E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Front Passenger Seat Frame Doesn't Align With Holes in Unibody

12-24-2018, 07:10 PM   #1
Jonjt
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 335i M-sport

Front Passenger Seat Frame Doesn't Align With Holes in Unibody

Hello Folks,
I had to take my passenger seat out to repair the motor that allows the seat to move front to back. For whatever reason, the holes in the car's unibody do not align with the holes in the seat's frame. I'm forced to apply force to the frame rails, in order to get them to align, before I can fasten the 4 mounting screws. The unibody doesn't have any damage so, I'm stumped what the cause could be.

Has anyone had such an experience?
Are we to expect that the frames of a seat are to deform over time?
Are we able to adjust the mounting positions of the seat frame, so as to adjust for situations like this?

If anyone could share their experiences, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2020, 09:43 AM   #2
greg_e
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 Competition

Gonna revive this 2 year old thread bc I’m having the exact same problem. My friend and I traded my old black interior for his red interior on our E92’s. Everything secured into place except the front passenger seat. I bent the frames into place and secured the seat but it caused the motor to bind up so I couldn’t adjust the seat back and forth. Did you ever find a solution? About to replace the seat frame
Appreciate 0