E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Mppk or MPE

12-29-2015, 04:49 PM   #1
NolanGraphics
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi coupe alpine white

Mppk or MPE

Hey folks, I'm brand new to the forum here. Not sure if I can find the answer elsewhere. But I'm looking to upgrade my 335xi with both the mppk and mpe, one this spring, maybe the other in the fall. any thoughts on which one would be best installed first . Thanks in advance
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2015, 04:58 PM   #2
fazman
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335 e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by NolanGraphics View Post
Hey folks, I'm brand new to the forum here. Not sure if I can find the answer elsewhere. But I'm looking to upgrade my 335xi with both the mppk and mpe, one this spring, maybe the other in the fall. any thoughts on which one would be best installed first . Thanks in advance
You have a 2008 335xi n54 right... then you are my car twin

Why would you want to waste your money on $BMW$ performance mods when you can have real bolt-on's that make real power?

1) Ditch the stock RFT's and get some good Go Flat normal tires.
2) Ditch the horrible stock sport suspension and get something that doesn't give you those explosions of teeth jarring ride on those front shocks.
3) Get someone to remote code you using your own laptop and coding K+D Can cable. Get the Alpina Flash if you like as well.
4) Get your car carbon blasted and get new spark plugs as well as a BMS OCC (Oil Catch Can installed) as soon as possible.
5) Upgrade your car in stages:
A) Full BMS JB4 kit or MHD Flash tune
B) Full competition Kit FMIC anodized with Carbon fiber shroud from Evolution racewerks
C) Get the Evolution racewerks Chargepipe and BOV/Diverter valves
D) AR Design catless DP's and stand alone DPFix (since you are not in the USA).

Enjoy your car a lot like i do
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2015, 05:29 PM   #3
NolanGraphics
Enlisted Member
Rep

Thanks, I will have to look into all that. I was think the "m" parts because I still have about 1.5 years left on a bmw extended warranty, and I'm not looking to go to big, just some subtle noise and a little bit of extra power......you have a pic of your car? Sounds sweet if you have all that listed fitted
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2015, 05:44 PM   #4
Hpirx
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240 xDrive, BGM

Also a relatively new 2008 e90 335xi owner here.
New plugs, carbon blast, DCI, Alpina Flash,and stage 1 Cobb tune done! Lovin' it!
Apex Arc 8s 17x9 square set up awaiting spring to mount the non-rfts.
Trying to decide on my suspension upgrade. Not looking to lower it.
smoother ride over local crap roads and occasional HPDE track days.
Suggestions?
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2016, 10:48 AM   #5
NolanGraphics
Enlisted Member
Rep

Anyone else have any thoughts on the MPE vs MPPK?
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2016, 02:59 PM   #6
david in germany
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 118i, 335i and 328i

When I purchased my 335i it had the mpe and mppk. The exhaust was annoyingly loud on cold starts so I put it back to stock exhaust and gained a bit of torque in the low end. If I lived out in the country I would have kept the exhaust. From what I have read unless your car is M-sport they will not install the mppk. The advantage of the mppk is the added cooling keeps the temps way down. I think a perfect combo would be the parts for the mppk, upgraded fmic and a Cobb off the shelf tune if you are worried about the warentee.
2009 335i Saphire Black M Sport "Leopold" Cobb stage 2 aggressive tune, Mishimoto FMIC, Cobb charge pipe, Cobb catted down pipes, Forge diverter valves, BMS inlets and DCI, Cyba scoops and M Individual Audio retrofit and M3 gauge cluster retrofit.
2011 328i Titan Silver M Sport "Franzel" <--Wife's car
Appreciate 0