E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > E91 - Problems reseting short circuit counter FRM

10-15-2021, 09:07 AM   #1
nordstromj
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 320D E91

E91 - Problems reseting short circuit counter FRM

Hello!

I have had my wires to my license plate lights damaged by opening and closing the trunk to may times.. I have now fixed the wires but still no lights from them.

I understand i have to reset the FRM short circuit counter and i have the program Tool32 to do so and i have read this guide, https://www.bimmerfest.com/threads/t...module.866044/ (and many more).

But when i try to chose the lamp to do the job on it says something like "Error lamp nr", i enter 0x15 for license plate light.

Im not sure what the problem can be, i tried update the Daten files, not 100% sure i done it correctly.. I have also installed the program on a virtual machine with Windows 7. What else can be the problem? It looks so easy watching videos and i really dont wanna let someone else do it when i have all the stuff i need for it.

Very happy for any response!
Appreciate 0