E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Traction control warning and limp mode

07-03-2022, 07:57 AM   #1
LFOY272
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 318i (E90)

Garage List
2008 BMW 318i  [0.00]
Traction control warning and limp mode

Afternoon all,

I was driving to work this morning and had my 318i go into limp mode. It came up with the half filled engine light and the traction control with ! next to it. There was also another symbol which I can only describe as a speedo symbol again with ! next to it.

I had a generic code come up on my cheap scanner which allowed me to reset it and at present car is working normal again. Until I get my new scanner on Monday I don't know exact codes. Can anyone shed any light on this for me?
Attached Images

Last edited by LFOY272; 07-03-2022 at 08:21 AM.. Reason: Update with picture
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2022, 12:27 PM   #2
yupetc
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by LFOY272 View Post
Afternoon all,

I was driving to work this morning and had my 318i go into limp mode. It came up with the half filled engine light and the traction control with ! next to it. There was also another symbol which I can only describe as a speedo symbol again with ! next to it.

I had a generic code come up on my cheap scanner which allowed me to reset it and at present car is working normal again. Until I get my new scanner on Monday I don't know exact codes. Can anyone shed any light on this for me?
Typical issue causing it is your ABS sensor. Any of the sensor to the 4 wheels will give you this warning and limp mode if they crap out.

Then the not-too-typical cause will be morely on tuned or for those who drive it like they stole it, it may have something to do with a torque limit monitoring issue. Factory specific code to this will be 2D59 or something along this sort. So far, I haven't come across a real solution for this on my AA tuned N52.

'15 X5 - N57 intake duct, ER-Intake Pipe, Wagner FMIC, Hybrid Turbo, CP Pistons, Manley Rods, VRSF DP, MILVs, UR Front/Rear Sway Bars, H&R springs, Bilstein B6, ECS SS Brake Lines
Appreciate 0