E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > E93 Problems/Concerns - post them all here!

01-27-2009, 11:42 PM   #45
ramorendez
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Subie

I had the flutter issue for about 1k miles, but it went away on its own

Rattles and creaks here and there, but nothing that's alarming... except one, and it only happened once - I was driving on a highway, doing about 80 when I started hearing a ton of cracking around the windshield. I could have sworn it was about to shatter. Nothing happened, though, and it hasn't happened since.

Other than that, no other issues in 11k+ miles

Appreciate 0
      01-28-2009, 05:11 PM   #46
darkphantom
Banned
Rep
Drives: E93 335i

nice! I'm missing her already

Hopefully they just do what I've asked them to...and nothing else.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2009, 06:41 PM   #47
xtremecruiser
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 Waterfall Vert

convertible top leak

Last edited by xtremecruiser; 01-28-2009 at 06:44 PM.. Reason: ugh x2
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2009, 06:57 PM   #48
T3X4S
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 MW M3

Garage List
WOW! Nice vid of the waterfall. To the dealer ASAP.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2009, 07:47 PM   #49
xtremecruiser
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E93TXHRNS View Post
WOW! Nice vid of the waterfall. To the dealer ASAP.
They would have to care first
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2009, 06:12 PM   #50
stephanie335
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Hey everyone... I'm new to this site, live in Toronto...

I bought a used 2007 335i convertible and got delivery on it yesterday... After driving it around all yesterday and today I, too, brought it to the car wash and got a shower JUST like on the above posted vid ...

Furthermore, I was unable to open the roof today (it was +5 C) and wanted to show my dad how it worked... is there a minimum temperature it has to be outside in order for the roof to operate? ...The dealer forgot to give me the damn owner's manual, on delivery...
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2009, 06:40 PM   #51
StephenNg
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i coupe

All convertiable top car will have this problem one way or the other when you take it into the car wash because of the high water pressure in the car wash system. This is also a common problem for the Porsche convertiable as well. Just don't take it to the car wash any more. Easy fix.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2009, 07:53 PM   #52
Crisp
Lieutenant Colonel
Albania
Rep
Drives: F95 X5M

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenNg View Post
All convertiable top car will have this problem one way or the other when you take it into the car wash because of the high water pressure in the car wash system. This is also a common problem for the Porsche convertiable as well. Just don't take it to the car wash any more. Easy fix.

Where are you getting this information from?

This is not normal, so please don't post such false information that will lead people to think that this is normal...it's NOT!

I have a 2009 E93 and don't have any leaking problems going through any car wash.

Get your cars check...you didn't pay $60k+ to get soaked during a car wash.
      02-01-2009, 08:01 PM   #53
stephanie335
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisp View Post

This is not normal, so please don't post such false information that will lead people to think that this is normal...it's NOT!

I have a 2009 E93 and don't have any leaking problems going through any car wash.

+1 ... making an appointment at the dealer ASAP, I'm pretty pissed about the leak.

... ps; anyone! any advice as to why my top isn't going down?? it worked perfectly in the dealership before i brought my car home!! (see my previous post above!)
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2009, 08:03 PM   #54
StephenNg
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisp View Post

I also have a Porsche 997 as well and do spend a lot of time in the Rennlist forum. There is a large number of people have the simliar issue with the 997 convertiale due to the high water pressure in the car wash. I don't make thing up for fun.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2009, 08:03 PM   #55
Crisp
Lieutenant Colonel
Albania
Rep
Drives: F95 X5M

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanie335 View Post
+1 ... making an appointment at the dealer ASAP, I'm pretty pissed about the leak.

... ps; anyone! any advice as to why my top isn't going down?? it worked perfectly in the dealership before i brought my car home!! (see my previous post above!)
Stupid reason but it happened to me...

I left a small towel on the side where is says to not place anything on this area since it has to be occupied by the top...the top went down but not all the way.

Check if you have anything there... stupid reason but I almost forgot about it since you can't notice it with the top down and dont think about it with the top up.
      02-01-2009, 08:08 PM   #56
cn555ic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:

Can it be that you went through the car wash and without the car being totally dried, it froze the top at the front latch part near the windshield! It could happen, I mean windows get stuck from shit like that, I would think a convertible top also would get frozen stiff....I have a E93 and never experienced a leak, but I never took the car to a car wash, only hose from my house, but I would think that its not normal for a 63+ car to leak like that!
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2009, 08:26 PM   #57
StephenNg
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cn555ic View Post
Can it be that you went through the car wash and without the car being totally dried, it froze the top at the front latch part near the windshield! It could happen, I mean windows get stuck from shit like that, I would think a convertible top also would get frozen stiff....I have a E93 and never experienced a leak, but I never took the car to a car wash, only hose from my house, but I would think that its not normal for a 63+ car to leak like that!

You should not have any issue by wash it at home. However in the car wash at certain angle, it will leak even a 100K+ Porsche. It is the fact whether you choose to accept it or not. The best way is to avoid taken it to car wash. It is sad but is ture.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2009, 08:42 PM   #58
T3X4S
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 MW M3

Garage List
Quote:

I bought a used 2007 335i convertible and got delivery on it yesterday... After driving it around all yesterday and today I, too, brought it to the car wash and got a shower JUST like on the above posted vid ...

Furthermore, I was unable to open the roof today (it was +5 C) and wanted to show my dad how it worked... is there a minimum temperature it has to be outside in order for the roof to operate? ...The dealer forgot to give me the damn owner's manual, on delivery...
The manual states hardtop will not operate below 14F or -10C, so I'm not sure why it didn't work for you although I usually get a warning on the dashboard when temp is below 37F. You can get the PDF version of the drivers manual on the BMW USA website. EDITED

Last edited by T3X4S; 02-02-2009 at 06:55 PM.. Reason: written incorrectly
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2009, 09:03 PM   #59
StephenNg
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
The manual states hardtop will operated below 14F or -10C, so I'm not sure why it didn't work for you although I usually get a warning on the dashboard when temp is below 37F. You can get the PDF version of the drivers manual on the BMW USA website.
For the hard top operation, I think she should bring it in for sure.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2009, 09:06 PM   #60
Greatest335I
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335I black

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkphantom View Post
So I've done alot of searching and have found vague topics on the E93 concerning several issues, and no clear answers...so I've decided to make a thread that will help several people out by isolating problems and concerns with out E93s...and perhaps answer some of my own questions...

1) What is with the fluttering noise in the cabin when the top is up?
ans: it has something to do with the RFTs. There is some sort of a SIB but my dealer said they didn't show any here (Houston)

2) Where is the Vacuum hose in the trunk ?? (for the exhaust mod)

3) when I put my top up, it usually slams down on the roofline and does not lock until I initiate the top-up button upon when I hear it lock down. - what's up with this?

What else....can't think of much right now....ooo: Where is the sunglasses holder?!? LOL - I know there isn't one, I just find it annoying to put it on the side compartment...

if you have anything else to add/answer, feel free. I'm sure it will help alot of E93 owners by keeping it all in one contained thread.

Also, PLEASE STAY ON TOPIC!

Thanks

yea GG thats why you get E92 !!!!!
      02-01-2009, 09:12 PM   #61
smartys
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 e93 335i

Quote:

Though I haven't taken my cabrio to a carwash (I prefer to hand wash only), at the dealer, a SA once told me not to take it to a high pressure carwash bceause the top would leak. however, i think it's total BULLSHIT. it's a HARDTOP convertible, it should NOT leak. I would take it to the dealer. Also, the top won't open below a certain temp, but I can't remember what it is......I would take the car to a heated garage somewhere, let it sit for a couple of hours and try again. Oh, but first, make sure the panel-thingy in the trunk is down, and that there's nothing obstructing the sensors on either side in the trunk. Did you check your trunk to make sure?

btw, welcome to the club! great choice in cars....Assuming everything turns out ok, and hopefully it will, you're gonna LOVVVVVE this thing. what colour? I live in Brampton, and I'm in Mississauga all the time, Space grey, red interior, MK786....honk if u see me! Good luck with the roof....
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2009, 01:22 AM   #62
Lotus99
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 19 M2C & 18 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkphantom View Post
I've also had this window rattle on the driver's side window whenever the top is down and the windows are fully up. We'll see what they fix....*crosses fingers* hopefully more stuff fixed than broken >.<
How did it go? Took 6 trips to dealer for me. they changed the angle of the rear window I believe so that it puts more pressure on the front window. when it's loose, the hard rubber seal that separates the front and rear windows causes the rattles on bumps in the road.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2009, 07:35 AM   #63
stephanie335
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartys View Post
Though I haven't taken my cabrio to a carwash (I prefer to hand wash only), at the dealer, a SA once told me not to take it to a high pressure carwash bceause the top would leak. however, i think it's total BULLSHIT. it's a HARDTOP convertible, it should NOT leak. I would take it to the dealer. Also, the top won't open below a certain temp, but I can't remember what it is......I would take the car to a heated garage somewhere, let it sit for a couple of hours and try again. Oh, but first, make sure the panel-thingy in the trunk is down, and that there's nothing obstructing the sensors on either side in the trunk. Did you check your trunk to make sure?

btw, welcome to the club! great choice in cars....Assuming everything turns out ok, and hopefully it will, you're gonna LOVVVVVE this thing. what colour? I live in Brampton, and I'm in Mississauga all the time, Space grey, red interior, MK786....honk if u see me! Good luck with the roof....

yea I'm definitely making an appointment ASAP...

and thank you!! its sapphire black with coral interior! SOOOOO happy with it
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2009, 07:41 AM   #64
stephanie335
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
The manual states hardtop will operated below 14F or -10C, so I'm not sure why it didn't work for you although I usually get a warning on the dashboard when temp is below 37F. You can get the PDF version of the drivers manual on the BMW USA website.
K GUYS... LAUGH AT ME NOW!!! My convertible top works juuuust fine...

I had no idea that there was a cargo cover in the trunk and when it was detailed pre-delivery it wasn't pushed back down into place...

...found an owner's manual online for the time being (thanks!!) and low and behold; "The retractable hardtop can only be opened if the cargo bay partition is in its lowermost position and engaged on both sides."
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2009, 06:47 PM   #65
xtremecruiser
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenNg View Post
Sorry I have drove through the car wash with other E93 and other verts and no leak
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2009, 06:52 PM   #66
StephenNg
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremecruiser View Post
Sorry I have drove through the car wash with other E93 and other verts and no leak

I am not saying they all leak. However, it is not uncommon they leak a little water when it goes thru high pressure car wash. As I said earlier, when high pressure water spray at certain angles, it may leaks.
Appreciate 0