E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Looking to purchase

07-11-2017, 08:12 PM   #1
SpikeyNachos
Rep
Drives: VW GTI

Looking to purchase

Greetings all,

I tried this in the general section w/o much luck. Probably should have been here first.

So before I take the car in for a PPI I wanted to to see what the resident experts thought.

Asking 16K
2011 E92 335i
Base model
X-drive
Steptronic
1 owner mid 60's
New pads & rotors by dealer. (Low end, just guessing)

6-16 title reported to DMV
8-16 reported @ auction 48,471 mi. (200 mi. & out of state)
3-17 reported @ auction 50,388 mi. as dealer vehicle. (current dealer)

The time & mileage difference bothers me.
Maybe dealers & auction guys just use them as personnel vehicles w/o having to register them?

Car is almost to clean in general, especially under the hood. The current dealer didn't do it.

When standing in front of the car w/ the hood up there are wires that have been wrapped in electrical tape from approximatley the strut tower down to the headlight region. It's on both sides. The rest of the wires are wrapped in more of a cloth like electrical tape.

Worth the PPI?

My plan is keep learning from this site & others before eventually purchasing a BMW next. I can wait for the right one.

Thanks for any & all help/ opinions.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2017, 08:47 AM   #2
Faredo
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

What are your plans for the car?
Mods related to trouble shooting posts: Stock Turbos, MHD OTS V7 stage 2+ 93 oct, VRSF Downpipes, VRSF Relocated inlets, CTS Turbo 7" Intercooler, Tial BOV with upgraded line 5.56mm, index 12 injectors, A/T OEM Flash.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2017, 11:41 PM   #3
SpikeyNachos
Rep
Drives: VW GTI

1. Replace the RF tires. (I already have a set)

2. All necessary maintenance. Still researching the best & most accurate ways to find the service history. Call local dealer? Read something about a Davis report but that they might be accurate.

3. Enjoy it!

4. ECU tune. TCU tune???

5. I do bike to work so this would make the car my toy/ errand runner.

6. Keep it long term? We shall see how that goes. I usually drive, mod then get something else every couple of years.

7. This would be my first BMW. I really like the I-6, turbo, x-drive combo. Price point is good for me right now.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2017, 11:55 AM   #4
Faredo
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

1. Yes

2. Dealer will have the most info. there are recalls and extensions on various parts. they will know if these have been fulfilled.

3. All a matter of perspective. I personally do not like the way the xdrives handle, but if you've driven it and cant tell a difference from RWD then by all means.

4. Goes without saying
I started with a JB4, then went to JB4 BEF, then left JB4 and went MHD. You will want to search this but I could have saved a few bucks and a lot of headaches if i went MHD to begin with... thats if they where around back then.

5. no input

6. Depending on what youre paying, resale may or may not be a factor. Im really interested in what the market will look like for a clean e9x 335i 5 years from now. That said, a high mile BMW is a hard sale.

7. If its in the cards get a warranty. Parts are very expensive and labor is insane. I would not be able to afford this car if I couldnt do my own work.

PPI would be a good investment. Oil leaks, bad or failing turbos, injector issues, fuel pump/s, coil issues, these are all things that will need to be looked at very closely. The 335i is an amazing car, but its a diva.
Mods related to trouble shooting posts: Stock Turbos, MHD OTS V7 stage 2+ 93 oct, VRSF Downpipes, VRSF Relocated inlets, CTS Turbo 7" Intercooler, Tial BOV with upgraded line 5.56mm, index 12 injectors, A/T OEM Flash.
Appreciate 0