E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Mytyres.co.uk

02-03-2020, 04:04 AM   #23
Silver Streek
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 325d E91

BMW's are very sensitive to the tires you put on them.
They must be female cars 😂
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2020, 06:11 AM   #24
gIzzE
Major General
Rep
Drives: F11 + 911 C4

I have to say, I am really liking these Eagle F1 asymmetrical 5's.

They feel a bit firmer than I remember F1s being, but still really comfy, they grip a bit longer than Pilot Sports but not quite as progressive when they do let go, but as an everyday car that suits me fine.

They seem fairly quiet, not as quiet as the Goodyear Efficient Grips I have been using quite a lot, but very good in this regard.

Overall I would buy the same again if I had to tomorrow.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2020, 02:19 PM   #25
aaronblack
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by gIzzE View Post
Completely disagree about having different tyres front and rear. It 'can' really throw the car out, it can make it feel far less planted, the back end can kick out easier and you often see the traction light when pressing on or even exiting a fast junction in the wet, these BMWs should never really see a traction light in anything but extreme circumstances.

This has come up ad infinitum over the last 20 years or so on BMW forums, people never believe it, change bushes, dampers, etc. etc. to try and get their car feeling factory tight again and finally put matching tyres on front and rear and ......... BINGO! It feels like a BMW should again.

Now of course you can be lucky with 2 different brands, a real no no is symmetric pattern up front and asymmetric tread on the rear.

I just can't see the point of buying a BMW and putting different tyres on the front and rear, people tend to buy BMWs as they like a planted well handling car, so why risk losing that with mismatched tyres?

I just paid £425 for 4 Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetrical 5's fitted through blackcircles.

It had Pilot Sports on the rear and Eagle F1 3's on the front, very, very similar treads on those two and it didn't feel terrible, but I know it didn't feel as it should.
As soon as the tyres went on it felt properly planted again, no traction light no matter how much I provoke it either. Sorted.
I'm guessing you have 18's? Can't seem to find Assy 5's for 19's
Appreciate 0