E90Post
 


The Tire Rack
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > Car is now a paperweight - DCT HELP!!!!!



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-01-2018, 12:59 AM   #177
Aus335iguy
Lieutenant Colonel
Aus335iguy's Avatar
421
Rep
1,649
Posts

Drives: 2009 e92 335i MSport DCT
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Sydney Aus

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2009 BMW 335i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron_ View Post
Got my car back. It works again! But I donít feel good driving it anymore (Iíve had it for 15mins). I think Iíll Keep it a year till I move house. Put kms on this. When I move close to work get a new car and keep them kms down ;-)


Also I got the broken mechatronics unit for whoever wanted it. I think it was you sash. If so, call or message me to arrange pickup.
Sweet! I'll give you a buzz later
__________________
When you doppelkaplung you doppel your fun.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2018, 01:14 AM   #178
EB89
Brigadier General
EB89's Avatar
Australia
415
Rep
3,071
Posts

Drives: 2011 335i e92 DCT
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Australia, NSW

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron_ View Post
Got my car back. It works again! But I donít feel good driving it anymore (Iíve had it for 15mins). I think Iíll Keep it a year till I move house. Put kms on this. When I move close to work get a new car and keep them kms down ;-)


Also I got the broken mechatronics unit for whoever wanted it. I think it was you sash. If so, call or message me to arrange pickup.
Finally, 1st of Feb and its back.

Im sure you have a filthy taste in your month at the moment in regards to the car, but I bet you get back into it soon.

Glad its sorted, sorry it was so expensive
__________________
/ Build Thread / MHD Stage 2+ / AR CATLESS DP / PE MOD 4 INCH TIPS / BMR FMIC / K&N DROP IN / BMS CP /
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2018, 06:36 AM   #179
juld0zer
Captain
294
Rep
972
Posts

Drives: E82 135i 7DCT
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: 2153

iTrader: (0)

Happy endings are always good. I bet the staff there are breathing a big sigh of relief too but wow.. what a weird issue.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2018, 07:41 AM   #180
e36mmm
Major
159
Rep
1,104
Posts

Drives: 335i M Sport
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

Yeeeahhh boyyyeee!!! Congrats mate. I agree with EB.. i reckon it will grow on you again. All the best with it..
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2018, 06:27 PM   #181
aaron_
Captain
69
Rep
691
Posts

Drives: E93 335i LCI
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Sydney

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EB89 View Post
Finally, 1st of Feb and its back.

Im sure you have a filthy taste in your month at the moment in regards to the car, but I bet you get back into it soon.

Glad its sorted, sorry it was so expensive
Took ages!! Hope youíre right.

Also filthy because thereís a big dent in it with paint chipped off as well. So now I need to see if they accept liability, then repair to good standard, then my Detailer needs to re clay, cut, polish, and ceramic protect so itís a big job for nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by juld0zer View Post
Happy endings are always good. I bet the staff there are breathing a big sigh of relief too but wow.. what a weird issue.
Iím not sure if my custom mhd tune had anything to do with it. But Iím leaving it stock now. Less power = less stress on components = less chance something breaks down this year

Quote:
Originally Posted by e36mmm View Post
Yeeeahhh boyyyeee!!! Congrats mate. I agree with EB.. i reckon it will grow on you again. All the best with it..
Hope so, cheers







Side note - after driving it again from being in the 125i for so long, the steering is RIDICULOUSLY heavy. Feels like my power steering is screwed. Iím sure itís just from having electric steering for so long but wow what a difference. Will take a bit of getting used to again
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2018, 04:19 AM   #182
Socket
Major General
Socket's Avatar
Australia
2365
Rep
9,705
Posts

Drives: 335i
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Melbourne

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron_ View Post
Took ages!! Hope youíre right.

Also filthy because thereís a big dent in it with paint chipped off as well. So now I need to see if they accept liability, then repair to good standard, then my Detailer needs to re clay, cut, polish, and ceramic protect so itís a big job for nothing



Iím not sure if my custom mhd tune had anything to do with it. But Iím leaving it stock now. Less power = less stress on components = less chance something breaks down this year



Hope so, cheers







Side note - after driving it again from being in the 125i for so long, the steering is RIDICULOUSLY heavy. Feels like my power steering is screwed. Iím sure itís just from having electric steering for so long but wow what a difference. Will take a bit of getting used to again
Would know if power steering not working wouldíve like driving a tractor
Steering is pretty light not jap car light but pretty light
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2018, 07:14 AM   #183
juld0zer
Captain
294
Rep
972
Posts

Drives: E82 135i 7DCT
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: 2153

iTrader: (0)

Common complaint after we loan out new models to owners of hydraulic power steering models.

Some of the low end F20 models have a bit more heft in their EPS
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2018, 05:25 PM   #184
Aus335iguy
Lieutenant Colonel
Aus335iguy's Avatar
421
Rep
1,649
Posts

Drives: 2009 e92 335i MSport DCT
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Sydney Aus

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2009 BMW 335i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by juld0zer View Post
Common complaint after we loan out new models to owners of hydraulic power steering models.

Some of the low end F20 models have a bit more heft in their EPS
Yep, drove a hire car for a month and the first time i got in my car it felt like it had two flat tyres. I'd does add to the experience.
__________________
When you doppelkaplung you doppel your fun.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2018, 02:48 AM   #185
aaron_
Captain
69
Rep
691
Posts

Drives: E93 335i LCI
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Sydney

iTrader: (0)

Liability for the dent accepted. Will be panel beated by a fantastic and reputable workshop.

Good result in the end.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2018, 04:32 AM   #186
Aus335iguy
Lieutenant Colonel
Aus335iguy's Avatar
421
Rep
1,649
Posts

Drives: 2009 e92 335i MSport DCT
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Sydney Aus

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2009 BMW 335i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron_ View Post
Liability for the dent accepted. Will be panel beated by a fantastic and reputable workshop.

Good result in the end.
Great news mate. Glad it's going to be fixed properly. Has the car grown on you since we spoke or is a new car still on the cards ?

Thanks again for the module. That thing is complex AF!
__________________
When you doppelkaplung you doppel your fun.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2018, 06:06 AM   #187
aaron_
Captain
69
Rep
691
Posts

Drives: E93 335i LCI
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Sydney

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aus335iguy View Post
Great news mate. Glad it's going to be fixed properly. Has the car grown on you since we spoke or is a new car still on the cards ?

Thanks again for the module. That thing is complex AF!
Yeah liking it more and more. Washing it on Sunday helped. Looks immaculate again. Used to the hydraulic power steering also.

New car in a year or so. Will have 125000kms, hopefully get rid of it before any other big stuff go on me.

Cars staying on oem tune and intake - less power, less likely to brake something :-)

Youíre welcome mate. Hope it helps
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2018, 06:17 AM   #188
EB89
Brigadier General
EB89's Avatar
Australia
415
Rep
3,071
Posts

Drives: 2011 335i e92 DCT
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Australia, NSW

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron_ View Post
Yeah liking it more and more. Washing it on Sunday helped. Looks immaculate again. Used to the hydraulic power steering also.

New car in a year or so. Will have 125000kms, hopefully get rid of it before any other big stuff go on me.

Cars staying on oem tune and intake - less power, less likely to brake something :-)

Youíre welcome mate. Hope it helps
Mines at 125kms now, waterpump went, probably my fault though lol
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2018, 10:03 AM   #189
BSG335
Driving in the slow lane
Australia
15
Rep
153
Posts

Drives: E92 N54
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Sydney

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EB89 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron_ View Post
Yeah liking it more and more. Washing it on Sunday helped. Looks immaculate again. Used to the hydraulic power steering also.

New car in a year or so. Will have 125000kms, hopefully get rid of it before any other big stuff go on me.

Cars staying on oem tune and intake - less power, less likely to brake something :-)

Youíre welcome mate. Hope it helps
Mines at 125kms now, waterpump went, probably my fault though lol
I'm a bit more than that. 2nd water pump went on Aus day weekend. Thankfully I wasn't stranded though. Limped it to the mechanic. Continental now replaced with VDO.


Aaron, very happy to hear your back on the road. Painful experience but that does happen sometimes. Wishing you 1000s of miles of trouble free motoring!
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2018, 05:51 PM   #190
aaron_
Captain
69
Rep
691
Posts

Drives: E93 335i LCI
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Sydney

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EB89 View Post
Mines at 125kms now, waterpump went, probably my fault though lol
Mine went at 60000kms. Hope I donít need another one when Iím at 120000 !!

But why your fault? Did you do the mhd cooling thing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSG335 View Post
I'm a bit more than that. 2nd water pump went on Aus day weekend. Thankfully I wasn't stranded though. Limped it to the mechanic. Continental now replaced with VDO.


Aaron, very happy to hear your back on the road. Painful experience but that does happen sometimes. Wishing you 1000s of miles of trouble free motoring!
How many kms/ water pump did you get?
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2018, 06:36 PM   #191
EB89
Brigadier General
EB89's Avatar
Australia
415
Rep
3,071
Posts

Drives: 2011 335i e92 DCT
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Australia, NSW

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron_ View Post
Mine went at 60000kms. Hope I donít need another one when Iím at 120000 !!

But why your fault? Did you do the mhd cooling thing?



How many kms/ water pump did you get?
No I had a coolant leak and was lazy, so instead of getting it fixed I put stop leak in the expansion tank, it stopped the leak.... then blocked a hose, then killed the pump and clogged the radiator.

Local BMW spent ages flushing it out, showed me pictures of the lumps of stop leak.

I donít know how that stuff is legal to sell...
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2018, 07:47 PM   #192
BSG335
Driving in the slow lane
Australia
15
Rep
153
Posts

Drives: E92 N54
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Sydney

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
How many kms/ water pump did you get?
OE replaced at 90k with Continental.

That was replaced last week with VDO at 145k.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2018, 09:30 PM   #193
Aus335iguy
Lieutenant Colonel
Aus335iguy's Avatar
421
Rep
1,649
Posts

Drives: 2009 e92 335i MSport DCT
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Sydney Aus

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2009 BMW 335i  [5.00]
I bought a new pump from FCP euro the other day and got a continental in a VDO box... weird. I did 100k Kms and had no signs of issues but replacedit and lots of other gear proactively
__________________
When you doppelkaplung you doppel your fun.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2018, 11:29 PM   #194
BimaExtremeRetro
Private First Class
68
Rep
177
Posts

Drives: e91
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: sydney

iTrader: (0)

Vdo and continental = same company
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2018, 07:31 AM   #195
aaron_
Captain
69
Rep
691
Posts

Drives: E93 335i LCI
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Sydney

iTrader: (0)

Posting this here as it didnít warrant a new thread

Got in the car this arvo, and after driving 50m got a half cel. Continued driving to my destination (3km away) and read codes. Error 2DCE - valvetronic system no adjustment possible came up. Cleared it went inside for 4hrs. Got in car and drove 35km home no problem. How worried should I be?

Car is 100% Bmw software. Only mods are afe sealed cai, vrsf 7Ē FMIC, gfb dv+ diverted valve, Remus axle back exhaust (rest of exhaust is oem).
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2018, 09:01 AM   #196
EB89
Brigadier General
EB89's Avatar
Australia
415
Rep
3,071
Posts

Drives: 2011 335i e92 DCT
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Australia, NSW

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron_ View Post
Posting this here as it didnít warrant a new thread

Got in the car this arvo, and after driving 50m got a half cel. Continued driving to my destination (3km away) and read codes. Error 2DCE - valvetronic system no adjustment possible came up. Cleared it went inside for 4hrs. Got in car and drove 35km home no problem. How worried should I be?

Car is 100% Bmw software. Only mods are afe sealed cai, vrsf 7Ē FMIC, gfb dv+ diverted valve, Remus axle back exhaust (rest of exhaust is oem).
I had that a while back for like two days then it went away and never came back.

Exhaust and shifts sounded different, drawn out.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2018, 05:30 PM   #197
DR-JEKL
Major General
Australia
583
Rep
5,745
Posts

Drives: Space Grey E92 335i 6MT
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Newcastle Ozstraylia

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron_ View Post
Posting this here as it didnít warrant a new thread

Got in the car this arvo, and after driving 50m got a half cel. Continued driving to my destination (3km away) and read codes. Error 2DCE - valvetronic system no adjustment possible came up. Cleared it went inside for 4hrs. Got in car and drove 35km home no problem. How worried should I be?

Car is 100% Bmw software. Only mods are afe sealed cai, vrsf 7Ē FMIC, gfb dv+ diverted valve, Remus axle back exhaust (rest of exhaust is oem).
Thats an expensive repair if its the valvetronic...

Have you had the bolt recall done as part of the N55?
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2018, 05:39 AM   #198
aaron_
Captain
69
Rep
691
Posts

Drives: E93 335i LCI
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Sydney

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EB89 View Post
I had that a while back for like two days then it went away and never came back.

Exhaust and shifts sounded different, drawn out.
Cleared the codes at Lunchtime today. Havenít driven much but hasnít come back

Going to look at an M4 tomorrow. Sick of this car

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR-JEKL View Post
Thats an expensive repair if its the valvetronic...

Have you had the bolt recall done as part of the N55?
Donít think so, asked the dealer if there were any active recalls for my car and they said no........
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:25 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST