E90Post
 


Studio RSR
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) > F1 2022: US GP - Miami (May 8)



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-26-2022, 09:43 AM   #1
NYG
Colonel
NYG's Avatar
United_States
5951
Rep
2,624
Posts

Drives: Corvette Z06
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Brooklyn, NY

iTrader: (0)

F1 2022: US GP - Miami (May 8)

https://www.formula1.com/en/racing/2022/Miami.html

Name:  image.png
Views: 657
Size:  64.4 KB

Quote:
When was the track built?

Making its F1 debut in May 2022, the Miami International Autodrome is a temporary circuit, but one designed to have a permanent feel. Set in the Hard Rock Stadium complex in Miami Gardens, home to the NFL’s famous Miami Dolphins franchise, the track is the culmination of a development process that simulated no less than 36 different layouts before settling on a thrilling, 19-turn lap that provides a street circuit vibe, not dissimilar to Melbourne’s Albert Park.

When was its first Grand Prix?

The inaugural Miami Grand Prix takes place in 2022, the Florida race joining its Texan counterpart in Austin to become the second US race on the calendar – and the 11th different American venue to host a round of the Formula 1 world championship.

What's the circuit like?

A street-track spectacular. With the Hard Rock Stadium at its epicentre, the 5.41km layout will feature 19 corners, three straights, potential for three DRS zones, and an estimated top speed of 320km/h. There are elevation changes too, the main one found between Turns 13 and 16, with the track heading over an exit ramp and under various flyovers across uneven ground. The Turn 14-15 chicane, meanwhile, has an uphill approach, with a crest in the middle, and then drops down on exit.

Why go?

The Hard Rock Stadium knows how to put on a show – it has hosted six Super Bowls, two Baseball World Series and numerous rock concerts. Put it at the heart of a track designed to encourage close racing while meeting the highest safety standards and you have a sure-fire winner for spectators. Then there’s Miami itself – famed for its sandy beaches, art deco vibe, vibrant multiculturalism and rich sporting heritage, it’s an essential destination for those visiting the Sunshine State.

Where is the best place to watch?

When viewing a sporting event in a purpose-built stadium, it’s hard to go wrong. In fact, you could walk around the top deck of the Hard Rock Stadium and see every corner of the track – pretty unique. As for the best passing spots, a seat near Turns 1, 11 or 17 should put you in the thick of the action.
Appreciate 5
M5Rick32912.00
GuidoK5419.50
DrFerry3762.00
      04-26-2022, 09:46 AM   #2
NYG
Colonel
NYG's Avatar
United_States
5951
Rep
2,624
Posts

Drives: Corvette Z06
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Brooklyn, NY

iTrader: (0)

Very excited for this one.

Prediction:

P1: VER
P2: LEC
P3: PER
P4: SAI
P5: NOR

*CUE MERCEDES APOLOGISTS TURNING THINGS AROUND IN 3... 2.. 1.*
Appreciate 8
      04-26-2022, 12:03 PM   #3
DocL
Captain
DocL's Avatar
United_States
1258
Rep
640
Posts

Drives: 2018 M3
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: S Fla

iTrader: (1)

My friend is part of the hospitality at the track. Some people are spending $25k for VIP access.
__________________
2018 F80 M3. YMB/BLK. ZCP. Three Pedals.
"Education will never be as expensive as ignorance."
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2022, 12:27 PM   #4
NYG
Colonel
NYG's Avatar
United_States
5951
Rep
2,624
Posts

Drives: Corvette Z06
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Brooklyn, NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocL View Post
My friend is part of the hospitality at the track. Some people are spending $25k for VIP access.
It's wild - some of the clubs in the area are charging $100,000 for a table on that weekend.

I wanted to go to this GP so bad but I can't justify the cost. I like yelling at my TV more.
Appreciate 5
      04-26-2022, 12:34 PM   #5
Toddbmw
New Member
44
Rep
19
Posts

Drives: F22
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: North Carolina

iTrader: (0)

Working one of the flag stations (16D, DL at the end of the back straight).
Get in for no charge, better view than the $$$$ seat in the Autonation grandstand.
Appreciate 5
NYG5951.00
rcracin1174.50
3798j6197.00
      04-26-2022, 12:37 PM   #6
NYG
Colonel
NYG's Avatar
United_States
5951
Rep
2,624
Posts

Drives: Corvette Z06
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Brooklyn, NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddbmw View Post
Working one of the flag stations (16D, DL at the end of the back straight).
Get in for no charge, better view than the $$$$ seat in the Autonation grandstand.
Please take pics!!
Appreciate 3
M5Rick32912.00
DrFerry3762.00
      04-26-2022, 12:41 PM   #7
Toddbmw
New Member
44
Rep
19
Posts

Drives: F22
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: North Carolina

iTrader: (0)

Can't take pictures, will be working while the cars are on track.
Appreciate 1
NYG5951.00
      04-26-2022, 12:42 PM   #8
NYG
Colonel
NYG's Avatar
United_States
5951
Rep
2,624
Posts

Drives: Corvette Z06
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Brooklyn, NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddbmw View Post
Can't take pictures, will be working while the cars are on track.
A true gentleman.
Appreciate 3
M5Rick32912.00
EdM51947.50
      04-27-2022, 09:47 AM   #9
NYG
Colonel
NYG's Avatar
United_States
5951
Rep
2,624
Posts

Drives: Corvette Z06
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Brooklyn, NY

iTrader: (0)

https://racingnews365.com/rosberg-co...ensions-rising

Quote:

Rosberg: Toto, in my view, was angry at Lewis

"It's definitely a very, very tough situation for Lewis," Rosberg told Sky Sports F1.

"He's won a race in every single year of his career, and it looks like this might be the year where he can't win any more.

"You can see how the tension is rising. We saw how Toto, in my view, was angry at Lewis [after qualifying], because maybe Lewis criticised the team a little bit too harshly over the team internal radio about something they did.

"The tension's rising, and that's natural, and Lewis will obviously start to show those emotions a little bit.

"Nevertheless, with the experience he has, I think he will eventually manage to keep those under control."


Rosberg empathises with his former teammate

Rosberg, who retired from F1 after beating Hamilton to the 2016 Drivers' Championship, admitted that he felt slightly sorry for his former rival.

"It was tough to see Lewis in that state; he's really down, which is understandable," he said.

"It is a long season, but they're nowhere with that car. They're not even going to be able to fight for race wins any time soon, so it's difficult for Lewis to keep his motivation up.

"I think he will manage, because he really is a fighter, and remember there's always that thing that he still wants to beat his teammate. That's really, really important to him.

"With George performing so well, that could be the biggest motivator for Lewis to just keep going and keep fighting."
Appreciate 4
M5Rick32912.00
GuidoK5419.50
DrFerry3762.00
      04-27-2022, 10:07 AM   #10
NYG
Colonel
NYG's Avatar
United_States
5951
Rep
2,624
Posts

Drives: Corvette Z06
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Brooklyn, NY

iTrader: (0)

For F87source

Appreciate 5
M5Rick32912.00
F87source4966.00
DrFerry3762.00
Suds1166.00
      04-27-2022, 02:25 PM   #11
M5Rick
Lieutenant General
M5Rick's Avatar
32912
Rep
12,835
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Latest is that Binotto says that Ferrari will have just a few 'minimal' parts upgrade for Miami and won't be doing a larger upgrade until Barcelona. Whatever it is would be dependent on whether their drivers can deliver without tripping up over themselves.
Also Max breathing down their necks will be enough for them to worry about as well as if their equipment can last the laps.
Appreciate 3
NYG5951.00
DrFerry3762.00
      04-27-2022, 02:43 PM   #12
NYG
Colonel
NYG's Avatar
United_States
5951
Rep
2,624
Posts

Drives: Corvette Z06
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Brooklyn, NY

iTrader: (0)

The track layout actually looks pretty good. Not sure which car will be stronger here.
Appreciate 4
      04-27-2022, 02:55 PM   #13
FrankMstein
Lieutenant
FrankMstein's Avatar
United_States
378
Rep
418
Posts

Drives: BMW F80 M3 Infiniti G37x
Join Date: Jun 2021
Location: Charlotte

iTrader: (0)

I bet LuLu wil but driving harder after all the sh!t he's been getting for not being able to pass an Alpha Tauri
Appreciate 3
      04-27-2022, 03:00 PM   #14
NYG
Colonel
NYG's Avatar
United_States
5951
Rep
2,624
Posts

Drives: Corvette Z06
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Brooklyn, NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMstein View Post
I bet LuLu wil but driving harder after all the sh!t he's been getting for not being able to pass an Alpha Tauri
And getting blue flagged for Max and Sergio.
Appreciate 4
      04-28-2022, 09:01 AM   #15
3798j
Major
3798j's Avatar
6197
Rep
1,372
Posts

Drives: E86 3.0si
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Susquehanna Valley

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
'64 Corvette  [0.00]
'08 Z4 3.0SI  [9.00]
'19 VW Golf "R ...  [0.00]
'85 Corvette  [0.00]
'68 Triumph GT6  [0.00]
'66 Triumph TR4A  [0.00]
'55 Ford F100  [0.00]
"Apr.28 (GMM) Formula 1 is dangerously low on race directors ahead of next weekend’s inaugural and highly anticipated first race on the streets of Miami.

With Michael Masi ousted over the 2021 championship finale debacle, his two replacements Eduardo Freitas and Niels Wittich have both now tested positive for covid.

L’Equipe said the rumour has blown “a small wind of panic” through Formula 1, as the pair cannot even travel to the United States until they test negative.

An FIA spokesman would not confirm the news to the Spanish newspaper El Mundo Deportivo, because divulging medical information about staff is not allowed “unless it is relevant to the development of an event”.

That would imply that the sport’s governing body is not worried that the problem could affect the race in Miami.

Race director assistant and F1 veteran Herbie Blash and Colin Haywood are being named as potential short-term replacements.

L’Equipe, however, said Blash and Haywood “do not have FIA race director certification”, so the job could instead be passed to DTM race director Scott Elkins."
Appreciate 1
NYG5951.00
      04-28-2022, 10:29 AM   #16
NYG
Colonel
NYG's Avatar
United_States
5951
Rep
2,624
Posts

Drives: Corvette Z06
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Brooklyn, NY

iTrader: (0)

Jenson Button Interview - https://www.total-motorsport.com/jen...en-difference/

Quote:
“I think Max goes for every opportunity,” Button exclusively told Total-Motorsport.com. “When overtaking, for example, he is a bit more aggressive.

“It works for him though, he’s got a unique style and that’s the difference. They’re both extremely skilled but I think what Max can do with a balance that isn’t good is insane.

“He can drive a very oversteery car very quickly. All of his teammates have struggled with that so he’s got a unique style and I think we’ve seen that over the years.”
Appreciate 3
      04-28-2022, 12:10 PM   #17
FrankMstein
Lieutenant
FrankMstein's Avatar
United_States
378
Rep
418
Posts

Drives: BMW F80 M3 Infiniti G37x
Join Date: Jun 2021
Location: Charlotte

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG View Post
I have watched Prost and Senna in person. There are parallels of Senna and Lulu being gods in the car all by themselves, quali... and Prost and MV being able to do what they want with a car in racing conditions. Some of that has to do with the cars.

Not trying to change the direction in the thread, just drawing my observations and comparisons of the sets.

Still I bet Lulu has something to prove in Miami big time. F1 is like pro basketball, they mostly lay down. Sometimes you can SEE someone lit a fire under them. Lulu is very mental which is why he doesn't talk to the media before a race. The questions will be in his head.
Appreciate 1
NYG5951.00
      04-28-2022, 12:19 PM   #18
M5Rick
Lieutenant General
M5Rick's Avatar
32912
Rep
12,835
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3798j View Post
"Apr.28 (GMM) Formula 1 is dangerously low on race directors ahead of next weekend’s inaugural and highly anticipated first race on the streets of Miami.

With Michael Masi ousted over the 2021 championship finale debacle, his two replacements Eduardo Freitas and Niels Wittich have both now tested positive for covid.

L’Equipe said the rumour has blown “a small wind of panic” through Formula 1, as the pair cannot even travel to the United States until they test negative.

An FIA spokesman would not confirm the news to the Spanish newspaper El Mundo Deportivo, because divulging medical information about staff is not allowed “unless it is relevant to the development of an event”.

That would imply that the sport’s governing body is not worried that the problem could affect the race in Miami.

Race director assistant and F1 veteran Herbie Blash and Colin Haywood are being named as potential short-term replacements.

L’Equipe, however, said Blash and Haywood “do not have FIA race director certification”, so the job could instead be passed to DTM race director Scott Elkins."
Masi's available heheh
Appreciate 5
      04-28-2022, 12:31 PM   #19
NYG
Colonel
NYG's Avatar
United_States
5951
Rep
2,624
Posts

Drives: Corvette Z06
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Brooklyn, NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMstein View Post
I have watched Prost and Senna in person. There are parallels of Senna and Lulu being gods in the car all by themselves, quali... and Prost and MV being able to do what they want with a car in racing conditions. Some of that has to do with the cars.

Not trying to change the direction in the thread, just drawing my observations and comparisons of the sets.

Still I bet Lulu has something to prove in Miami big time. F1 is like pro basketball, they mostly lay down. Sometimes you can SEE someone lit a fire under them. Lulu is very mental which is why he doesn't talk to the media before a race. The questions will be in his head.
Senna in race conditions was a MONSTER though.

If there was rain, no one even came close.

Jealous you got to see that in person.
Appreciate 4
      04-28-2022, 04:31 PM   #20
M5Rick
Lieutenant General
M5Rick's Avatar
32912
Rep
12,835
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List

HAM has actually won something, a London council has given him permission to chop down a tree on a property of his after neighbours tried to prevent it but lost.
Appreciate 4
NYG5951.00
DrFerry3762.00
      04-28-2022, 04:47 PM   #21
NYG
Colonel
NYG's Avatar
United_States
5951
Rep
2,624
Posts

Drives: Corvette Z06
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Brooklyn, NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post

HAM has actually won something, a London council has given him permission to chop down a tree on a property of his after neighbours tried to prevent it but lost.
A hippie vegan out there is currently posting deep meditating thoughts on instagram stories right now.
Appreciate 4
      04-29-2022, 01:28 AM   #22
M5Rick
Lieutenant General
M5Rick's Avatar
32912
Rep
12,835
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG View Post
A hippie vegan out there is currently posting deep meditating thoughts on instagram stories right now.
Not on SM but the tree huggers in West London were on a loser as the tree in question was diseased.
Appreciate 3
DrFerry3762.00
NYG5951.00
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:12 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST