E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > FRM3 issue?

09-26-2022, 08:59 PM   #1
eljay
Colonel
Rep
Drives: ///M + E91

FRM3 issue?

First, I am having this problem on a 2013 Mini Cooper Countryman base. It has FRM3 module, so I figured I'll try my luck here with more experienced folks.

My passenger side city light isn't working. I have changed the bulb, but it still didn't work. So, I checked for voltage at the socket and I get zero.
The wiring appears intact.
When I got the car, it had a few FRM error codes, but they all cleared fine. There is one left, but it's not for bulbs.

I have tried to reset the FRM short circuit counter for that front right parking light, but Tool32 says it cannot communicate with that module. It gives error "ediabas error 20: ifh-0010".
Now, I can successufully check the counters of the other side parking bulb and any other bulb. Only when trying to access counter count for the front right larking bulb, I get that error.
I guess this means that there's actually a physical problem with the harness/cable and that light is truly not getting any power. Do I have that right?
​​​that'll need to check the wires to see if there's an obvious breakage.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2022, 05:57 AM   #2
eljay
Colonel
Rep
Drives: ///M + E91

Anyone?
Appreciate 0