E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Private Owners For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Wash / Wax / Detailing / Touchup Supplies > Brand new ordered car...let me know if this is the correct process

07-23-2011, 08:02 PM   #1
335 oClock
MOE
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 335i 6MT

Brand new ordered car...let me know if this is the correct process

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
My car should be arriving in the next 3 weeks. I went out and got a SHIT load of supplies from an AWESOME company Chemical Guys, anyhow, let me know if I have the right idea of what im going to do.

Told the dealer (which probably now hates me, much love Paul), to not take off any stickers/cardboards/vinyl/tape off the car, and not to wash it. Im going to drive it home and detail it myself...

1) detail interior (leather conditioner, rubber conditioner, what not..)
2) Foam Spray exterior
3) Microfiber wipe down and water down,
4) clay the car (light clay bar)
5) Wash down, dry off with quick detail
6) Glaze
7) Seal
8)Wax

of course there is a LOT more detail to get into, but that is the process I'm going to go with, im using very good microfiber towels, sponges, etc.

Any suggestions?

Appreciate 0
      07-28-2011, 04:58 PM   #2
RevC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: a couple fast toys

looks fine..here's some pointers- post in the right section.

make sure to use a citrus wash to strip any old protection off of the paint. are you using a random orbital or by hand? as far as waxing on top of sealant, i don't prefer it. chemical guys prods are great. i use the jetseal and i don't find the need for any wax, make sure you apply two coats of sealant waiting a day in between (although not neccesary) and allow proper curing time, i know ms109 is meant to cure in 20, but give it a night, you'll see a difference.

for the interior i like a few products..1z cockpit prem and aero protectant.

SGM e92 335xi|Helix|AFE|AWE|PROCEDE|SYNAPSE|ER|OSS|BMW PERFORMANCE|P3|always growing..
Appreciate 0