E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > New member here... MHD question

06-21-2022, 12:21 PM   #1
King-David
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 335i, 1996 BMW 328i,

New member here... MHD question

New to the forums and new to the E90. I've had a a few E60's a few E34's, an E66 and E36... question about my newly acquired E90.

I have a Stage 2 Pure turbo 335i. PO had it MHD tuned and it's... fast is not the right description. He's upgraded to PURE turbos, upgraded charge pipe, intercooler, down pipes etc... TC off is scary. Anywho... He had a tablet in the glove box that was dedicated to the tune... and the OBD cable in the car. The OBD has a USB end.. I have no idea how I connect the OBD cable to the tablet in order to adjust some of the settings. Do i just buy a USB to Android adapter?Also, do i need to re-register the tune for me? Can i pay an upgrade to be able to just do adjustments on my phone? Thanks in advance... looks forward to learning from you all.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2022, 02:01 PM   #2
BSM n54iS
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '11 335is | '16 Macan Turbo

So he left you his tablet with the car also but took the adapter with him? Lol strange. Ya there's a USB to android adapter you need, or more convenient I think are the Orange MHD WiFi dongles

https://burgertuning.com/products/mh...-flash-adapter
GruppeM CF Intake | AR Resonated DP | ER CP | Turbosmart RacePort BOV | Cobb FMIC | RB Inlets | RB External Mishi/Turner OCC | Michelin PS4 | BMW Performance Springs/Bilstein B8 + Dinan & M3 bits | BMW Brembo BBK | BMW Performance CF Spoiler | BMW Performance CF Lip | BMW Performance Alcantara | PS Designs GTS Armrest | AG H6-40 | Rear Seat Delete
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2022, 03:49 PM   #3
King-David
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 335i, 1996 BMW 328i,

Quote:
Originally Posted by BdSM n54iS View Post
So he left you his tablet with the car also but took the adapter with him? Lol strange. Ya there's a USB to android adapter you need, or more convenient I think are the Orange MHD WiFi dongles

https://burgertuning.com/products/mh...-flash-adapter
Right? It has his personal email and such on it too.. so I need to get ahold of him anyways. Do I have to change the license or something into one in my name?
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2022, 11:45 PM   #4
BSM n54iS
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '11 335is | '16 Macan Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by King-David View Post
Right? It has his personal email and such on it too.. so I need to get ahold of him anyways. Do I have to change the license or something into one in my name?
I imagine that would be a good thing at some point, if needing to log back in at some time but hell use it for free while you can
GruppeM CF Intake | AR Resonated DP | ER CP | Turbosmart RacePort BOV | Cobb FMIC | RB Inlets | RB External Mishi/Turner OCC | Michelin PS4 | BMW Performance Springs/Bilstein B8 + Dinan & M3 bits | BMW Brembo BBK | BMW Performance CF Spoiler | BMW Performance CF Lip | BMW Performance Alcantara | PS Designs GTS Armrest | AG H6-40 | Rear Seat Delete
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2022, 11:45 AM   #5
Andyrt200
Private
Rep
Drives: E93 335i SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by King-David View Post
Yes the license is supposed to be for the owner not the car, so when you sell it the new owner buys his own. But if you have all his personal details then I guess as said you can just present to be him. You’ll need his login passwords / username it seems to keep asking for them.

At least he gave you almost everything. The guy who had mine before me assured me it was totally stock. When I got MHD hooked up I found it already had the stage1 tune on it.
Appreciate 0