E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Classifieds Section > FS: E92 Carbon Fibre Bonnet (Unused)

11-23-2015, 03:12 PM   #1
computid
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92

FS: E92 Carbon Fibre Bonnet (Unused)

Hi all,

I bought a Carbon Bonnet for my car about a year ago but I've never gotten around to fitting it and it now looks like I won't ever! Plus, having now read the original advert, it's for a pre-LCI anyway, and apparently (thanks to Ao1 below) they're not compatible between LCI and Pre-LCI cars.

The part is real carbon fibre, with a GRP undertray. It was considered seconds from a UK based company called EPRacing. There is a slight mark at the top (just under the wind screen) but it's not noticeable if you're not looking for it (visible in the 1st photo). Somebody has cut two square holes in the GRP undertray (NOT in the carbon!) in order to incorporate vents (Which would require cutting the carbon). I was intending to just fibreglass these holes up adding an extra bond between the undertray and the top half but I never got around to it. This would be easy to do or you could just leave it as is, you'd only see it with the bonnet open and you could easily cover it with sound deadening mat. If somebody is genuinely interested I can get a photo of these, but please let me know as I'll have to move some stuff out of the way!

It's got the hinge fixings bonded in at the back, and it'll come with all the catches (new BMW OEM parts) although I was intending to fit Aerocatches as I find it easier to align this sort of thing when you have some leeway in the catches (and they look cool ).

I'm after £325 for it but feel free to make me an offer, it's just taking up room at the moment. Collection only from Leighton Buzzard in Bedfordshire. You'd probably need a van or a roof rack and some straps. As I say it's never been fitted to a car so it's in very good condition (other then the above listed bits).

Here are some photos:

2012 E92 Sport Plus - Carbon Bonnet//BSW Sound System//Black Kidney Grilles//Twin Exit Exhaust
Plans - Bilstein B14 Coilovers//Ispiri ISR 10's//M1 front bumper//Black Roof//Tinted Lights

Last edited by computid; 12-09-2015 at 04:35 AM.. Reason: Price drop
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2015, 05:07 PM   #2
RajB
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Assume this is for an LCI E92 as you have a 2012 car listed in your sig?
      11-24-2015, 06:09 AM   #3
computid
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajB View Post
Assume this is for an LCI E92 as you have a 2012 car listed in your sig?
I believe it is an LCI bonnet yes, although I'm not entirely sure. I didn't think it would particularly be an issue for me as I am lead to believe that pre-LCI bonnets fit on LCI cars.

Thanks,

Adam

2012 E92 Sport Plus - Carbon Bonnet//BSW Sound System//Black Kidney Grilles//Twin Exit Exhaust
Plans - Bilstein B14 Coilovers//Ispiri ISR 10's//M1 front bumper//Black Roof//Tinted Lights
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2015, 07:26 AM   #4
Ao1
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

OP - The pre-lci and lci bonnet are different and not a straight swap. You would need to do a complete front end conversion to fit a lci bonnet to a pre-lci car.

Who made the bonnet? You would get a lot more interest if it was Vorsteiner vs a cheap Chinese import. Also you mentioned cut outs have been made but they are not shown on the photos. With no idea on fitment/ quality or confirmation on lci or pre-lci you are going to struggle selling at that price.

(Just trying to help)

EDIT: I'd guess it is pre-lci from the photos.

Last edited by Ao1; 11-24-2015 at 07:45 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2015, 09:16 AM   #5
computid
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ao1 View Post
OP - The pre-lci and lci bonnet are different and not a straight swap. You would need to do a complete front end conversion to fit a lci bonnet to a pre-lci car.

Who made the bonnet? You would get a lot more interest if it was Vorsteiner vs a cheap Chinese import. Also you mentioned cut outs have been made but they are not shown on the photos. With no idea on fitment/ quality or confirmation on lci or pre-lci you are going to struggle selling at that price.

(Just trying to help)

EDIT: I'd guess it is pre-lci from the photos.
Thanks dude, I've updated the post accordingly

Appreciate 0
      11-30-2015, 07:20 PM   #6
335ibmwdude
Registered
Rep
Drives: Stock 335i

Hi there,

Do you know what weight the hood is?

Interested to know the savings over the stock hood.

Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2015, 10:24 AM   #7
computid
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335ibmwdude View Post
Hi there,

Do you know what weight the hood is?

Interested to know the savings over the stock hood.

Cheers.
No, sorry I don't. It's too big for me to weigh in any sensible way. Sorry! I can tell you that despite it's large size it is very easy to move around by yourself. You can definitely pick it up and move it around without much effort.

Appreciate 0
      12-04-2015, 10:50 AM   #8
computid
Rep

Bump. SFS.

Appreciate 0
      12-09-2015, 04:35 AM   #9
computid
Rep

Bump - SFS- Price drop! Now £325.

Appreciate 0
      12-17-2015, 10:01 AM   #10
computid
Rep

Bump - SFS - Now £300 on eBay, I'll take £275 from forum members only.

Appreciate 0
      12-30-2015, 03:55 AM   #11
computid
Rep

SOLD

Appreciate 0