E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > **Awbimmer E92 335D** - End of an Era....

03-06-2014, 02:03 PM   #111
old grey steve
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: MK 7.5 Golf R

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWBimmer View Post
Haha thanks Steve! Thank your for te kind words ))
The m3 sides have really given it the definition it needed to complete the look
So glad this post has re appeared, the more I look at this car the more it strikes the word perfection straight between the eyes. Look wise the front end using the SE front bumper has really got me thinking now as I was on the hunt of a pre LCI front bumper, but now ummmmm might do the bottom lip job and blend in like you've done and I've done previously with club sport splitters on my old E46 Sport.

The rear bumper on mines gotta go, Sport bumpers a must but can I use only a pre LCI rear bumper or can I use an LCI rear bumper, I'm sure either will work but you never know.

I hope this car will make an appearance this coming Sunday at the Ace
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2014, 03:29 PM   #112
AWBimmer
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335D Pre-LCI | E63 M6 V10

Steve, so kind of you - thanks buddy!

Yes I'll make an appearance but I'll be on my 230s plus car's not in the best of conditions (for my liking anyways).... little small bits here and there need doing but I plan on tackling that before show season anyways so stay tuned! Got a nice couple of mods coming up this year

I remember asking myself the same question re: bumpers - I just played it safe and bought a Pre Lci bumper. Paid more than I should have because it was colour coded in the 1st place but didn't stay that way for long and off it went to dips for a spray!

You coming on Sunday?
      03-06-2014, 04:17 PM   #113
old grey steve
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Steve, so kind of you - thanks buddy!

Yes I'll make an appearance but I'll be on my 230s plus car's not in the best of conditions (for my liking anyways).... little small bits here and there need doing but I plan on tackling that before show season anyways so stay tuned! Got a nice couple of mods coming up this year

I remember asking myself the same question re: bumpers - I just played it safe and bought a Pre Lci bumper. Paid more than I should have because it was colour coded in the 1st place but didn't stay that way for long and off it went to dips for a spray!

You coming on Sunday?
ill be there probably from around middayish, won't be in my car I'll be in the works 320 F series estate.

Re the car though look forward to casting an eye over the work as you have tastes similar to mine here's my old 330d Sport and I'll be doing something like it again with this one...

Like you went for the smoothed look with club sport splitters as I hated the usual overlapping look you see which on my car lasted less than 48 hours

and to cap really get things to be a bit different added a CSL spoiler

but this was created using my old OEM bootlid and one of these

Sorry to hijack but as you can see we have very similar views. Look forward to seeing you Sunday.

Steve

Last edited by old grey steve; 03-06-2014 at 05:04 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2014, 10:49 AM   #114
AWBimmer
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Steve, again sorry to have missed you - I love the work done on your E46 mate, be great to meet next time.

More updates, it just doesn't seem to stop lol!

Audio: Full new Audio Boot Build coming up soon so stay tuned! Sold a few audio things to make way for new items so watch this space. Personally I can't wait!

Wheels: Doing something different so stay chooooned

Exterior: Inspired by Sumil, I'll be going down the M3 bonnet. Tried hard not to copy but it's such a sexy mod that I just can't stay away from. I'm thinking of it this way, it'll be yet another individual mod since I don't think (m)any will have a molded aero lip with the bonnet. Sumil's molded corner splitters and m3 bonnet certainly make way for an individual car.

Rollin' hard this year!

May also be looking at another fairly unique mod for the front end... but since it's so rare, I'm not being able to decide on that just yet...

Back into full swing, I swear after last year I said no more.............................................. .........................
      03-13-2014, 11:13 AM   #115
Josh1a1h
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AzuriteBlack 335i E92

WOOP WOOP IN FOR UPDATES

I really hope the boot build goes to plan! Seems like all you had is problems with the last one.
Wheels will be cool to and you have possibly inspired me to give something ago... whether or not it happens is another thing.

Def do the M3 bonnet!!! But maybe keep the BMW Badge on this time? That would pull it apart from Sumil a little :/

And you know my thoughts on the front end mod!!! Just do it! At the end of the day, if you don't like it.... AND I KNOW YOU WILL... you can always sell it on!
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2014, 05:19 PM   #116
old grey steve
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Steve, again sorry to have missed you - I love the work done on your E46 mate, be great to meet next time.

More updates, it just doesn't seem to stop lol!

Audio: Full new Audio Boot Build coming up soon so stay tuned! Sold a few audio things to make way for new items so watch this space. Personally I can't wait!

Wheels: Doing something different so stay chooooned

Exterior: Inspired by Sumil, I'll be going down the M3 bonnet. Tried hard not to copy but it's such a sexy mod that I just can't stay away from. I'm thinking of it this way, it'll be yet another individual mod since I don't think (m)any will have a molded aero lip with the bonnet. Sumil's molded corner splitters and m3 bonnet certainly make way for an individual car.

Rollin' hard this year!

May also be looking at another fairly unique mod for the front end... but since it's so rare, I'm not being able to decide on that just yet...

Back into full swing, I swear after last year I said no more.............................................. .........................
no worries I seem to miss everyone when I have the intention of meeting them.... I don't smell chaps honestly

Re your set of mods well what can I say it's gonna look superb, the other super clean looking 3 I'd lone to cast an eye on is Sumil's car that's a real stunner. Josh's cars given me an idea or two but like my old E46 it won't be rushed.

Already got a Sport rear bumper a real decent deal on a genuine BMW performance defuser so I'm gonna aim for some M3 inspired side skirts and see where things take me re the front bumper, oh and wheels gut an idea or two in my head.

But let's hope summers good and there's plenty of gatherings eh......
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2014, 06:21 PM   #117
gaza01
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Ha! Modding is in yr blood bro! Don't fight it. Just let it flow! So looking forward to yr plans! Wheels, bonnet, audio and front end addition...do them all bro!!! Get it done naaaooooooo!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2014, 04:29 AM   #118
AWBimmer
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by old grey steve View Post
no worries I seem to miss everyone when I have the intention of meeting them.... I don't smell chaps honestly

Re your set of mods well what can I say it's gonna look superb, the other super clean looking 3 I'd lone to cast an eye on is Sumil's car that's a real stunner. Josh's cars given me an idea or two but like my old E46 it won't be rushed.

Already got a Sport rear bumper a real decent deal on a genuine BMW performance defuser so I'm gonna aim for some M3 inspired side skirts and see where things take me re the front bumper, oh and wheels gut an idea or two in my head.

But let's hope summers good and there's plenty of gatherings eh......
Thanks matey! Be good to meet up for sure You've got a good few things in the pipeline... weather's good so get them on naoooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaza01 View Post
Ha! Modding is in yr blood bro! Don't fight it. Just let it flow! So looking forward to yr plans! Wheels, bonnet, audio and front end addition...do them all bro!!! Get it done naaaooooooo!!!!!
Shaunnney boy! I'm excited about the mods happening. You know the plans so now I'm racing against time as I want to make the most of this year with the mods on!
      03-21-2014, 08:16 AM   #119
murkee
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: MW E92 335d LCI M

Lovely progress mate
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2014, 04:50 PM   #120
AWBimmer
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by murkee View Post
Lovely progress mate

Lots of things coming up
      03-22-2014, 05:05 PM   #121
old grey steve
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:

Lots of things coming up
oh no
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2014, 05:17 PM   #122
stashtrey
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 08 E90 335xi TiAg

Garage List
Beautiful!
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2014, 05:21 PM   #123
AWBimmer
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

- Wheels are now with Dips

- Audio design finalised (thanks to Mob17 for his very useful and helpful input. He's been instrumental in helping to configure my front stage massively with his ideas and input -thankyou). Will soon be going in to my installer for the work to start.

- Purchasing (in a months time) a DA, some pads and a couple of products soon to make her all shiny n new loll!
      03-30-2014, 05:24 PM   #124
AnthonyR
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G82

can't wait to see when it is has completed the next stage..as i know there will be a few more stages before you decide to sell lol
      03-30-2014, 06:36 PM   #125
old grey steve
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
- Wheels are now with Dips

- Audio design finalised (thanks to Mob17 for his very useful and helpful input. He's been instrumental in helping to configure my front stage massively with his ideas and input -thankyou). Will soon be going in to my installer for the work to start.

- Purchasing (in a months time) a DA, some pads and a couple of products soon to make her all shiny n new loll!
Ummmmm sounds very interesting.

Audio something that on mine I'd love to improve a bit, but on this one I'm semi clueless if you follow me, the only thing I'm sure of is that I need a speaker change (heard or shall I say Focal & Quart are the way to go) but I cannot for the money rule out the decent value that the Alpine upgrade kit that BMW offers yes it's not prime audiophile stuff but it does seem to improve the standard setup a lot, I've bought as you may of seen a Dension 500 outfit that'll be going in soonish but here's where I hit the wall.

On the wheel front I can assume a different finish for the summer season
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2014, 09:43 PM   #126
mob17
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335D

Thanks Sam! Its exciting to wait for your plans!
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2014, 11:46 AM   #127
AWBimmer
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
oh no

Quote:
Originally Posted by stashtrey View Post
Beautiful!
thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyR View Post
can't wait to see when it is has completed the next stage..as i know there will be a few more stages before you decide to sell lol
I was foolish to think of selling. It's staying for the foreseeable future Ant and I'm going in hard this year once again. This year I will have the full finished article Hows the Audi treating you?

Quote:
Ummmmm sounds very interesting.

Audio something that on mine I'd love to improve a bit, but on this one I'm semi clueless if you follow me, the only thing I'm sure of is that I need a speaker change (heard or shall I say Focal & Quart are the way to go) but I cannot for the money rule out the decent value that the Alpine upgrade kit that BMW offers yes it's not prime audiophile stuff but it does seem to improve the standard setup a lot, I've bought as you may of seen a Dension 500 outfit that'll be going in soonish but here's where I hit the wall.

On the wheel front I can assume a different finish for the summer season
Yeah dude, plentyyyyyyy of Audio related threads on here I've had Focals previously and they were good. In comparison now to my Morels, Focals were bright and harsh but that wouldn't stop me getting them again, because you can use your processor to tap into them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mob17 View Post
Thanks Sam! Its exciting to wait for your plans!
Thank you mo, you spent some serious and dedicated time in helping me reach this stage mate. With the ideas you've give, I'm onto a great sounding system mate! Booked in with my installer next weekend which will require about 2 weeks. Stripping everything down and starting again. Going to dynamat under the seats too!
      03-31-2014, 01:25 PM   #128
old grey steve
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:

because you can use your processor to tap into them.

ProcessorI'm lost sorry Sam I'm assuming your talking about the CCC or something

As you'd of gathered appreciate sound but that's where it get lost
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2014, 01:01 AM   #129
Bassem_M5
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M5 Comp

where'd you get that engine cover? thats not oem is it?
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2014, 03:43 AM   #130
AWBimmer
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassem92 View Post
where'd you get that engine cover? thats not oem is it?
OEM bro with custom paint work.
      04-24-2014, 09:56 AM   #131
AWBimmer
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

What with Josh doing these big ass suspension mods, which I can’t wait to see the static+ kit, this has been the longest period of car modding inactivity for me personally. I have been quiet in the background since October 2013. After I took couple months out to travel the States and start my new job in the City, it’s been very busy and I’ve not given much time or modding to the D.

Some of you may know I was almost close to selling the car since I no longer use it and it’s just parked up, due to public transport but I didn’t have it in me Plus I am aiming for something which I really want to see through…

So things are booked and underway… and I’mmmmm bacckkkkkkkkk

Audio: Car is booked in this weekend for a full strip down of the system and brand new rewiring of speaker wiring from front to back. Also, lots of sound deadening to be applied anywhere and everywhere! I am most likely to be selling the MS8 and replace it with the Audison bit one which I’ve had lying around since September 2013! Crazy I know! I realise I’m not fussed with having a centre stage speaker even though I should have maximised the MS8’s potential while it is installed. So this should be ready in 2-3 weeks.

Maintenance: Car will receive new front control arms and ARB bushes to combat the creaking and knocking I often hear. I’ll also have an interim oil service and replace the brake fluids too! I will also have the Red boost pipe checked since I can see some black oil on top. Hopefully it’s just the seals and not the pipe itself, YIKES! I haven’t felt ANY loss of turbo however so I’m still counting myself lucky! Brake Discs and Pads are only 8k in so still plenty of life!

Performance: Contemplating between the JBD+ or a straight remap + dyno with BW Chiptune or Emaps. I know pros and cons of each but this will probably be one of the last to happen. I may also change my air intake to the cone but it require some custom work so not sure it’s worth the hassle!

Wheels: Lips polished, new bolts sourced and wheel centres… let’s just say it’s fresh Thanks to Dips

Lights: I’m doing something different to the front lights so watch this space.

External: Bonnet, it’s gonna’ look soooo phat I can’t wait!!

The plan is Car is to be ready by early June and I’m going to as many shows as I can including international. Bring it on!
      04-24-2014, 10:02 AM   #132
achu
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E93 335i

damn bro, a lot planned... this is gonna be so so damn raw... i have a feeling i know what's gonna happen with the lights haha... havent seen you and your car in a while bro! need to have a meet soon!

Facebook: Achu Ckr|Twitter: AchuCkr|Instagram: AchuCKR|Flickr: AchuCKR|G+: achu.ckr
THE BUILD THREAD|COMPILATION OF PHOTOS
Appreciate 0