E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Tuners

05-23-2019, 04:12 PM   #23
lightmanek
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 335i N54 MT ST PI FF

Ha! My 'dream' car was and is 911 Turbo (any flavour), so we have similar taste in cars!

But 335i is my baby now, so not gonna trade it easily, my target (the absurd one) is to get it to 900+ BHP without a LSD!
Maybe I can do it before 2021 ...
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2019, 07:21 PM   #24
johnscales
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i MSport

Forgot to update on this. Nick at CIT-TECH said he has nothing doing with meth. Fair enough and straight to the point. JFA said they now predominantly tune diesels but that there were a couple of technitions that did petrol tunes. Said he’d call me later the same day but didn’t come back. I didn’t chase up instead going with the MHD 102 Ron map. Fantastic for short runs or straight up pulls where the meth sprays and keeps temps down but I learned today on a 3 hour round trip that this map is no good for DD when not on boost. Oil temps will quite quickly rise to 120c and pretty much stay there. That normally only happens in a really hot summers day (upwards of 25c). Iat’s did the same ~135f unless moving air through the radiator. Car held it and I got a few pulls in on the final stretches of road near my house but I could feel that it wasn’t as good as when I when your just to log. Close but no cigar. I had that hot coolant smell when I popped the bonnet after getting home reserved normally for when the fan has been running long periods. Have to do the same trip again on Wednesday so will flash back to 98ron map and see what how the temps are normally. Custom tune definitely required.
Any idea of the tuning behind 93 and 102 maps such that the car runs hotter if using a lower fuel rating for a higher map?
Appreciate 0