E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Just Switched from Cingular v551 to v557

01-12-2006, 11:06 AM   #1
cobradac
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '05 645Ci Coupe

Garage List
2005 645Ci  [0.00]
Just Switched from Cingular v551 to v557

I had noticed on Cingular web site that the specs for standby time on the Motorola v557 were much better than the v551. The life I was getting in standby was very poor, even with new battery. Rarely more than 24 to 36 hours at best. V557 claims of up to 16 days Now I realize that was optimum and that with Bluetooth enabled it would be considerably less, but 1/2, 1/4 ? did not know. So I changed out over the weekend. A few little features like an indicator in display when linked to Bluetooth device u can c in the window when clamshell is closed (as well as open too). Made my initial charge Saturday afternoon and stayed at full charge to ~ 108 hours. Dropped to two bars today, but still going. Yee haw. I could almost go without cradle now. Still in test mode, but all else is the same as v551, that is to say, very good performance and compatibility with 6er Bluetooth. Paired right up with no problems and transferred phone book as it should. The two phones are identical in appearance and form, fit, and function is identical. Other new feature is a little scrolling window with internet news when clam shell is open. This part is free but can subscribe to additional fee based systems if desired. I won't, and may even kill the feature if I find it interferes with normal use. I only have a phone paired with car for about 75-90 minutes a day and I am comparing my normal daily use. Tyoical for me is only about 20-30 minutes of talk time every four days and that is 95% in car on charger. I am streessing this phone a little more as I am making / taking all calls while not on a charger (cradle or otherwise). All power saving features are set the same. That is to say, for a E63 there is no need to set battery charge time in E63 as cradle power is shut off when car enters sleep mode. Nor do I set phone off after ignition off which is available.
Appreciate 0