E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Was it my gearbox that just went bang

12-03-2021, 03:05 PM   #1
ISPARR0WI
Registered
Rep
Drives: e92

Was it my gearbox that just went bang

Hi everyone just looking for a quick bit of advice before I can get my car into a garage. Mainly so I can decide how drunk I should get tonight

So the car is a 2008 E92 325i Msport. With 52k miles and an automatic gear box. Also worth mentioning that I've had absolutely no issues with the car relating to the gear box/transmission until now.

What happened - I was taking the wife and her friends out for a few drinks. The wife decided to put the car in sport and says "show them how fast it goes". So that's what I did. I put my foot down.

The car did the usual dropping down a gear and accelerated hard all the way to the limiter, it then went for the next gear…. Nothing except a sickening thud then no more drive. No errors/lights on the dash.

except when I put it in neutral. It come up on the screen something like "not in neutral" then it grinds horribly when you put it back in park. Which is why I don't want to put it back into neutral to see what the message was.

Anyone experienced anything similar? Anyone got any ideas what may be wrong with it?

Cheers guys.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0