Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > TPMS won’t reset, all sensors up

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

11-24-2021, 09:35 PM   #1
amoshet
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 335xi

TPMS won’t reset, all sensors up

Hey guys, so my TPMS started having issues after going to Jersey City (city with awful roads) and on the way home, hit me with a tpms inactive message. Now, it occasionally says tpms inactive, (not always) but really the main issue is it gets stuck and won’t reset in idrive. Tried resetting the battery (disconnected ground for 40 min), of course I drove around multiple times after pressing reset, it just won’t work.

Took car to Mavis yesterday, as with my friends scan tool I could see a current code for “6055 FR wheel electronics” and a history code for the “RDC module.” They said they physically inspected the sensor and it was fine, but my issue did not resolve itself. They just did a TPMS relearn and sent me on my way. Btw, car has one yr old Mavis tpms sensors in them, and they worked great until I went to Jersey City.

So I don’t know what the issue is or what the solution is. I took out the RDC module and inspected it, cleaned the connectors on both sides with 99% alcohol. Nothing has resolved the issue. Anyone face anything similar or know of a fix?

2010 e90 335xi with the CIC iDrive system.
Attached Images

Last edited by amoshet; 11-24-2021 at 09:46 PM..
Appreciate 0