E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Can a remap prevent ISTA D from deleting error codes?

10-15-2020, 04:21 AM   #1
Scoff123
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 LCI 320D M Sport

Can a remap prevent ISTA D from deleting error codes?

My friend who has a 2010 E91 320 D M Sport has a Collins Performance remap, which I believe is causing this issue. When connecting ISTA D and scanning his car, it picks up all the chassis and VO information fine and shows some of the modules in yellow which have errors stored. While performing this initial scan, it does throw up an information window saying:

Attention: Billing Instructions:

Vehicle is / was not equal to series. Goodwill exclusion for main groups 10,11,12,13,16,17,18,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,33 and 34.
Please notify the customer accordingly: goodwill for the above-referenced main groups is excluded.

which doesn't happen when I scan my own car, so I assume ISTA is picking up the fact that the ECU has been flashed, the same as would happen at the dealers?

When the scan finishes eventually, if I try to clear all stored fault codes, ISTA seems to hang indefinitely and all modules go red, meaning ECU not responding. Likewise after the initial scan, if you click on any module and click ECU test, it shows no information about the module and says ECU not responding.

I have used NCSEXPERT and been able to edit his cars VO as he has just fitted a wet cell battery instead of the previous AGM battery, and have also been able to communicate fine with various modules to read and write for some small coding changes, so it just seems to be ISTA that has a problem. Testing ISTA on my own 2011 E90 320D M Sport, works absolutely fine and clears codes like normal. The only difference is my friends Collins Performance remap, so do remaps prevent ISTA from clearing error codes or communicating with modules? Seems a bit strange, I could understand perhaps the ECU/DME being affected but not all the other car modules which are completely unrelated to the remap?
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2020, 02:33 AM   #2
dave330
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 330D

mine is remapped and i get the same message when scanning the car , but it still allows me to use ISTA with problems so i think your problem might be elsewhere.
sorry i don't know enough to be anymore help.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2020, 01:55 AM   #3
rasa bmw
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 640d sport/f31 330d x drive

some dodgy mappers have code blocking software in them,,i doubt collins do though as they are pretty big
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2020, 07:01 AM   #4
Scoff123
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 LCI 320D M Sport

Yeah that's the thing. I could understand if there were DME fault codes that couldn't be deleted due to the flash having some sort of block on the ECU, but not all the other car modules. I doubt it could be a communication problem with the OBD port or wiring, as I can code to modules successfully, and perform the initial full vehicle scan in ISTA fine. Really odd. I'll try turning the FASTA scanning function off which should prevent the warning popup about warranty repairs, and see if that makes any difference when trying to delete the error codes.
Appreciate 0