E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > Does anyone have the VRSF catback exhaust?

Closed Thread

03-02-2016, 09:00 AM   #45
Tiago@VRSF
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Garage List
We've tinkered with a few mufflerless setups the past few months and they all sound terrible. I really don't want to put our name on a sub-standard product so we're now considering changing the piping a bit to accommodate an inline muffler to go along with the straight outlets.
Appreciate 1
      03-02-2016, 03:45 PM   #46
Aegean335UK
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E93 335i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiago@VRSF View Post
We've tinkered with a few mufflerless setups the past few months and they all sound terrible. I really don't want to put our name on a sub-standard product so we're now considering changing the piping a bit to accommodate an inline muffler to go along with the straight outlets.
I'll keep my eyes peeled for that then, cheers man
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2016, 03:47 PM   #47
pbdrew15
Rep
Drives: 50i

Quote:
Any more news or update on this Tiago? Currently just the "street" version is the only option?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2016, 08:06 PM   #48
Tiago@VRSF
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Only the street, I'm waiting on a production sample of just the rear (no mid pipe modifications) that should be here in the next 3-4 weeks. We're going to offer that for the folks who want something that's super aggressive and don't mind the added drone of going mufflerless.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2016, 11:34 AM   #49
expressfish
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 E92 335I Monaco Blau

Tiago, I was going thru some reviews as we all do before we make a purchase and read there were some issues with the outlet tips not centering and the piping hanging a little lower that stock, some members were scraping the vbands. These were from a few years ago, we you able to get a better fitment in the currect stock you have for sale ? EDIT DAMN, I thought I was in the N54 forum ! Question applys to the N54 e92, sorry bout that ! Thanks

Last edited by expressfish; 08-20-2016 at 11:46 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2016, 03:26 PM   #50
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by expressfish View Post
Tiago, I was going thru some reviews as we all do before we make a purchase and read there were some issues with the outlet tips not centering and the piping hanging a little lower that stock, some members were scraping the vbands. These were from a few years ago, we you able to get a better fitment in the currect stock you have for sale ? EDIT DAMN, I thought I was in the N54 forum ! Question applys to the N54 e92, sorry bout that ! Thanks
This was version 1, VRSF and authorized dealers now offer version 2 of this exhaust which fixed the fitment issues

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2016, 04:27 PM   #51
expressfish
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

thanks Mike !
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2016, 03:09 PM   #52
Conti.
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16' Azurite F80 M3

Garage List
2016 M3  [0.00]
Quote:

I've had this new version for close to a year, the wait on preorder was longer than i've had the exhaust lol. To answer your questions realistically:

the tips on my exhaust are not centered. I have them adjusted the most they can possibly go and there still a little crooked. I've tried twisting the pipes so many different ways and it doesn't help. Not terribly off but when you see another e90 next to mine it really sticks out. The tips also stick out a little more than my liking but not to terrible, probably an inch and a half. Maybe it will look better on your e92 but on an e90 it sticks out a bit. Overall fitment of the tips is disappointing.

I believe the low fitment issue has been resolved because i don't scrape and i'm decently low so i'm happy with that. I've only scraped over a speed bump in an apartment complex which are more like speed curbs. The exhaust didn't scrape though, it was the cross brace underneath. They do give you some thick spacers for the crossmember support brace to fit the exhaust over it but they don't give you the extended bolts to mount it. Some BS if you ask me. It should've come with all necessary hardware for install. I had to go fishing around for some longer bolts to keep the support bar.

overall the fitment was very meh. I do enjoy the sound of it though. I think the big single piping and probably the mufflers internal design contributes to give the N54 one of the least raspy sounding aftermarket exhausts, along with the Cobb setup. This is a little bit bigger piping than cobb though so in theory it should flow better. Slight drone at 2k but nothing unbearable. It's good balance of mellow for an exhaust system. Once warmed up and cruising around normally, it's not to obnoxious. loud under WOT which is nice. Also loud cold starts, especially in winter. my neighbor hates it haha.

hope that helps you out a bit.

2016 AB F80 M3 6MT
///BMW M Performance | Motorsport Hardware | BM3 | AA | EMB | BMS | RKP | IND
Appreciate 2
      08-23-2016, 11:20 AM   #53
expressfish
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Thanks Conti. Looking at the pics online it looks like they went away with v-band clamps and are using the slip fit band clamps. Correct ? Also Im guessing the system utilizes some of the stock hanger locations ?
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2016, 11:26 AM   #54
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep
Drives: C6 Z06, 09 335i, 10 335xi

Quote:
Thanks Conti. Looking at the pics online it looks like they went away with v-band clamps and are using the slip fit band clamps. Correct ? Also Im guessing the system utilizes some of the stock hanger locations ?
Still uses stock hangers, no more v-band allowed for more clearance.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2016, 11:27 AM   #55
Tiago@VRSF
United_States
Rep

Garage List
We remove the v-bands due to a clearance issue. The system uses a few of the stock hanger locations. The slip fits offer a lot of adjust, I haven't had one instance where the tips weren't able to be lined up perfectly but that's on the installer.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2016, 11:48 AM   #56
expressfish
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

thanks guys. The rasp my stock exhaust creates with downpipes is horrible. It almost sounds like something is loose in my muffler. I even welded the flapper shaft on the bottom side the other day and it still sounds nasty ! Will be ordering soon, love the deep tones and the exhaust honestly reminds me of the way my cummins diesel is set up.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2016, 09:30 PM   #57
Conti.
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16' Azurite F80 M3

Garage List
2016 M3  [0.00]
N54 have a tendency to be raspy and there really isn't a way around that unless you go single. single setups sound much better. with n54's it's just a matter of be less raspy. and like they said all slip fit. definitely takes some time to get everything lined up properly. i had to adjust it quite a few times for clearance against rear control arms. after plenty of time fiddling with it all the mid pipes line up and perfectly with stock hangers. for some reason on mine the tips will not center to safe my life. my previous stock exhaust was perfectly center but these tips will not. they point outwards. i might be able to get them a little more center but then my exhaust tips will be sticking out 3 inches or so and I can't stand the tips poking so far out on e90s. Looks stupid imo. gotta take the good with the bad on sound/price

2016 AB F80 M3 6MT
///BMW M Performance | Motorsport Hardware | BM3 | AA | EMB | BMS | RKP | IND
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2016, 11:24 AM   #58
expressfish
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
We remove the v-bands due to a clearance issue. The system uses a few of the stock hanger locations. The slip fits offer a lot of adjust, I haven't had one instance where the tips weren't able to be lined up perfectly but that's on the installer.
Order coming thru, Thanks for the quick response time !

Last edited by expressfish; 08-25-2016 at 11:56 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2016, 04:57 PM   #59
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Order coming thru, Thanks for the quick response time !
Post a video once installed

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2016, 05:16 PM   #60
expressfish
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

10-4, looks like a labor day install for me. As much as I hate jackstands it must be done!
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2016, 04:35 PM   #61
expressfish
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conti. View Post
N54 have a tendency to be raspy and there really isn't a way around that unless you go single. single setups sound much better. with n54's it's just a matter of be less raspy. and like they said all slip fit. definitely takes some time to get everything lined up properly. i had to adjust it quite a few times for clearance against rear control arms. after plenty of time fiddling with it all the mid pipes line up and perfectly with stock hangers. for some reason on mine the tips will not center to safe my life. my previous stock exhaust was perfectly center but these tips will not. they point outwards. i might be able to get them a little more center but then my exhaust tips will be sticking out 3 inches or so and I can't stand the tips poking so far out on e90s. Looks stupid imo. gotta take the good with the bad on sound/price
You are correct, its impossible to get the driver side tip straight. There is no way its adjustable except back and fourth / in and out as to how far they stick out behind the car. I even shimmed it but once you tighten down on the clamp it follows the angle of the muffler. I even used force with a 2x2 board, held it in place and tightned it. No luck. I guess when I get time this week I'll spot weld them in place.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2017, 09:07 AM   #62
Athanasios2016
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: N55 Space Grey

It's unfortunate that a couple of members are having some fitment trouble. I currently was looking into this exhaust for my N55 Xdrive, wondering what modifications need to take place to use this exhaust on my vehicle.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2017, 03:36 PM   #63
JLGM4
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athanasios2016 View Post
It's unfortunate that a couple of members are having some fitment trouble. I currently was looking into this exhaust for my N55 Xdrive, wondering what modifications need to take place to use this exhaust on my vehicle.
Don't get this exhaust. Just do the performance exhaust mod for $400 bucks max and get some catless and you'll be much much happier
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2017, 08:47 AM   #64
Tiago@VRSF
United_States
Rep

Garage List
This exhaust won't fit the X drive without modification, the front pipe has to be cut to fit around the transmission.

All the fitment issues mentioned previously have been resolved with our new design. This exhaust sounds better, weighs less and retains resale value in comparison to the PE mod. It also doesn't have the drone associated with the PE mod.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2017, 10:26 AM   #65
JLGM4
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4

Quote:
This exhaust won't fit the X drive without modification, the front pipe has to be cut to fit around the transmission.

All the fitment issues mentioned previously have been resolved with our new design. This exhaust sounds better, weighs less and retains resale value in comparison to the PE mod. It also doesn't have the drone associated with the PE mod.
I have zero drone with PE mod and catless dp. Not hating on your exhaust, just wasn't loud enough for me. I've got all your other products tho!
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2017, 07:13 AM   #66
EB89
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i e92 DCT

Garage List
Make a race version with a downpipe that doesn't split into two like every other downpipe.

3.5 inch from turbo to muffler.

4 inch tips

And dare I say remote controlled valves

Take on IPE
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread