E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Supercharger stuff (MILVs+AA+BPC)

09-22-2020, 01:57 PM   #1013
NYCiROLL
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: MSport E91

Not sure if it was mentioned in this thread, I've been interested in going the SC route but I noticed that ESS's site has the following warning regarding headers:

Do NOT under any circumstance run headers on the N52 engine, this generates a massive O2 feedback timing issue and incorrect AFR control as a result. This can cause catastrophic failure when combined with boost! We will not support any issues whatsoever on a N52 equipped with aftermarket headers.

Thanks for showing the progress on your rides!

Last edited by NYCiROLL; 09-22-2020 at 01:58 PM.. Reason: context
Appreciate 1
      09-22-2020, 03:41 PM   #1014
Noir
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90 330i 6MT

NYCiROLL welp. Tbh I think it's just a tuning thing on their side. I was running just fine in Virginia Beach but I'm sure I cooked the rings in this hot ass Texas heat. Competent tuner + cooling parameters in place should be fine.
      09-22-2020, 03:42 PM   #1015
Noir
Major
United_States
Rep

Blank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattlesquash View Post
Shop getting close, today they installed a new custom wrap around tensioner, for increased friction w higher boost and they feel it will slip without it... shop is writing a blog later about build so it will be well documented it sounds like!

Still on the fence if we keep the clutch, and will see once the numbers come in on power/torque. Been very impressed dealing with shop so far!
That's wonderful!!! I can't wait! I wanna be zoomin' like you, fam. 🥺
      09-23-2020, 07:55 AM   #1016
Seattlesquash
Car Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 328i 2007 SC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
Quote:
Shop getting close, today they installed a new custom wrap around tensioner, for increased friction w higher boost and they feel it will slip without it... shop is writing a blog later about build so it will be well documented it sounds like!

Still on the fence if we keep the clutch, and will see once the numbers come in on power/torque. Been very impressed dealing with shop so far!
That's wonderful!!! I can't wait! I wanna be zoomin' like you, fam. 🥺
Water-Meth injection installed yestrday, and just waiting for my air-fuel gauge with will go up on steering wheel column pod with water-meth mixture... also looking for perfect to tank that fit in trunk under trunk floor liner. They are also looking to re-make the rubber pipe w/ cone to bumper to a better non pinch able solution... getting closer guys, should be done this week!
E92 328i|6MT|ESS SC VT-1 (G.2)|3 stage|22 RPD SC/Meth tune|AA Headers|Snow Performance Meth Injection|Rotiform KPS|R139|PS4S 275.245.19|M3 front|M3 side skirts|MTEC rear|Akrapovic C tips|Koni Sport (Yellow)|Eibach PS|Hotchkis SB|C high-kick spoiler|C mirror Covers|C trim|LCI tails|M3 Control arms|M3 MS|Black E trim|Black kidney's|Full LED Conv|BMW F30 370/345 BBK|ECS SS|ECS Strut Tower Brace|034 Engine-Trans-Rear Mounts
Appreciate 2
Noir883.00
      09-23-2020, 09:02 AM   #1017
Torgus
Slow.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Single Turbo N54 on Meth!

Garage List
2007 BMW E92  [10.00]
2007 BMW E90  [0.00]
2006 BMW E91  [0.00]
Quote:
looking for perfect to tank that fit in trunk under trunk floor liner.
Like this style: https://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=837888 ?

It's really small and has no baffles. Ideally you want a tank large enough you refill once a month. It also needs to be baffled internally or the pump can easily run dry. Assuming you are using some of the meth for fuel you will then go instantly lean and likely at WOT.

Appreciate 1
      09-23-2020, 09:29 AM   #1018
Seattlesquash
Car Enthusiast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgus View Post
Quote:

It's really small and has no baffles. Ideally you want a tank large enough you refill once a month. It also needs to be baffled internally or the pump can easily run dry. Assuming you are using some of the meth for fuel you will then go instantly lean and likely at WOT.

Looks Nice, my trunk space looks different but shop will figure it out. Also, no concern with shop how they tune this as they do it all the time and for way higher horsepower and more race applications than mine. Hoping to have some dyno runs tomorrow.
E92 328i|6MT|ESS SC VT-1 (G.2)|3 stage|22 RPD SC/Meth tune|AA Headers|Snow Performance Meth Injection|Rotiform KPS|R139|PS4S 275.245.19|M3 front|M3 side skirts|MTEC rear|Akrapovic C tips|Koni Sport (Yellow)|Eibach PS|Hotchkis SB|C high-kick spoiler|C mirror Covers|C trim|LCI tails|M3 Control arms|M3 MS|Black E trim|Black kidney's|Full LED Conv|BMW F30 370/345 BBK|ECS SS|ECS Strut Tower Brace|034 Engine-Trans-Rear Mounts
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2020, 09:32 AM   #1019
Seattlesquash
Car Enthusiast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

Good call on sloshing, done some analysis on that for fuel tanks etc and a very real thing. Good point, thanks buddy! I also opted for the level and boost gauge so I can keep an eye on the injection with air-fuel gauge added too to make sure my mixture is right. Do you think it's a good idea to never let it drop below 1/2 tank to be safe? I do have a hard time to find a good/larger tank for the large open area under trunk lid in E92, thoughts?
Appreciate 1
Torgus3781.50
      09-23-2020, 10:42 AM   #1020
Torgus
Slow.
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 BMW E92  [10.00]
2007 BMW E90  [0.00]
2006 BMW E91  [0.00]
Quote:
Good call on sloshing, done some analysis on that for fuel tanks etc and a very real thing. Good point, thanks buddy! I also opted for the level and boost gauge so I can keep an eye on the injection with air-fuel gauge added too to make sure my mixture is right. Do you think it's a good idea to never let it drop below 1/2 tank to be safe? I do have a hard time to find a good/larger tank for the large open area under trunk lid in E92, thoughts?
When you say level I assume tank level and it alerts you if it is getting low? Just a float switch I assume?

Gauges are ok I have a boost and aquamist meth gauge. In all honesty it is so hard to focus on gauges while going wide open throttle, trying to steer, and shift at the same time etc. I much prefer being able to log with my android tab and review it after.

I would just try and keep the meth tank above half way. That is what I do with mine and it is baffled. I am not worried but it takes all of 30 seconds to check the level and 1 minute to fill it up.

Straight line you should be ok I would think. AutoX or long sweeping turns I can see the meth/water solution and pump starvation being an issue. But if you know you are doing either just have a full tank.

Where the advan tank sits in the E92 under the carpet...it's a really small space. I don't think anyone makes a tank like that anymore. Even when they did it was really small. I vote find a used Howerton twin meth tank. He is out of business and they are hard to find but probably the best meth tank/kit for the E9x platform: https://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=874263 I have it. it fits on the left above the stock amp and I can still open the trunk floor up. I don't think you will find a good tank you can hide out of the way unless you make a fake wall. Like what you would do with a subwoofer, just never cut out the hole for the sub. I would want the trunk bottom to still be able to open up just for convenience.

This would work but I don't think it would fit: http://www.coolingmistuk.com/index.p...&product_id=53

Last edited by Torgus; 09-23-2020 at 10:54 AM..
Appreciate 1
      09-23-2020, 10:53 AM   #1021
Biginboca
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 328i 6MT

That storage compartment under the trunk floor is easily removable. Depending on your exhaust set up you have plenty of freedom to cut that whole section out and make almost any tank drop in that spot. These storage bins are modular and easily replaceable from junkyards if you want to go back to stock. Someone with a muffler delete or small round muffler could probably fit a 10 gallon fish tank there easily lol

I would just find a tank that mostly fits and start cutting away plastic storage bin to make whatever clearance I needed to make it work under the lift up cover.

Hell you could probably make the bin itself a tank if you wanted. Just unscrew it from the car, put it on your workbench, and fabricate a top cover for it lol

Last edited by Biginboca; 09-23-2020 at 11:03 AM..
Appreciate 2
Torgus3781.50
      09-23-2020, 11:51 AM   #1022
Seattlesquash
Car Enthusiast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
When you say level I assume tank level and it alerts you if it is getting low? Just a float switch I assume?

Gauges are ok I have a boost and aquamist meth gauge. In all honesty it is so hard to focus on gauges while going wide open throttle, trying to steer, and shift at the same time etc. I much prefer being able to log with my android tab and review it after.

I would just try and keep the meth tank above half way. That is what I do with mine and it is baffled. I am not worried but it takes all of 30 seconds to check the level and 1 minute to fill it up.

Straight line you should be ok I would think. AutoX or long sweeping turns I can see the meth/water solution and pump starvation being an issue. But if you know you are doing either just have a full tank.

Where the advan tank sits in the E92 under the carpet...it's a really small space. I don't think anyone makes a tank like that anymore. Even when they did it was really small. I vote find a used Howerton twin meth tank. He is out of business and they are hard to find but probably the best meth tank/kit for the E9x platform: https://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=874263 I have it. it fits on the left above the stock amp and I can still open the trunk floor up. I don't think you will find a good tank you can hide out of the way unless you make a fake wall. Like what you would do with a subwoofer, just never cut out the hole for the sub. I would want the trunk bottom to still be able to open up just for convenience.

This would work but I don't think it would fit: http://www.coolingmistuk.com/index.p...;product_id=53
Thanks for all great info. Btw, you run boost juice or just standard washer or mix yourself 50/50 fluid?
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2020, 12:03 PM   #1023
Noir
Major
United_States
Rep

Torgus that is a nasty tank! That's so cool looking.
      09-23-2020, 01:52 PM   #1024
Torgus
Slow.
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 BMW E92  [10.00]
2007 BMW E90  [0.00]
2006 BMW E91  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biginboca View Post
That storage compartment under the trunk floor is easily removable. Depending on your exhaust set up you have plenty of freedom to cut that whole section out and make almost any tank drop in that spot.
That is true, the plastic is rather useless and if you remove it there is the outside/underneath of the car. You could fit a decent tank but to do it 'right' might be expensive unless he can fab it himself.

Quote:
Thanks for all great info. Btw, you run boost juice or just standard washer or mix yourself 50/50 fluid?
I mixed my own for 50/50 when I was on stock turbos on my n54. I was not as anal as some people are about mixing it perfectly. I switched over to 100% meth on my top mount 6466 single turbo. In theory my single will be partially fueled by the meth and I don't need the water for cooling as much the meth does it fine on it's own. On the stock turbos because the air is so hot you really want the 50/50 mix. The octane and cooling from the meth alone is not enough from my understanding.

Boostjuice is cheap but so is mixing it yourself and then you get to have cool 5 gallon meth pails in your garage The boostjuice will also likely color your nylon lines red which I am not a huge fan of...I vote mix your own.

Quote:
Torgus that is a nasty tank! That's so cool looking.
It is BMS has some decent tanks as well: https://jb4store.com/products/methan...=8662833070192 but i don't think they are baffled.
Appreciate 1
      09-23-2020, 03:07 PM   #1025
Minutes2Midnight
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E92 328i

Quote:
That storage compartment under the trunk floor is easily removable. Depending on your exhaust set up you have plenty of freedom to cut that whole section out and make almost any tank drop in that spot. These storage bins are modular and easily replaceable from junkyards if you want to go back to stock. Someone with a muffler delete or small round muffler could probably fit a 10 gallon fish tank there easily lol

I would just find a tank that mostly fits and start cutting away plastic storage bin to make whatever clearance I needed to make it work under the lift up cover.

Hell you could probably make the bin itself a tank if you wanted. Just unscrew it from the car, put it on your workbench, and fabricate a top cover for it lol
I was planning on deleting my trunk compartment for the Hard motorsports panel and running a diffuser, but ran into the issue of the dtml pump being mounted to it on the passenger side. Ideally I'd delete it or remount it, but that definitely complicates removing the trunk floor from what I saw.
Appreciate 1
      09-23-2020, 04:59 PM   #1026
BlueM3Wagon
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2012 M3 e91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minutes2Midnight View Post
Quote:

I was planning on deleting my trunk compartment for the Hard motorsports panel and running a diffuser, but ran into the issue of the dtml pump being mounted to it on the passenger side. Ideally I'd delete it or remount it, but that definitely complicates removing the trunk floor from what I saw.
You can find the charcoal canister, mount, and lines from a salvage yard for N54 and mount it behind the rear driver side wheel wheel. Not too bad of a job I did this when I ran quad PE n54 exhaust and diffuser

Follow on Instagram: BlueM3wagon
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2020, 06:00 PM   #1027
Minutes2Midnight
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E92 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueM3Wagon View Post
You can find the charcoal canister, mount, and lines from a salvage yard for N54 and mount it behind the rear driver side wheel wheel. Not too bad of a job I did this when I ran quad PE n54 exhaust and diffuser
Wow, good info! That'll definitely help get around that roadblock. Thank you! Time to hit up my local pick n pull for a 335i.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2020, 06:13 PM   #1028
BlueM3Wagon
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2012 M3 e91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minutes2Midnight View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueM3Wagon View Post
Wow, good info! That'll definitely help get around that roadblock. Thank you! Time to hit up my local pick n pull for a 335i.
If you want to run a less restrictive exhaust grab an N54 exhaust while you're at it. There are hangers in the rebar so if you do might want to pick that up as well and you'd need the under splash shields. You already have an m sport bumper right? You could easily swap dual exhaust diffuser. With all of that just grab a cargo floor tray and you're pretty much complete! I have a thread around here of my quad exhaust set up when I was n52

Follow on Instagram: BlueM3wagon
Appreciate 1
Noir883.00
      09-28-2020, 07:04 PM   #1029
Noir
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Headers went in yestrday, and meth kit today w/ a smaller 2.5 gallon tank we hide in trunk/spare tire comp. now just waiting for custom pulley, 96mm I think and then tubing and rest of stuff will come in. Adding to gauges on steering wheel consol air-fuel and water-meth gauge/level. Should be done early/mid next week. Sample of some parts...
Which nozzle did you end up getting?
      09-29-2020, 12:43 AM   #1030
Seattlesquash
Car Enthusiast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Headers went in yestrday, and meth kit today w/ a smaller 2.5 gallon tank we hide in trunk/spare tire comp. now just waiting for custom pulley, 96mm I think and then tubing and rest of stuff will come in. Adding to gauges on steering wheel consol air-fuel and water-meth gauge/level. Should be done early/mid next week. Sample of some parts...
Which nozzle did you end up getting?
Not sure, but they close, all dyno tuning tomorrow I think!
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2020, 01:03 PM   #1031
Noir
Major
United_States
Rep

Swap this week.
Got with bob, getting things finalized tomorrow (hopefully) for some big boi injectors to run full e85.
Then he will give me recommendations on meth kit thangs. Exciting week. I miss driving a standard car.
      10-04-2020, 02:09 PM   #1032
Seattlesquash
Car Enthusiast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Swap this week.
Got with bob, getting things finalized tomorrow (hopefully) for some big boi injectors to run full e85.
Then he will give me recommendations on meth kit thangs. Exciting week. I miss driving a standard car.
Congrats man! Close for me too, all done just doing dyno tuning Monday and can't wait now! Still hate that ESS routing of cone to bumper and told him to custom make something unless he feel good about it... I hate that pinched rubber section in fender liner. However, shop been awesome so surely he will make it work.
Appreciate 1
Noir883.00
      10-04-2020, 02:12 PM   #1033
Kiddvegas
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: F87 OG

Quote:
Swap this week.
Heck yeahhhhh

Bob managed to squeeze 440whp out of this other dude’s turbo n52. Just posted the dyno yesterday.
Appreciate 1
Noir883.00
      10-04-2020, 07:42 PM   #1034
Seattlesquash
Car Enthusiast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddvegas View Post
Quote:
Swap this week.
Heck yeahhhhh

Bob managed to squeeze 440whp out of this other dude’s turbo n52. Just posted the dyno yesterday.
Sweet, could you attach a link to post?
Appreciate 0