E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > Android Auto Rear Cam Help

02-24-2022, 04:00 AM   #1
Bobbych
Private
Rep
Drives: 3 series 320d 2010

Android Auto Rear Cam Help

I took the plunge and purchased an Android Auto HU for my 2010 E90. it comes with a reverse cam, but I am seeking some advice on the install

from the pics attached, you can see the setup

I have 2 questions. the Cam has a RED power line, which I assume connects to the RED power line that is integrated into the AV line, which will run to the HU

first question, which connector on the harness is used for this? from the only pic I have from the website, it seems to suggest the CAMPOW line, although this is labelled Reverse cam inspection but this may be Chinese translation. so is this the correct line to supply 12V to the cam?

Second, it comes with this black box, which I assume needs to go 'in-line'. does anyone know what this is, and where in line, it needs to go?

Any help would be appreciated

for reference, here is a link to the HU I purchased

CLICK HERE
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-07-2022, 11:19 AM   #2
Ronaldo_9
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i e93

I installed one of these. Your android head unit has a powerline (6). Use that as the power feed. Ground the other negative cable. Mine didn't have that little black unit... i think that is used for direct 12v.