Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > 08 328i TPMS Error Codes

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

02-14-2019, 04:06 PM   #1
joshaguirre
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 X3 xDrive28i F25

08 328i TPMS Error Codes

Hi, so the TPMS system on my E90 has been acting up for some time now. Almost every time I drive my car the TPMS light flashes on my dash, then stays solid. After scanning the car with INPA I get RDC codes 604E and 6057. I believe 604E is for the RDC system and 6057 is for the rear right wheel well. Please read my entire situation. What's interesting about this issue is that it sometimes if I reset the TPMS system from the dash and drive the light will go off. Then maybe an hour later the light will come back on with the same codes. Basically there is no consistency when the issue presents over and over. So heres the interesting thing, this issue has been happening for at least three months, about a month ago I got my tires rotated and balanced and I asked the shop to check if all my sensors were good and they said they're fine. So now that the tires have been rotated and the issue still happens, I'm inclined to think the problem is not with the sensors in the tire(s). I'm starting to think that the transmitter trigger in the RR wheel well is going bad? Am I correct to think this? Like I said the system will reset sometimes and the warning light might not come back on for a few hours, almost like the transmitter trigger will/won't work sometimes. If the RDC antenna itself was bad, wouldn't I get more codes for each wheel well? So yeah, I might go to the tire shop and get the sensors scanned one more time but at this time, I'm thinking about replacing the transmitter trigger. Sorry for the long post but I wanted to provide as much info as possible.
Appreciate 0