E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > E92 2006 335d Climate Control Panel

09-30-2021, 03:12 PM   #1
Antowns
Registered
Rep
Drives: E92 335D

E92 2006 335d Climate Control Panel

Evening. Quick question, I have just added Apple carplay to my E92 and everything went well. I had to remove the climate control panel to get the radio out. It took a few days to complete the retrofit (toddler and work). I have now finished and reinstalled everything but the vents are not blowing out the front. They were perfect before I removed everything. I can hear the fan going but the flap isn't open. My question is:

Does the climate control panel lose its coding to the car if left disconnected for a few days? If so is it easy to recode?

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2021, 09:32 PM   #2
gbalthrop
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi E91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antowns View Post
... I have just added Apple carplay to my E92 and everything went well. I had to remove the climate control panel to get the radio out... reinstalled everything but the vents are not blowing out the front.
No, there is NOTHING to "code". Test ALL the Air Flap buttons on either side of the Climate Control (IHKA) Panel, and listen for "whir" of flap motor and "clunk" of flap within a few seconds of pressing each button. Likely you disconnected the Connector on forward side of the IHKA Module, and disabled ALL flap motor operation (LIN Bus control).

What Vents does air come from with Blower Motor on Highest speed? If no air from Windscreen Vents when Defrost pressed (ONLY increase of blower speed if you had low/mid speed selected BEFORE pressing Defrost Button), then the LIN Bus connector is DEFINITELY NOT reconnected properly.
George
Appreciate 0