E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Wiper issues

02-26-2020, 03:46 AM   #1
Trunks85
Trunks
Ireland
Rep
Drives: BMW e90

Wiper issues

Hi All,

I'm back for some more advice on my E90 and would appreciate any input.

Lately I have been having issues with my Windscreen wipers, I have the following issue.....they stop working every so often. When this happens I get nothing from the stalk, no first stage, no second stage and no washer. Then all of a sudden they will start working if I click up to stage 2 after a certain amount of time.

I got a replacement relay as they are cheap to see if this was the culprit but it does not seem to have helped.

I have ran ISTA and I am getting an error on the JBE for Wiper. When I run a test plan it issues seem to be on Wiper Stage 1 as it wont do a full cycle during the test. When the wiper state 1 is working I find that they are "lethargic" and can hear the motor more than I should. Stage 2 the wipers work perfectly, there is no noise nor do the wipers seem "lethargic".

Could this be an issue with the JBE? If so do I need to replace it or can it be reflashed?

Hope someone has some knowledge on this or has corrected a similar issue in the past.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2020, 04:19 AM   #2
dragerboy
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 330D

Not had the same issues but when I had a knackered windscreen washer pump the wipers stopped working.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2020, 04:41 AM   #3
Trunks85
Trunks
Ireland
Rep
Drives: BMW e90

Thanks Dragerboy, did they stop working altogether or was it intermittent? also when the washer pump was knackered did the windscreen washers work every so often or not all all?
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2020, 07:40 AM   #4
dragerboy
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 330D

If I remember I mistakenly swapped the windscreen washer pump for a dud I had laying about. I was shocked that meant nothing worked in regards to the wipers. I then went on a search regarding fuses and relay's.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2020, 11:53 AM   #5
Andreiduta444
Registered
Rep
Drives: E90 m Pack

Hellomate , how did you solved the problem , i have exactly the same problem , replaced the relay and still sound the same
Appreciate 0