E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Somebody is vandalizing my car, (I think) or I'm crazy

08-16-2018, 01:45 PM   #67
Antetokounmpo
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 6MT FBO; '18 F150 Platinum

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emilime75 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antetokounmpo View Post
...I cleaned my wheels meticulously last weekend...
I call B.S.
Ok

2008 335xi 6MT | VRSF Catless DP | VRSF 7" FMIC | VRSF CP | TIAL BOV | DCI | MHD 2+
BC Racing BR | Stoptech 600 | Firehawk Indy 500 255 Square | Atric Altimax 225 Sq.
2018 F-150 Platinum 701A | FX4 | 3.5 EcoBeast
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2018, 05:12 PM   #68
catcher22
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi Coupe

Too funny. I couldn't find anywhere OP said he's revving just that he had a muffler delete and it's loud on cold starts, which many of us can attest to.

Further, we're just all assuming it's the noise that's causing someone to mess with his car and we may never know the motive. So why beat up on the OP?

Regardless if his car is loud or not, malicious intent and property damage is no excuse for retaliation.

I hope OP catches them on camera and does the right thing by calling the cops, hopefully while they're in the act.

A beatdown is always a good lesson, but an assault charge is never fun to defend lol
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13152.00
      08-17-2018, 08:41 AM   #69
Volasko
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 06 330i E90, 18 530xe G30

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tadaska View Post
I'm not saying anyone should go around damaging supercars. I'm just saying that it looks like the OP is probably victimising the entire lower floor of the block with his loud exhaust while pretending to be a victim himself. If it's true he deserves worse. He demands respect for his property while he has no respect for his neighbour's peace and mental well-being.
Jesus... I think you're making far too many assumptions about the OP being obnoxious SOB going around redlining his car in 1st gear at 5am when he goes to work. All he is saying is his car is a loud on cold starts (due to his exhaust setup) and it is the only thing he can hypothesize as being the cause of the backlash. Also making excessive noise shouldn't give someone permission to vandalize a car, if that was true every Harley Davidson driver would deserve to have their bikes tipped over. That or every teenager who has a late night party would deserve to have their house egged.

Last edited by Volasko; 08-17-2018 at 09:43 AM..
Appreciate 3
King Rudi13152.00
mantis276.00
      08-17-2018, 08:56 AM   #70
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

OP, any updates?
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2018, 10:17 AM   #71
BryGuy11
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 BMW 335i coupe 6sp

You should've called that bitch back, she was waiting by the phone for a week! ������
Appreciate 2
      08-17-2018, 10:40 AM   #72
atmosphericM
Basic Bimmer
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 328i 6MT ///M

Garage List
lol about the loud exhaust comments.

1) A muffler delete is loud, but it isn't THAT loud unless you are literally flooring it through the garage. It isn't a jack hammer. Unless your apt building is built like sh*t, or is 75+ years old, I'm sure the quality of construction is ample to keep your exhaust note to a subtle humm, if it is even perceptible at all, through all of that concrete and insulation. Furthermore, if an individual wants/needs absolute peace and quiet, they should move to the country. Period. Living in a city with high-rise buildings and all the "bustle" means that you're immediately giving up your rights to constant peace and quiet, if you ask me, unless you work hard enough to ball out and buy/rent that penthouse away from the riff-raff. The excitement and bustle is what attracts people to the cities. If you don't like it, gtfo. Most of the surface of mother Earth is quiet peaceful and away from "noise."

All that said, if it's that easy to code out your cold-start, and you do live somewhere where it's an issue, this might be the time to do so. It's been a while since I've heard a 335i with a muffler delete, so maybe it's louder than I remember. But if someone complained about my PE with cat delete, I'd laugh and tell them to get over it. I promise you exotics are just as loud, and only the most crotchety person ever would complain about the sound from such a beautiful machine.

2) The majority of the US workforce, especially depending on where you live, works from 8-5. Maybe this is just me, but the typical and understood times to be quiet so as to please most of your neighbors is in between 10 PM and 7 AM. If someone is mad because someone is using their skill saw, in their own backyard, during the DAYLIGHT (8 pm in the summer), then that's on you. You're the one with the odd schedule. Sure your neighbor could be considerate and keep things quiet for you during more normal hours IF you establish a friendship/repertoire with them, but you should never *expect* people to care about their noise levels (unless they are absolutely extreme.. which a muffler delete is not) during the hours of 7 AM to 10 PM. If you have special needs regarding this, I believe it is on you to reach out to your neighbors and request such.

Now this doesn't mean that I think everyone in an apartment complex has the right to blare their music all day long, annoying their connecting neighbors. But starting your car to go somewhere is unavoidable, and the noise will last for a minute or less. If someone has their panties in such a wad from that, they're probably just a miserable person, generally speaking, anyway.

3) It's already been covered but it's sad that 99% of people would rather cause damage and destruction that have to look someone in the face and talk about how they feel or admit that they did something wrong.

OP, I hope you find out who did all of this, but I doubt you will. They're probably *just* smart enough to notice that you now have a dash cam, and will stop messing around. Their point has been made, I suppose, anyway. Who knows what the real motivation was to inflict this vandalism. Ass-holes.

Last edited by atmosphericM; 08-17-2018 at 11:04 AM..
Appreciate 1
      08-17-2018, 10:59 AM   #73
BryGuy11
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 BMW 335i coupe 6sp

Quote:
Originally Posted by atmosphericM View Post

1) A muffler delete is loud, but it isn't THAT loud unless you are literally flooring it through the garage. It isn't a jack hammer. Unless your apt building is built like sh*t, or is 75+ years old, I'm sure the quality of construction is ample to keep your exhaust note to a subtle humm, if it is even perceptible at all, through all of that concrete and insulation. Furthermore, if an individual wants/needs absolute peace and quiet, they should move to the country. Period. Living in a city with high-rise buildings and all the "bustle" means that you're immediately giving up your rights to constant peace and quiet, if you ask me.

All that said, if it's that easy to code out your cold-start, and you do live somewhere where it's an issue, this might be the time to do so. It's been a while since I've heard a 335i with a muffler delete, so maybe it's louder than I remember. But if someone complained about my PE with cat delete, I'd laugh and tell them to get over it. I promise you exotics are just as loud, and only the most crotchety person ever would complain about the sound from such a beautiful machine.

2) The majority of the US workforce, especially depending on where you live, works from 8-5. Maybe this is just me, but the typical and understood times to be quiet so as to please most of your neighbors is in between 10 PM and 7 AM. If someone is mad because someone is using their skill saw, in their own backyard, during the DAYLIGHT (8 pm in the summer), then that's on you. You're the one with the odd schedule. Sure your neighbor could be considerate and keep things quiet for you during more normal hours IF you establish a friendship/repertoire with them, but you should never *expect* people to care about their noise levels (unless they are absolutely extreme.. which a muffler delete is not) during the hours of 7 AM to 10 PM. If you have special needs regarding this, I believe it is on you to reach out to your neighbors and request such.

Now this doesn't mean that I think everyone in an apartment complex has the right to blare their music all day long, annoying their connecting neighbors. But starting your car to go somewhere is unavoidable, and the noise will last for a minute or less. If someone has their panties in such a wad from that, they're probably just a miserable person, generally speaking, anyway.

3) It's already been covered but it's sad that 99% of people would rather cause damage and destruction that have to look someone in the face and talk about how they feel or admit that they did something wrong.

OP, I hope you find out who did all of this, but I doubt you will. They're probably *just* smart enough to notice that you now have a dash cam, and will stop messing around. Their point has been made, I suppose, anyway. Who knows what the real motivation was to inflict this vandalism. Ass-holes.
You lost me at muffler delete...
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2018, 02:49 PM   #74
DYOOS
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i E90 N55

"loud" is subjective.

I don't think we are bashing OP for having a loud exhaust really. We're just finding out the reason why his car is getting crapped on. If he has a crazy ex we don't know about then well... there's your answer. We're just doing our own investigating with what we have right now.

And we all know how it feels to be young and have a loud car. We smash through every corner, tunnel, parking structure... no matter how small it is. That's just what we did. I don't meant to generalize, but can't argue the fact that when you're young you drive a bit more reckless.
      08-17-2018, 04:23 PM   #75
Al_335xi
Banned
Rep
Drives: e92 335xi

if only all of us could stake out in the parking garage and jump that person who's doing it.
All 20+ of us just surrounding him. >
Appreciate 2
      08-17-2018, 04:35 PM   #76
8thgenE92
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 328i coupe

Appreciate 0
      08-17-2018, 06:50 PM   #77
delmarco
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335xi Deep Sea Blue

I have an idiot that just moved in our Condo complex with a loud exhaust who parks in a spot right outside my den window. And he loves to sit in his car with the engine running/revving when he comes in for up to 10 minutes every night.

We are lucky our window is soundproof and closed during hot summers/cold winter but when the Fall or Spring comes and our windows are up he will have to stop it.

I don't think I would vandalize his car but I would leave a note or talk to him first then complain to our property board and eventually call the local police before slashing tires. lol

I'm curious to see what the OP finds. Usually it is an ex girlfriend or jaded side chicks that take it out on the car not neighbors!
Attached Images

VISIT MY GARAGE TO SEE MY BMW E90 MODS:
http://directory.e46fanatics.com/use...Mod&UcId=20832
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      08-18-2018, 02:39 AM   #78
david in germany
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 118i, 335i and 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by delmarco View Post
I have an idiot that just moved in our Condo complex with a loud exhaust who parks in a spot right outside my den window. And he loves to sit in his car with the engine running/revving when he comes in for up to 10 minutes every night.

We are lucky our window is soundproof and closed during hot summers/cold winter but when the Fall or Spring comes and our windows are up he will have to stop it.

I don't think I would vandalize his car but I would leave a note or talk to him first then complain to our property board and eventually call the local police before slashing tires. lol

I'm curious to see what the OP finds. Usually it is an ex girlfriend or jaded side chicks that take it out on the car not neighbors!
That thing is obnoxious just to look at...
2009 335i Saphire Black M Sport "Leopold" Cobb stage 2 aggressive tune, Mishimoto FMIC, Cobb charge pipe, Cobb catted down pipes, Forge diverter valves, BMS inlets and DCI, Cyba scoops and M Individual Audio retrofit and M3 gauge cluster retrofit.
2011 328i Titan Silver M Sport "Franzel" <--Wife's car
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2018, 07:20 AM   #79
smass
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 06 325i - 10 335i

Garage List
2010 E90 335i  [0.00]
2016 F15 35i  [0.00]
2003 E53 3.0  [0.00]
2006 E90 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antetokounmpo View Post
It's not THAT loud. There is a challenger 392 that parks right by me that's just as loud if not louder. Stock too.
Start your car and go inside. You may find it reverberates inside the building louder than when standing next to it. It can be pretty annoying. My neighbor has a friend with a muffler deleted N54 and I can feel it inside my house when he is idling in our street 100 feet away.

The mufflers are engineered to not only remove the noise but also the reverberation.

Last edited by smass; 08-18-2018 at 07:30 AM..
Appreciate 1
      08-18-2018, 10:59 AM   #80
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by atmosphericM View Post

1) A muffler delete is loud, but it isn't THAT loud unless you are literally flooring it through the garage. It isn't a jack hammer. Unless your apt building is built like sh*t, or is 75+ years old, I'm sure the quality of construction is ample to keep your exhaust note to a subtle humm, if it is even perceptible at all, through all of that concrete and insulation. Furthermore, if an individual wants/needs absolute peace and quiet, they should move to the country. Period. Living in a city with high-rise buildings and all the "bustle" means that you're immediately giving up your rights to constant peace and quiet, if you ask me, unless you work hard enough to ball out and buy/rent that penthouse away from the riff-raff. The excitement and bustle is what attracts people to the cities. If you don't like it, gtfo. Most of the surface of mother Earth is quiet peaceful and away from "noise."

Muffler delete is loud, but it isn't ricer in a civic or straight piped diesel truck loud. Both of which seem to drive by my street at all hours of the night. It's come to the point where I don't even mind the obnoxious civics anymore, they become like white noise. The diesel guys on the other hand are a menace to the car community. Straight piped, blowing smoke, driving over medians and through the yards of businesses... what a bunch of assholes.

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 1
      08-18-2018, 08:31 PM   #81
Antetokounmpo
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 6MT FBO; '18 F150 Platinum

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volasko View Post
Jesus... I think you're making far too many assumptions about the OP being obnoxious SOB going around redlining his car in 1st gear at 5am when he goes to work. All he is saying is his car is a loud on cold starts (due to his exhaust setup) and it is the only thing he can hypothesize as being the cause of the backlash. Also making excessive noise shouldn't give someone permission to vandalize a car, if that was true every Harley Davidson driver would deserve to have their bikes tipped over. That or every teenager who has a late night party would deserve to have their house egged.
Absolutely nailed it. I'm not being loud on purpose, I try to keep it as quiet as I can during off hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Judy View Post
OP, any updates?
Nothing new. I cleaned the grease off the wheels and there was an astounding amount of grease in the inner barrels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeekendWarriorz View Post
OP needs to stake out and when the vandalist comes he goes and confronts him.
If only I had time like that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smassey321 View Post
Start your car and go inside. You may find it reverberates inside the building louder than when standing next to it. It can be pretty annoying. My neighbor has a friend with a muffler deleted N54 and I can feel it inside my house when he is idling in our street 100 feet away.

The mufflers are engineered to not only remove the noise but also the reverberation.
I actually tried this today. I can't hear anything besides a VERY faint hmmmmm. Not a chance it could wake somebody up.

I also live on the busiest street downtown and there are loud open piped Harleys that drive by here all the time. But still living on the busiest street in the city one wouldn't expect it to be dead quiet all the time.

2008 335xi 6MT | VRSF Catless DP | VRSF 7" FMIC | VRSF CP | TIAL BOV | DCI | MHD 2+
BC Racing BR | Stoptech 600 | Firehawk Indy 500 255 Square | Atric Altimax 225 Sq.
2018 F-150 Platinum 701A | FX4 | 3.5 EcoBeast
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2018, 08:04 AM   #82
Torgus
Slow.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Single Turbo N54 on Meth!

Garage List
2007 BMW E92  [10.00]
2007 BMW E90  [0.00]
2006 BMW E91  [0.00]
Definitely the muffler bearing.
Appreciate 1
      08-19-2018, 08:31 AM   #83
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenY. View Post
Haven't seen a few of them for the past year, I assume they moved or grew up and stopped being aholes, lol. It was so damn frustrating, you talk to them nicely to leave the car alone and they just keep doing it to piss you off. I couldn't even tell the parents to keep their kids in check because one of the parents actually encouraged the kid to come over and f with my car. Kid literally jumped on my hood with me standing next to my car. :
Okay, gotta jack this thread...

So...WTF? and what did you do afterwards?
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 1
      08-19-2018, 05:00 PM   #84
BimmerNugget
Crazy Frog
United_States
Rep
Drives: L.L.Bean Bootmobile

I wonder what Tony Soprano would do about a situation like this.....
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2018, 09:51 AM   #85
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Any updates? Further fuckery or find out who said doucher is?
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2018, 10:05 AM   #86
John 070
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i cpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerNugget View Post
I wonder what Tony Soprano would do about a situation like this.....
His response would be totally unpredictable. In my career, I had one boss like that. I bet some have never had a boss like that. Great show!

The one where Phil tells tony about compromise and a tissue, cracks me up to this day!
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2018, 10:21 AM   #87
Pladi
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i xdrive

IDK about the States but in Canada grease in the brake caliper can be a serious offense.. like attempted murder.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2018, 10:44 AM   #88
atmosphericM
Basic Bimmer
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 328i 6MT ///M

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_335xi View Post
if only all of us could stake out in the parking garage and jump that person who's doing it.
All 20+ of us just surrounding him. >
LOL! "You don't fug wit Bimmerpost boi!!"