E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > Best WIFI Printer for an iMac?

05-22-2012, 03:49 AM   #1
Hoops
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E70 X5 xDrive35d M Sport

Garage List
Best WIFI Printer for an iMac?

Just wondered if anyone could recommend the best WIFI printer and scanner that's fully compatible with an iMac?

Thanks

Steve
      05-22-2012, 01:08 PM   #2
NotNormal
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Audi A6 Avant 3.0TDi Quattro

Hewlet Packard HP8500A - best on ink usage, functionality, compatibility ect....

I've been more than happy with mine, and a couple of customers I'm contracted to are running them too
Everyone's been more than happy with it

Worth looking at
      05-22-2012, 05:15 PM   #3
Palmnuts
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Huracan Evo & M8 GC

Steve, I have a HP Multifunction WiFi printer which works seamlessly with my Macbook Pro.

Its a laserjet printer which although cost a bit more than an inkjet, the quality is fantastic and, although it may be a bit early to say, I think it may be cheaper to run. It felt like I was always buying ink for the HP inkjet printer but I've had my new printer since the start of January, I probably print 20 pages a week (so very light usage) and below is my current ink status.

As you can see, it is very frugal....think of a Laserjet as the 335d to your RS4 Inkjet Of course, when I do need new ink it costs £100 per colour but it seems at my current rate, I won't need to replace ink for over two years!

This is the printer (HP M175nw) and I can confirm that the cashback offer works well making it very good value for what it is. Oh, you can even print from anywhere - the printer has it's own IP address so you can connect to it from your phone or tablet....although I personally have never found use for this feature as I've never needed to print something that I didn't need at the point I've printed it!
Attached Images

Last edited by Palmnuts; 05-22-2012 at 05:48 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2012, 01:25 AM   #4
Hoops
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E70 X5 xDrive35d M Sport

Garage List
Thank you both for your advice - i will look into both - but again much appreciated advice.
      02-11-2020, 11:14 PM   #5
peta55
Registered
Rep
Drives: skoda

WiFi printer may get stuck

Your expensive WiFi printer may get stuck at the time of latch on with mac book pro because of poor internet connection. so best internet connection depends on proper router set up. to setup your router visit linksys e1200 setup . there are too many features which are new. you can print with so many options. you will not be in trouble.
Appreciate 0