E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > chasing a Squeaking Sound from engine and coolant leak

06-15-2019, 09:20 PM   #23
tomwadek
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335i

Update

Sorry, it took so long guys but I wanted to return and update everyone with what the solution ended up being. I hate it when ppl don't do that.

The radiator Behr was no good. 3 of the side fins were not pressed incorrectly and caused the leak the coolant leak was spraying all over the belt causing the squeaking sound and causing me to chase my tail.

The radiator cap was not holding pressure. Tried it on my buddies 328i and it also was leaking on his car.

FCP Euro made things right. They not only took everything back and warranted it but they also replaced it with dealer parts. Everything I got back was packaged in a dealer box. My mechanic at the dealership confirmed they were genuine BMW.

I have included the videos of the tech troubleshooting the problem originally.

I'm extremely happy with FCP Euro and I'm glad they back their warranties.
Now I have an issue with the coolant reservoir sensor. The car reports low coolant but I'm at max levels. Ordering one from FCP Euro.

Appreciate 1
      06-18-2019, 11:51 AM   #24
mastarron
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i xDrive M Sport e92

Thanks for the update! Keep us posted on the sensor replacement.
Appreciate 0