E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > E90 n53 330i exhaust and diff oil service

02-24-2020, 04:40 PM   #1
Jay529
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 330i M Sport LCI

E90 n53 330i exhaust and diff oil service

Hi,

Been thinking of either cutting the res or removing the back box for a custom exhaust on my E90, anyone have any suggestions or have done something similar to their 330i.

There is a E90 320i in blue with number plate P44DLL that has a custom exhaust and it sounds really nice, if you are the owner of that car let me know what you did bro and where from. Sounds really sweet and would like something similar done to mine.

Also I have my car booked in this week for the gearbox service (auto trans) and sump replacement at M Style, was wondering if the diff needs an oil service too? My car is currently on 101,800 miles.

Also any other preventative work you think I should do please let me know.

Thanks,

Jay
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2020, 06:11 AM   #2
Phil325i
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 325i MSport Coupe

Garage List
Would deffo change the diff fluid at that mileage. Can't comment on the exhaust. I have a BMW Performance exhaust on mine and I love it. They're discontinued now, but I believe the Eisenmann exhaust is pretty similar.

If you're thinking of preventative maintenance, Google 'mike miller bmw old school maintenance'. Some think he's OTT, but it's worth a read...
E92 pre-LCI 325i - Ohlins R&T; H&R spacers; M3 strut brace; Swift thrust sheets; 3 x chassis braces; diff brace; N53 V-brace; 034 subframe inserts; BMS clutch stop; BMS CDV; RE g/box mounts; Delrin shift bushes; Saikoumichi OCC; Cyba scoops; BMW Perf Exhaust; HEL s/steel brake hoses; M3 rear spoiler; Recaro Sportster CSs; M3 white dash LEDs; LED Angels; LED side repeaters; BMW Perf black grille; CSL reps; SSDD carbon diffuser; Monster Wrap black roof/clear front
Appreciate 1
Jay5290.00
      02-25-2020, 06:24 PM   #3
Jay529
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil325i View Post
Would deffo change the diff fluid at that mileage. Can't comment on the exhaust. I have a BMW Performance exhaust on mine and I love it. They're discontinued now, but I believe the Eisenmann exhaust is pretty similar.

If you're thinking of preventative maintenance, Google 'mike miller bmw old school maintenance'. Some think he's OTT, but it's worth a read...
Hi Phil,

Thanks for getting back to me mate I appreciate it, I will make sure to enquire what the going rate for a diff oil change is at m style when I drop my car off.

Have you had one done by any chance?

I know man those m performed exhausts are like gold dust now, when I first brought my car 2 years ago I found a seller on eBay selling a new one, sadly I didn't have the funds to purchase it at the time so left it. When I was ready I asked if they had anymore and none at all, one of my regrets lol

I'll make sure to look at that manufacturer.

Ok I'll give it a read thanks for the heads up, I've done a lot on it so far due to wear and tear but want to take extra steps lol
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2020, 03:54 AM   #4
DriverLDN
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i M Sport E90 2006

If you're getting the gearbox done, you may as well get the diff done at the same time. The diff oil change is suppose to be a really easy job. I had my gearbox and diff oil done around 70k miles and it made a huge difference to how smooth the car felt.
      02-27-2020, 04:09 AM   #5
Jay529
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriverLDN View Post
If you're getting the gearbox done, you may as well get the diff done at the same time. The diff oil change is suppose to be a really easy job. I had my gearbox and diff oil done around 70k miles and it made a huge difference to how smooth the car felt.
Thanks for the input Driver, I'll be giving them a call today to get a quote as they don't have a price for Diff change on their site.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2020, 01:03 PM   #6
Phil325i
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay529 View Post
Yes - did it myself. Easy job. If you're doing it DIY you'll need a vacuum pump to remove the old oil as the diff doesn't have a drain plug. I use one like this:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-Oil-E...IAAOSw31pdRA54
E92 pre-LCI 325i - Ohlins R&T; H&R spacers; M3 strut brace; Swift thrust sheets; 3 x chassis braces; diff brace; N53 V-brace; 034 subframe inserts; BMS clutch stop; BMS CDV; RE g/box mounts; Delrin shift bushes; Saikoumichi OCC; Cyba scoops; BMW Perf Exhaust; HEL s/steel brake hoses; M3 rear spoiler; Recaro Sportster CSs; M3 white dash LEDs; LED Angels; LED side repeaters; BMW Perf black grille; CSL reps; SSDD carbon diffuser; Monster Wrap black roof/clear front
Appreciate 1
Jay5290.00
      02-27-2020, 01:08 PM   #7
Jay529
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Yes - did it myself. Easy job. If you're doing it DIY you'll need a vacuum pump to remove the old oil as the diff doesn't have a drain plug. I use one like this:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-Oil-E...IAAOSw31pdRA54
Yo you smashed it bro thanks for sending this over. I'll have a look at it and if I feel confident enough I my give it a go lol
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2020, 01:16 PM   #8
Phil325i
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Yo you smashed it bro thanks for sending this over. I'll have a look at it and if I feel confident enough I my give it a go lol
Loads of helpful vids on YouTube:

Appreciate 1
Jay5290.00
      02-27-2020, 01:19 PM   #9
Jay529
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Loads of helpful vids on YouTube:

Wow that is really simple lol thanks for showing me this. I usually like to have a go at things and thought I would mess this up, but this seems ok.

If I do have a go hopefully you won't see another post from me called "diff replacement needed" Lol
Appreciate 0