E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > After HPFP Install, Engine Cranking, Not Starting

12-23-2019, 02:33 PM   #1
smadasam
Rep
Drives: E90

After HPFP Install, Engine Cranking, Not Starting

After I replaced my motor like a month ago, my E90 ran fine for about a week or two; then, on the freeway, power starting to cut out until it completely died.

The codes I read at the time were: 2BE9, 2BDE, and 2BF0, which are related to low pressure in the high pressure fuel system. I figured the high pressure fuel pump had failed, so I ordered a new HPFP, gaskets, and sensor and installed them.

After installing everything, the motor cranks, but it is not starting. I am new to BMWs but, generally that means either you don't have fuel or spark. There wasn't any codes at this point.

Other thing of note, I installed the Radium Engineering LPFP setup while we swapped the motor.

Anyway, I am a little frustrated with this car at this point. What could possibly be wrong, and what are the next diagnosis steps?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0