E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > E93 top leak, told touchless car wash is a NO NO

12-02-2008, 07:07 PM   #89
xtremecruiser
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 Waterfall Vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by am_ver View Post
Same thing with me - Mentioned that I am left with no option but seek legal help and the woman (Zoila) hung up on me saying that she couldn't help further in that case. Then I take the car to the dealer .. and he puts that HUGE ugly scratch. I mean they think they can do anything and not be held responsible... not even once did I hear an apology from them about the damage. Pretty ridiulous.

I was a little busy for the last few weeks, but BMW should be hearing from my attorney pretty soon. This is a complete joke from BMW's part.
Second States attorney generals office call later this week, already have some local TV stations on standby, I have a few attorneys that are chomping at the bit for me to sign them up.
Butt why do we have to deal with all this crap, esp when BMW is reading these threads ?
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2008, 07:14 PM   #90
bsamoul
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E90 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremecruiser View Post
Second States attorney generals office call later this week, already have some local TV stations on standby, I have a few attorneys that are chomping at the bit for me to sign them up.
Butt why do we have to deal with all this crap, esp when BMW is reading these threads ?
So, in other words, still no progress??
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2008, 07:21 PM   #91
xtremecruiser
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsamoul View Post
So, in other words, still no progress??
The "legal" department of BMW received my LL arbitration request letter resisted mail last Monday.
It rained most of the holiday, so driving the bmw was out of the question.
I might try calling BMW and getting hung up on again
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2008, 07:30 PM   #92
Chico
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3

Thumbs down

I can't believe this is still going on. Shame on BMW.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2008, 08:23 PM   #93
BzsBimmer
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 FO M3, M3 & MY Tezzy's

I smell a class action soon
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2008, 08:16 PM   #94
xtremecruiser
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico View Post
I can't believe this is still going on. Shame on BMW.
Emailed BMW this week and let the customer service rep that had been emailing and talking me that I would be giving her name to the States attorney generals office and the local media tv stations.
She sends me a nasty email that I should have taken the offer from the dealership of trading it in for market value on another vehicle and that that offer may still be on the table
I fire off a reply to her, BMW CEO, the board of directors at BMW NA and BMW DE.
I get a nasty voice mail TELLING me that I am not allowed to email BMW DE or others anymore and that someone will call me later in the day to talk to me about my car.
That was 2 days ago.
Customer service at its bets.
Who wants my email list ?
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2008, 11:41 PM   #95
bsamoul
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E90 325i

Quote:
Emailed BMW this week and let the customer service rep that had been emailing and talking me that I would be giving her name to the States attorney generals office and the local media tv stations.
She sends me a nasty email that I should have taken the offer from the dealership of trading it in for market value on another vehicle and that that offer may still be on the table
I fire off a reply to her, BMW CEO, the board of directors at BMW NA and BMW DE.
I get a nasty voice mail TELLING me that I am not allowed to email BMW DE or others anymore and that someone will call me later in the day to talk to me about my car.
That was 2 days ago.
Customer service at its bets.
Who wants my email list ?
Are you fucking serious? Do they like think you're suddenly and magically going to forget about all this or something or tell you to move to someplace it doesn't rain lol??
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2008, 12:00 AM   #96
deletedelete
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: m

Garage List
Unbelievable, I was expecting to see a small drip run down the window, not a downpour.

And how can they tell you not to email BMW DE or anybody? You have a defective car and they expect you to sit around and not talk to anybody about it.

The bad publicity from this type of stuff seems much worse then just apologizing, fixing the problem, and sending you a free gift.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2008, 12:05 PM   #97
BzsBimmer
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 FO M3, M3 & MY Tezzy's

Power of the internet and free information!
Post those e-mails
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2008, 03:54 PM   #98
xtremecruiser
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsamoul View Post
Are you fucking serious? Do they like think you're suddenly and magically going to forget about all this or something or tell you to move to someplace it doesn't rain lol??
It seems like that is what they are thinking.
It's raining this weekend, so I can not drive the car
The dealership has had 3 times to fix it, they have "epic failed" on their attempts.
The SC Lemon Law is quite clear and BMW NA has my Demand
Letter Under South Carolina Lemon Law but refuses to acknowledge that they have received it, even though they sometimes say they have and then other times they say no.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2008, 03:56 PM   #99
cn555ic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
The dealership has had 3 times to fix it, they have "epic failed" on their attempts.
Letter Under South Carolina Lemon Law but refuses to acknowledge that they have received it, even though they sometimes say they have and then other times they say no.
What you need to do is hire an attorney and file the claim to BMW NA...I have owned 3 convertibles from BMW E30, E36 and my E93 is the first one with a hardtop....I have never seen something like that in my life....Hardtop or softop regardless there is some kind of structural problem which seems to make the roof warp or bent which is the only way the car would leak like that...
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2008, 03:57 PM   #100
lkn
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

what's the difference between a touchless car wash and heavy rain? you might want to ask that question to the dealership. I'm guessing the dealership will tell you that driving your convertible closed in heavy rain is a NO NO
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2008, 03:58 PM   #101
deletedelete
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Once somebody high up at BMW realizes whats going on, im sure your getting a new car. Especially since some of the customer service people are lying about your lemon request. Im sure they dont want a lawsuit and this all over the news.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2008, 04:01 PM   #102
xtremecruiser
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cn555ic View Post
What you need to do is hire an attorney and file the claim to BMW NA...
For a Lemon Law arbitration request I do not need a lawyer, butt it seems that will be what I need to do.
You are also allowed to sue for 3x the value of the car under SC law.
You would think that BMW NA would want to avoid all this bad press.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2008, 04:22 PM   #103
darkphantom
Banned
Rep
Drives: E93 335i

wow! this is still going on!
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2008, 04:24 PM   #104
deletedelete
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
For a Lemon Law arbitration request I do not need a lawyer, butt it seems that will be what I need to do.
You are also allowed to sue for 3x the value of the car under SC law.
You would think that BMW NA would want to avoid all this bad press.

What? Pray that they dont answer you and sue. Shoot, id deal with a little rain water for 3x the value of the car. Take the 150k and buy a bunch of new cars and a umbrella, lol.

Hope everything works out man.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2008, 04:58 PM   #105
xtremecruiser
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowess Symphony View Post

What? Pray that they dont answer you and sue. Shoot, id deal with a little rain water for 3x the value of the car. Take the 150k and buy a bunch of new cars and a umbrella, lol.

Its more than a little water, cant drive it in the rain
Customer service at it's best, not sure how they treat others, butt my experience has been horrible

[u2b]dOk-gk7G1h8&[/u2b]
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2008, 05:59 PM   #106
Aija
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335Coupe 6-Speed!

Comming from different brands of car, I must say..BMW customer service is the worst one ive dealt with.

Good luck on your case.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2008, 07:49 PM   #107
xtremecruiser
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowess Symphony View Post

I just want BMW to make me "whole" again
I really do not understand all the games going on.
Each week I am going to escalate the situation to the next step along my path to resolution
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2008, 08:38 PM   #108
smartys
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 e93 335i

dude that is HORRIBLE.....I can't believe they're being such pricks.....when you sent your letter, did you try sending it by courier/registered mail, cause (as you probably already know) you can request that the receiver SIGN for it upon delivery, proving they indeed received the letter in question.......anyways, i hope everything works out for you, there is no reason something like this should be happening.....you deserve a new car + damages.......SUE their ASSES!
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2008, 08:50 PM   #109
xtremecruiser
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartys View Post
dude that is HORRIBLE.....I can't believe they're being such pricks.....when you sent your letter, did you try sending it by courier/registered mail, cause (as you probably already know) you can request that the receiver SIGN for it upon delivery, proving they indeed received the letter in question.......anyways, i hope everything works out for you, there is no reason something like this should be happening.....you deserve a new car + damages.......SUE their ASSES!
It was sent 2 different times via registered/certified mail with return receipt, BMW NA knows about my Lemon Law request, they also have it via email.
Still waiting on that phone call from customer relations since Thursday, they seem to have a habit of standing me up.

Last edited by xtremecruiser; 12-06-2008 at 08:55 PM.. Reason: typo
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2008, 08:59 PM   #110
ejazbmw
blahhh
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235I

i feel sorry for you man but i'm getting mad while I'm reading this, not at bmw but at you, i really think you should lawyer up no one will take you serious but once you have a attorney speaking for you I"m sure things will happen much faster. If i were in your shoes I would have had a new car by now not trying to make you feel bad but I think your taking far much more time to do things then you should.
Appreciate 0