E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Time to start modifying...

05-22-2012, 09:05 AM   #1
gpchamp
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 440i GC '23 Tesla Y

Time to start modifying...

...my 2008 Montego Blue 335i. I'm thinking about new wheels/tires, a M-Sport front bumper, and an exhaust. What wheels do you think would look good on my car? I'd prefer to stay at 18". Where can I get the front bumper? Lastly, what exhaust do you recommend? I'd like to stay somewhat subdued, and no droning at highway speed!

Thanks in advance for your feedback.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2012, 09:12 AM   #2
nafoo
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Boosted Bimmer

You can get the bumper at getbmwparts . c0/\/\ My m-sport front bumper is getting painted right now

HKS is only noticable when you get on it. Doesn't drone. A lot of people also like the AE exhaust, but it can get a little "boomy" at low rpms. Stay away from Vanguard if you like "subdued," lol.

Go to the Southwest section and find Hooy and click on the fb link in his signature. We have a huge group down here in Houston.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2012, 09:24 AM   #3
E90SoFlo
Banned
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Advan Rs-D wheels
M3 bumper
Stock exhaust + Catless downpipes + 2nd cat delete

these are all opinions but thats what I would do
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2012, 09:33 AM   #4
gpchamp
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 440i GC '23 Tesla Y

Quote:
Originally Posted by nafoo View Post
You can get the bumper at getbmwparts . c0/\/\ My m-sport front bumper is getting painted right now

HKS is only noticable when you get on it. Doesn't drone. A lot of people also like the AE exhaust, but it can get a little "boomy" at low rpms. Stay away from Vanguard if you like "subdued," lol.

Go to the Southwest section and find Hooy and click on the fb link in his signature. We have a huge group down here in Houston.

Cool!!
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2012, 10:12 AM   #5
benzy89
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E90 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [7.50]
If you have the coupe, get the M-Aero lip -- it's perfect for the body style & I'm trying to see if I can get it fabricated to fit on my sedan. IMO, the M3 bumpers belong on M3s (your car doesn't have a V8, any1 who knows BMWs will notice that).

I'm a performance junkie, I'd say at least get a tune & an intake --- Get you up to 320 HP/330 TQ and it'll really show you how powerful that turbo'd I6 really is. If you really want the exhaust to change & not worry about drone, just get new downpipes & you'll get that deeper sound.

After that maybe some visual mods: Front/Rear bodykits, rims (you like multi-spoke, you looking for something more racing inspired or decoratic?), trunk/spoiler, headlights, gauge upgrade (I'm gonna go for M3 replica gauges: red needles & white LED upgrades for the numbers). Montego Blue is a beautiful color -- Maybe black rims & a black vinyl rap on just the roof (if it's a coupe) would look perfect
Appreciate 0