E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion > Please convert to islam? Wtf is youtube pushing?

08-05-2019, 06:37 PM   #23
Zugzwang
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 x35d M-Sport + 2013 X-35d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manivxr View Post
What I don't get is why in today's modern world we have people believing in stories originating from the middle east 2000 years ago?

What would happen if you banned teachings of any religion to kids fullstop. As adults they could decide whether they believed in a God or not.
I think the world would be a different place.

This is a sad thread but I am bored and need to occupy my time.
The great religions all teach similar rules and morals. Whats fucked up is the differences between supplemental teachings in said religions that revolve around those who do not share your faith.

Some of these tenants are loco.

I will not say that religion is bad. Some people need religion as a sort of a safety net from the pit of self defeatism. Others see is as a set of fences for the herd to follow.

Im afraid of fanatics.

Btw there are a great deal if religions that all have their own versions of Noah’s flood. In all great teachings sits some bit of historical truth.
Appreciate 1
      08-05-2019, 06:55 PM   #24
Manivxr
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 435d EB

We are all afraid of the fanatics.
It's the fanatics which give religion a bad name.
Get rid of the fanatics and you get rid of most of the problem.
Appreciate 4
Now_Rudi5672.00
vtown56.00

08-05-2019, 08:08 PM   #25
Zugzwang
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
We are all afraid of the fanatics.
It's the fanatics which give religion a bad name.
Get rid of the fanatics and you get rid of most of the problem.
Saddam Hussein used to put the fanatics into a square and shoot them in public as a deterrent to 140+ religions all working their way towards religious dominance it pre bush sr. Iraq. His version of secularism was one that existed on the extreme edge.

Im at odds on how two versions of basically the same book can cause so much hate and so many atrocities between each other.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2019, 08:49 PM   #26
SoCalS2k
Captain
Rep
Drives: S2K!

Garage List
2001 Honda S2k  [0.00]
Whenever trump has a bad day one of these threads pops up.

I guess now it's cause of the trade war or his bad response to terrible shooting over the weekend??
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2019, 08:53 PM   #27
pikkagtr
Go Spurs Go
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 AW F80

maybe they're all a distraction from the Epstein fiasco

Appreciate 1
Zugzwang1035.00

08-05-2019, 08:54 PM   #28
Zugzwang
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalS2k View Post
Whenever trump has a bad day one of these threads pops up.

I guess now it's cause of the trade war??
The Chinese dont really practice religion. I think the Buddhist's hold the dominant numbers in china. But the government (to my knowledge) doesnt really back any deity.

Did the Don have a bad day? I been drinking all weekend. Long weekend. All hail the lord of drink and the mistress's of the gummy.
Appreciate 1
Now_Rudi5672.00

08-06-2019, 03:28 AM   #29
Manivxr
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 435d EB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zugzwang View Post
Saddam Hussein used to put the fanatics into a square and shoot them in public as a deterrent to 140+ religions all working their way towards religious dominance it pre bush sr. Iraq. His version of secularism was one that existed on the extreme edge.

Im at odds on how two versions of basically the same book can cause so much hate and so many atrocities between each other.
The fundamentals of all religions is basically peace with your fellow man. The issue is that these extremists use these ancient scriptures to justify their extreme way of thinking. You can justify whatever you want when you twist and take things out of context.
It's quite easy when the texts you are using are over 1000 years old and were written in the medieval times when the world was a different place.

I believe that religion isn't inherently bad. But there are some bad evil people hiding under its label who use it to brainwash weak and feeble followers to commit atrocities in the name of it. This scenario is not just confined to Islam but applies to many ideologies.

The question is do we need these ancient believes in the modern world? If they do more harm than good, then you really need to question their role in modern society.
Appreciate 2
Now_Rudi5672.00
yco584.50

08-06-2019, 08:08 AM   #30
hooligan_COLD
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
Rep
Drives: '15 X1 35i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by mir604 View Post
Just a friendly reminder..... Ad's are based on a multitude of factors.. including viewing history

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/3181017?hl=en
Yeah. I don't seem to get any commercials about Islam.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2019, 08:09 AM   #31
hooligan_COLD
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
Rep
Drives: '15 X1 35i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikkagtr View Post
maybe they're all a distraction from the Epstein fiasco

Who is that a fiasco for, other than Epstein?
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2019, 11:53 AM   #32
yco
ignorance is bliss..
Rep
Drives: E71 X6M '10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zugzwang View Post
Know what i think you are right!!! I see zero mention of Mohammedís two books of war anywhere on the net. Interesting.

What is the Quríanís views upon equality?
equality between man and woman?
there are versicles about man and woman saying that believer man and woman is equal.. like clothing in winter that keeps you warm that completing each other.. as i ve said i dont believe in religion but the image of Islam is corrupted badly mostly by Arabs... and its not stopping in wrong hands..
      08-11-2019, 01:28 PM   #33
catcher22
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi Coupe

Wow, what a thread. We all have a choice. Some people are religious to the bone and some people are not at all. Some are hateful and some people are not. To me, religion doesn't matter, however the hate within each individual does.

Who are you to say one religion is better than the other, and to put everyone in the same category?

You do know, there are good Muslims living right amongst us that believe in the exact same values as you and I? They are not anti homosexual and surely do not condone underage marriage.

Don't lump everyone together. There are lots of good and bad scenarios where we could lump everyone together in all religions.

The real difference between us all is the hate within, not the religion we may or may not practice.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2019, 12:58 PM   #34
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 325i Arctic

Quote:
What would happen if you banned teachings of any religion to kids fullstop. As adults they could decide whether they believed in a God or not.
I think the world would be a different place.
This may sound unusual, but it's about what I did with my son. I was raised Catholic. I believe one day I will meet Jesus, and that a place is created for me in My Father's house.

When my son started school, I also enrolled him in catechism. He went thru the years of first communion, and then was in classes for confirmation. Confirmation is HIS choice to become a member of the congregation. He chose not to be confirmed.

If I don't force it on my own son, I'm certainly not going to force it on anyone else.

I've had enough discussions with random people around the world, who are not Catholic. I don't think there is a single route to heaven, nor a single vision of what it entails. But I think God is large enough to encompass many paths to his Love.

YMMV.
Appreciate 1
      08-13-2019, 01:46 PM   #35
adc100
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 Forester XT

As an aside..even as a Christian, Pro Trumper I have read the entire Koran several times and even read the "Idiots Understanding Islam" No where does it discuss killing Christians. It talks about killing "evildoers"..but its mostly in the context of God (Sams God as Christians) doing that. It talks about shunning "non-believers" which 'may' be Christians.

Centuries ago and even before say 1900's Muslims had no problem living among Christians. If they conquered an area of Christians they generally allowed them to rule themselves-not always. As we can discuss how many innocent people were slain by 'Christians' during the Crusades.

And of course many Muslim leaders want death to the Infidels. But they have hyjacked the religion. I get sick of people that have never studied the Koran saying it is a book about killing Infidels (Sean Hannity comes to mind )

And Muslims believe Jesus was a very very important Prophet. ..just not the Son of God

I have not seen that the Koran advocates killing LGBTs

Ok return to your normal thread..sorry

Last edited by adc100; 08-13-2019 at 02:06 PM..
Appreciate 2