E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > ABS Module Calibrate

06-21-2022, 08:57 PM   #1
Jimmy311
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i

ABS Module Calibrate

Hello all, I had the trifecta of lights and finally sent my abs module (pump included) to Module Masters for a pump rebuild. They are telling me that I have to calibrate the DSC now that I have it back. I thought because they only messed with the pump that I wouldn’t have to do that.

Codes I had:
5DE2
5DF1
5DD2
5DD0

I reinstalled the abs module into the car and reconnected the battery and started the car. The windshield wipers started going and wouldn’t stop. I ran my Carly tool and the schwaben OBD2 by Foxwell scanner and both threw many new codes, all relating to DSC communication (mainly with other systems).

Is my only option to calibrate the DSC with INPA or Ista-D? Are the wipers related? The car sat for about a month due to traveling and not having time to deal with it. Also coupled it with a starter replacement. My point being, is that the battery may have been low on the initial start and could be causing the wiper issue but I have since had the car on long enough to see 13.9-14.1V while running. I disconnected the battery and the abs module then reconnected them to hopefully mitigate any low voltage issues from the first time.

I don’t have INPA or ista-d or any of the others but willing to give them a go.

Looking for some advice or input here as I’ve read a lot of threads, consulted module masters, and watched YouTube videos but my specific case has me baffled on what I should do next.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2022, 12:41 AM   #2
Tambohamilton
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E91 330d

Fully charge the battery, clear the codes, then see what happens. I honestly can't remember if I recalibrated mine after rebuilding the pump.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2022, 09:44 AM   #3
Jimmy311
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i

Battery is charging now. It was at 12.2V after sitting all night. That's not great but not terrible from my understanding. ~60%

Will clear codes and see what that does after the charge gets to 12.6+.
Appreciate 0