E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > DYNAVIN N6 Multimedia GPS System, New for 2015....OFFICIAL THREAD>>>>

06-15-2015, 05:22 PM   #793
jeffb335
Rep
Drives: BMW

I dont know the particulars or eligibility in Australia of the "free" one time update.... But everything looks in order on those screen shots. Email naviextras about it, its not something that I or dynavin or anyone else has control of outside of naviextras.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2015, 06:24 PM   #794
Lemieux_66
Registered
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: E90 323i Motorsport

Cheers mate, will log a support ticket and see what happens.

Went hunting for a petrol station the other day and most of the icons we no longer there!
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2015, 11:42 AM   #795
Isik Yilmaz
Turkey
Rep
Drives: E90 320d Lci

Hi,

My oil temp shows 206°C on my 2011 320d, is there anyway to fix it or should I wait for an update?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2015, 09:23 AM   #796
jeffb335
Rep

I see you are in Turkey....is your car a european spec car? I dont know but it seems like this only pops up on the euro spec cars? My assumption is the canbus data on those cars is slightly different? Any US based users getting that?
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2015, 09:56 PM   #797
e90bmw328i
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 330i

after following this thread the entire time, I just noticed that there is a "mic" at the front of the dynavin head unit. Can we use this instead of running the separate mic to the roof console? If so, how is the clarity of the of the built-in mic?
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2015, 10:44 AM   #798
jeffb335
Rep

No there is no longer a mic in the face of the unit. Although everyone seems to do it its not a very good idea, way to much noise in that location. At my request (and Im sure some others) they eliminated it, and a lot of headaches along with it.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2015, 07:19 PM   #799
Chefcg1
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i

jeffb335, i'm really interested in this unit for my car as my cd player is dead and the led display is going out. I have a couple quick questions though before i pull the trigger on it. I have the aluminum trim in my car and was wondering about the heat seat warmer relocation kit, does it come with the unit? I saw that silver was an option and how do I order that when I order the head unit? does the silver look okay with the aluminum trim?
Thank!!!!
2008 335i coupe AW 6AT, RB Turbos, PROcede 2.5 V5, Alpina Flash, Injen Intake, VK MW DP . Helix IC, Vishnu PnP Meth(M10 nozzel), M3 sides, OEM Aero Lip, VMR V710 Midnight Blue, LUX H8, HID Fogs, M3 front bits, D2 Coilovers, Whiteline Rear Bushing inserts, Custom M3 Steering Wheel, Cyba scoops, M2 Performance Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2015, 07:31 AM   #800
Chefcg1
Major
United_States
Rep

For those who have been living with this head unit I have a few questions for you before I take the plung and purchase one.

1) sound quality compared to the stock logic 7

2) does this utilize all the cars speakers and stock sub

3) how is the GPS, say compared to google maps

Thanks
2008 335i coupe AW 6AT, RB Turbos, PROcede 2.5 V5, Alpina Flash, Injen Intake, VK MW DP . Helix IC, Vishnu PnP Meth(M10 nozzel), M3 sides, OEM Aero Lip, VMR V710 Midnight Blue, LUX H8, HID Fogs, M3 front bits, D2 Coilovers, Whiteline Rear Bushing inserts, Custom M3 Steering Wheel, Cyba scoops, M2 Performance Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2015, 10:41 AM   #801
jeffb335
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chefcg1 View Post
jeffb335, i'm really interested in this unit for my car as my cd player is dead and the led display is going out. I have a couple quick questions though before i pull the trigger on it. I have the aluminum trim in my car and was wondering about the heat seat warmer relocation kit, does it come with the unit? I saw that silver was an option and how do I order that when I order the head unit? does the silver look okay with the aluminum trim?
Thank!!!!
Dynaivn used to have silver and black options but they simplified things and they all come with matte black now. The black ones look good as the rest of the plastic in the area is all black as welel BUT if you want to go with silver I still have a few of those left over from last year so just email me when you order and ask that I swap the relocator on your order.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2015, 03:50 PM   #802
Chefcg1
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb335 View Post
Dynaivn used to have silver and black options but they simplified things and they all come with matte black now. The black ones look good as the rest of the plastic in the area is all black as welel BUT if you want to go with silver I still have a few of those left over from last year so just email me when you order and ask that I swap the relocator on your order.
Just placed the order for one and put in the comments to swap for a silver ashtray.

I read this in an older post and wondering if this still held true.

"The fix that Jeff has for the sound fading In & Out turns the DSP Off in the N6 software & works very well. I was one of the 1st to apply this & it completely solves the glitch

Actually, the feature is designed to attenuate the higher frequencies when it senses a drop in reception quality - so that you don't hear that 'hiss' you normally get when station signal drops in & out. Nice thought on Dynavin's part, however, it seems the system is way too sensitive & attenuates the sound based on momentary signal degradation that you normally wouldn't even notice - so it sounds as if the sound is being muted or muddled on & off as you drive since the high freq's are being cut out.

Since Dynavin makes radios for many different makes of car - they left the DSP feature in the software - thinking that if it works well for some, it must work well for all. Apparently, it does not play well with the E9x multi channel antenna. Our antennas have multiple channels - when in Auto mode, the radio ranges thru different channels, or combination of different channels, to yield the best signal.

Of note, before you apply the update that fixes this glitch, you will need to go in to a hidden menu on your stock HU (Jeff can tell you how to do this) to ensure that the system is set to 'Auto' mode instead of just on one of the channels available.

For this reason, it is better if you contact Jeff for the details PRIOR to installing the N6, while your stock HU is still in place - otherwise you are gonna have to take the N6 back out, put the stock HU back in, check the setting, then swap back like I had to do...

As I understand it, everyone in the U.S. with the N6 for our cars has needed this fix - so you are better off just doing it as a matter of course before you install."

If this is the case can I please get info for what I need to do before I install this new head unit.
Thanks!!!!
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2015, 03:51 PM   #803
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
Rep
Drives: F32 435ix MSport

Garage List
Quote:
Thank!!!!
OK, I have the Brushed Aluminum Console Trim & the N6. At 1st, I ordered an extra Dynavin Button Relo Ashtray in Silver from Jeff in addition to the supplied Black version.

Here are pics of their relo ashtray:

Here is the Silver version installed with aluminum trim - you can see it matches perfectly

I can tell you that if you actually USE it as an ashtray - the lighter element can NOT be left installed & allow the lid to close like OEM. to close the ashtray lid you must remove the lighter element

If you don't need an ashtray I would highly suggest that you get a Metra Relo Kit from Amazon - it is much nicer than the ashtray. That is what I switched out to & I think Jeff runs the Metra also.

Plus the Metra kit comes with the longer connection cable as shown, which the Dynavin relo kit does not. This means with the Dynavin setup you have to run the cable between the HU faceplate & the dash for it to reach. With Metra Kit - the cable is way long enough to run thru console & behind dash as OEM

Here is the Metra installed in my car:

F32 435ix//MGM//M Sport-Prem-Tech-Driver Assist-Lighting-Cold Weather-Dyn Handling Pkgs//M4 Black Lthr Int w/M4 Alum Blade Trim//HK w/Bavsound Stg3//763M//M4 Euro LCI Tails//M4 Mirrors w/CF Covers//AWCarbon CF F/R Spoilers-Side Splitters-Diffuser 6WB/ID6 HU+HUD/IND M4 Alcantara Armrest//PURE S2 Turbo//AA FMIC+DP//ER CP+TIC//3.5bar TMAP/TS DV//AWE Tuning Exh w/Blk Tips//Turner MS CF Intake//BM3 Cary Jordan Tune//MPerf Diff//PrecRW Ignition Kit
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2015, 04:06 PM   #804
jeffb335
Rep

Quote:
I read this in an older post and wondering if this still held true.
No, as of firmware 1.1.1 its an option in the radio menu now.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2015, 05:26 PM   #805
Chefcg1
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1QuikWS6 View Post
OK, I have the Brushed Aluminum Console Trim & the N6. At 1st, I ordered an extra Dynavin Button Relo Ashtray in Silver from Jeff in addition to the supplied Black version.

Here are pics of their relo ashtray:

Here is the Silver version installed with aluminum trim - you can see it matches perfectly

I can tell you that if you actually USE it as an ashtray - the lighter element can NOT be left installed & allow the lid to close like OEM. to close the ashtray lid you must remove the lighter element

If you don't need an ashtray I would highly suggest that you get a Metra Relo Kit from Amazon - it is much nicer than the ashtray. That is what I switched out to & I think Jeff runs the Metra also.

Plus the Metra kit comes with the longer connection cable as shown, which the Dynavin relo kit does not. This means with the Dynavin setup you have to run the cable between the HU faceplate & the dash for it to reach. With Metra Kit - the cable is way long enough to run thru console & behind dash as OEM

Here is the Metra installed in my car:

Thanks for the pics, looks great!
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2015, 05:32 PM   #806
Chefcg1
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
No, as of firmware 1.1.1 its an option in the radio menu now.
Thanks, glad to hear that. Plus thanks for the incredibly fast shipping!
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2015, 10:30 AM   #807
Isik Yilmaz
Turkey
Rep
Drives: E90 320d Lci

Quote:
I see you are in Turkey....is your car a european spec car? I dont know but it seems like this only pops up on the euro spec cars? My assumption is the canbus data on those cars is slightly different? Any US based users getting that?
Yes I live in Turkey and mu car is euro spec 2011 320d, maybe there is a difference on the canbus, I just wanted to learn from you, because this is the best resource I can find on the net ))
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2015, 05:55 PM   #808
borowski
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Lighter socket removal

Trying to put the ashtray button kit in and I can't get the lighter socket out of the original ashtray. What's the trick? I'm afraid to force it too much and break the plastic
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2015, 06:26 PM   #809
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
Rep
Drives: F32 435ix MSport

Garage List
I ended up hammering it out using a small plastic tipped hammer

It's a major PITA, and then I ended up swapping it out for the Metra kit as in my above post anyway

Should have saved myself the trouble and grief and just went with the Metra from the start...
F32 435ix//MGM//M Sport-Prem-Tech-Driver Assist-Lighting-Cold Weather-Dyn Handling Pkgs//M4 Black Lthr Int w/M4 Alum Blade Trim//HK w/Bavsound Stg3//763M//M4 Euro LCI Tails//M4 Mirrors w/CF Covers//AWCarbon CF F/R Spoilers-Side Splitters-Diffuser 6WB/ID6 HU+HUD/IND M4 Alcantara Armrest//PURE S2 Turbo//AA FMIC+DP//ER CP+TIC//3.5bar TMAP/TS DV//AWE Tuning Exh w/Blk Tips//Turner MS CF Intake//BM3 Cary Jordan Tune//MPerf Diff//PrecRW Ignition Kit
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2015, 09:23 AM   #810
Googlyamnesiac
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 520D

Hopefully this is allowed here, but having to think about parting company with my Dynavin as I'm moving country and selling my beloved e90:
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?p=18168042

I can't recommend this unit enough, best aftermarket solution out there!!
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2015, 02:02 PM   #811
jeffb335
Rep

Glad you enjoyed it in the time you had it,
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2015, 07:24 AM   #812
e90bmw328i
Lieutenant
Rep

Guys, need all your help. I installed the N6 yesterday and reclaibrated my MS-8 setup with calibration volume of 25db as technic suggested. But i hear a loud hiss and the radio is barely noticeable. Any suggestions would greatly help. Thanks.

Edit: nevermind. It was a loose radio antenna cable. Works pretty well now.

I still need to find a way to disable the radio volume from reducing when nav is ON
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2015, 11:56 AM   #813
jeffb335
Rep

you can adjust all the nav related noises in the nav menu under 'volume and warnings'

I personally turn off everything except the nav voice.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2015, 09:09 AM   #814
e90bmw328i
Lieutenant
Rep

Finally, I think I got all sorted out with my N6. Here is my impression about the unit so far.

1. Kudos to Jeff. I have exchanged like 50 emails with him so far and the guy is extremely humble and helpful. I could never expect something like this form big boys.
2. Integration of the unit is very clean and OEM'ish. People barely think this was aftermarket.
3. Its very responsive and the interface is very clean. It took me a while to get used to using my nail to swipe on the screen as it is resistive but not a biggie.

Things I am not fond of:
1. The steering wheel controls are reversed which is wierd for me given my 2 cars have different behavior for UP and DOWN function. Hopefully Dynavin can add an option for it in the settings.
2. The Voltage in my Car shows up as 60.2V in the OBD info screen. This is certainly incorrect. Still need to email Jeff about it.
3. SoS error popped up on my car which is wierd and some others have not seen the same issue. I need to code this out now.
Appreciate 0