E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > Audi S3 Sportback, anyone!

01-24-2013, 08:58 AM   #23
chrisbmwcy
Second Lieutenant
Cyprus
Rep
Drives: M4 F82 2016 DCT Austin Yellow

I personally prefer the 5 door S3 over the 3 door. IMO looks better!

If you want power go for the S3, with just a remap you are there!. Blue colour is stunning!

But forget the MPG you where getting from you 320d!

Past: F36 430d Gran Coupe M-Sport Alpine White - DMS Remap, E92 320d Crismson Red M-Sport, R56 Mini Cooper S. Mazda RX8 Type-S Japan Import, E46 320ci LCI Convertible M-Sport Silver Grey
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2013, 09:24 AM   #24
takumichinoku
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

I used to spend every bloody minute on Audi-sport when I had my S3. Great forum! Mixed bunch!

S3 great build..easily tuneable..cost me £500 or so for a revo remap and add a fire breathing induction kit.miltek later it pushed out about 310-320...enjoyed the interior and flat bottom steering wheel...but...boring to bloody drive. End of story really. Bought new and sold 14months later.

New one is coming out later this year. Wait for that one. Or like everyone says. Get a M135i and get the front wrapped fully cos its butt ugly!
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2013, 11:06 AM   #25
Guvernator
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i SE Cabriolet

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowflow View Post
I was actually going to suggest the Leon to you. Did you see the recent thread on the Supercoppa FR that another member just picked up. A few members chimed in (including myself) saying they owned or had driven one and all comments were positive. They really are very good. Fast and highly tuneable as well.

There's a new model just out. It doesn't have the hidden door handle style of the old one but It's still a cracking looking car and no doubt drives just as well as the last model. Sadly there are no fast ones yet.
Yes I did read that thread with interest and starting looking at Cupra\Cupra R's on Autotrader. I actually prefer the current shape to pics I've seen of the newest one tbh as I think it's more distinctive whereas the new one looks like a rather generic VAG car IMO.

What are the interiors and overall build quality like, just don't want to take a step back in quality as I'd resent it after the BMW. People (yourself included) usually go Seat to BMW for this reason and not vice versa.
Appreciate 0