E90Post

GetBMWParts

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Gentlemen - Three Hundred Thousand

07-20-2019, 04:02 PM   #177
Efthreeoh
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 & Z4 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmitz View Post
Thanks. Looking forward to the 400,000 thread.

Edit : looks like very little has actually broken.
LOL, yeah, well you just made me write it

The thing is a tank. Even deer can't kill it. (jinx...)

If I stop posting soon, it probably means the car out lasted me.
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission.
Appreciate 1
      07-29-2019, 11:42 AM   #178
leif20
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i Auto, Sport

Have you (or anyone) ever had to replace the PCV oil separator? I had a look at mine when I did my starter back in December (at 200k km, now at 214k) and it seemed to be pretty gunked up. The inlet looked partially blocked with residue of solid oil. Is it a bad idea to replace this part or is it fairly standard at high miles? Will the car throw a code if the PCV gets blocked?

Also my car is affected by the 2006 recall of these units, but I don't want to have the shop take apart my car for something that probably won't be a problem.
      07-30-2019, 05:37 AM   #179
Efthreeoh
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 & Z4 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by leif20 View Post
Have you (or anyone) ever had to replace the PCV oil separator? I had a look at mine when I did my starter back in December (at 200k km, now at 214k) and it seemed to be pretty gunked up. The inlet looked partially blocked with residue of solid oil. Is it a bad idea to replace this part or is it fairly standard at high miles? Will the car throw a code if the PCV gets blocked?

Also my car is affected by the 2006 recall of these units, but I don't want to have the shop take apart my car for something that probably won't be a problem.
Several Forum members have replaced the CCV and found them clogged up. I have yet to do the CCV in my car, but plan to soon. The recall only affects the heated PCV valve, which is removed and replaced by removing the alternator, the tech doesn't touch the rest of the CCV system.
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission.
Appreciate 0