E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Alpine retrokit

01-26-2020, 07:13 PM   #23
gIzzE
Major General
Rep
Drives: F11 + 911 C4

Try and be a bit more specific with your replies, it helps a great deal.

When you say you have pulled one wire? Do you mean you have taken out the connector that is the power side? the 12v etc.

That is what you need to remove. If the speakers are still working you have crimped it all wrong.

Don't use your radio now until you get it right.

well I guess you could remove both connectors from the amp, in theory you are just back to where you were before, albeit with a load of extra cable coming off it into your boot.

But definitely unplug the amp completely before turning the car on any more in case you fry your amp, head unit, speakers or all three.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2020, 02:57 AM   #24
RajB
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

I've fitted a few kits over the years and the LCI one is easier as it has the plugs on them instead of having to cut/crimp wires.

You've tapped into the existing speaker wires that run from the headunit to the underseat subs leaving the connections still there. You need to cut the wires and using the labelling on the Alpine harness connect the wire you've cut that comes from the headunit to the harness wiring that feeds the amp and then the harness wires that come from the amp to the wires going to the underseat subs.

I'm only in Wolverhampton so not a million miles away, so if you do want to you can come up to ours and we can sort it.
      01-27-2020, 12:21 PM   #25
mikeywarduk
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Bmw 320d

Thanks for all the replys I have sorted it got the wires connected does anybody do coding local to the Midlands as think it needs coding as you set the bass and turn it up and its to much for the tweeters they crackle
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2020, 01:44 PM   #26
RajB
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeywarduk View Post
Thanks for all the replys I have sorted it got the wires connected does anybody do coding local to the Midlands as think it needs coding as you set the bass and turn it up and its to much for the tweeters they crackle
They shouldn’t crackle at all. They use a crossover to only allow high pass to the tweeter. Check which plug you’ve got them in in the doors as there’s two to choose from.
      03-20-2020, 03:45 AM   #27
x390x
Rep
Drives: 318i e90

Quote:
I've fitted the alpine kit today, I've followed the alpine guide but for some reason it's plays fine then it starts crackling noise from the speakers it I take the i line fuse out near the battery the the noise goes and it works fine any one had same problem will it be OK to leave the fuse out
Quote:
I've fitted the alpine kit today, I've followed the alpine guide but for some reason it's plays fine then it starts crackling noise from the speakers it I take the i line fuse out near the battery the the noise goes and it works fine any one had same problem will it be OK to leave the fuse out
Sorry to hi jack but where did you find the alpine kit ?? As I can't seem to buy it anywhere thanks
Appreciate 0