E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > New BMW driver, asking about reliability

Closed Thread

06-16-2019, 07:00 PM   #45
Welcome to NBA Jam
Is it the shoes!?
Rep
Drives: (Sold) 2011 E92 335i ZMP 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer_Engineer View Post
I can’t understand what a 12 year old will do with a 335
ftfy
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2019, 07:16 PM   #46
McLarenBMW
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 330i 6MT

I'm really surprised at how condescending you all are as BMW drivers. I came here for simple technical information and then a guy tells me to buy a Civic, another guy calls me a troll, and everyone thinks I can't afford the car lol. This is a joke honestly
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2019, 07:42 PM   #47
Maestro
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 2021 X3

First, the only reason BWM appear to be unreliable is due to the fact forums like this exist and the BMW crowd have very high expectations and complain about everything.

I have 07 335i MT with 170K miles and engine is running strong no major issues except standard maintenance. Now, BMW plastic parts suck break all the time, stupid little things happen like window regulators breaking, mirror moving on their own because the home pin getting stuck, and various other stupid little things breaking on a 12 yr old car but what would you expect.

When I bought the car I was told, it's not the cost to buy that hurts, it's the cost to maintain the car. So you have to plan to spend lots to keep the car on the road. Yes you can do the work, but parts cost more, yes you can find knock off parts but they will not last like the OEM parts. You're luck their forum like this with lot's of information to help diagnoses problems.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2019, 07:44 PM   #48
johnmyster
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 n52

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLarenBMW View Post
I'm really surprised at how condescending you all are as BMW drivers. I came here for simple technical information and then a guy tells me to buy a Civic, another guy calls me a troll, and everyone thinks I can't afford the car lol. This is a joke honestly
Well, you were asking for n52 info, and said that you already knew all about n54 cars. The simple "technical" info was maintenance issues, reliability, and cost. That's what you got.

Bottom line is that we wonder how you're going to figure out how to buy, fund, and maintain a 12 year old expensive car when you can't manage to search the naturally aspirated engine subforum, brimming of the exact info you were seeking. Instead, you manage to spend four pages rubbing an entire forum the wrong way. Guy buys his first auto tools, is an expert of all things automotive...because he bought some tools.

Look out guys, he's mentally committed to getting a n54 e90. It's going to come true because I read it on the internet.

Wait, no wait, apparently according to his signature he "drives" an e90 330 manual. Where'd this come from?

Quote:
It's called free speech, cry more dickhead
Here in the United States of America, the first amendment right (of free speach) has nothing to do with the protection of irritating, ignorant, juvenile morons. You nitwit. It protects our right to speak against a tyrannical government.

This, my friend, is how we know that involved car ownership is going to be a challenge for you. You can't get a petty insult straight. How hypocritical that you complain that others have spoken against your behavior, yet cite some "right" to be a crude, offensive, jerk to others.

Last edited by johnmyster; 06-16-2019 at 07:56 PM..
Appreciate 2
Efthreeoh16946.00
Dpc2u11503.00
      06-16-2019, 07:59 PM   #49
McLarenBMW
Banned
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmyster View Post
Well, you were asking for n52 info, and said that you already knew all about n54 cars. The simple "technical" info was maintenance issues, reliability, and cost. That's what you got.

Bottom line is that we wonder how you're going to figure out how to buy, fund, and maintain a 12 year old expensive car when you can't manage to search the naturally aspirated engine subforum, brimming of the exact info you were seeking. Instead, you manage to spend four pages rubbing an entire forum the wrong way. Guy buys his first auto tools, is an expert of all things automotive...because he bought some tools.

Look out guys, he's mentally committed to getting a n54 e90. It's going to come true because I read it on the internet.

Wait, no wait, apparently according to his signature he "drives" an e90 330 manual. Where'd this come from?

Here in the United States of America, the first amendment right (of free speach) has nothing to do with the protection of irritating, ignorant, juvenile morons. You nitwit. It protects our right to speak against a tyrannical government.

This, my friend, is how we know that involved car ownership is going to be a challenge for you. You can't get a petty insult straight. How hypocritical that you complain that others have spoken against your behavior, yet cite some "right" to be a crude, offensive, jerk to others.
If you read my first few posts I already said that I wanted people to tell me about their experiences with the N52 engine and what parts they had to replace. Nobody has done that yet, I want live accounts from active N52 owners
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2019, 08:06 PM   #50
johnmyster
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 n52

Quote:
If you read my first few posts I already said that I wanted people to tell me about their experiences with the N52 engine and what parts they had to replace. Nobody has done that yet, j want live accounts from active N52 owners
I did read them. There's an entire subforum of actual, living accounts, from actual N52 owners that drive actual e9x cars. Right now. On planet earth. This isn't hard. Why would anyone take the time to give you what you want when you're two clicks away...zero insults required.

FWIW, the thread where you suggested a throwout bearing diagnosis on an auto car was priceless.

Watch out, n52 engines use really expensive brake booster hydraulic vacuum fluid.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2019, 08:07 PM   #51
djh2
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 330e

Garage List
2007 BMW 328i  [0.00]
I have a high mileage N52. I have spent a decent share on replacement parts but nothing out of the ordinary for a 10+ year old car with 188K miles.

I found it particularly interesting that the OP comes asking for advice on N52 and then offends the owner of probably one of the highest mileage N52 in North America.
Appreciate 1
Efthreeoh16946.00
      06-16-2019, 08:25 PM   #52
McLarenBMW
Banned
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmyster View Post
I did read them. There's an entire subforum of actual, living accounts, from actual N52 owners that drive actual e9x cars. Right now. On planet earth. This isn't hard. Why would anyone take the time to give you what you want when you're two clicks away...zero insults required.

FWIW, the thread where you suggested a throwout bearing diagnosis on an auto car was priceless.

Watch out, n52 engines use really expensive brake booster hydraulic vacuum fluid.
Why would anyone come to my thread if they didn't have the intention of giving me what I want? Who are the real trolls now?
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2019, 09:16 PM   #53
Hoody007
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i ZMZ LCI | 850i/6

Quote:
Free speech is not only a law, it's a courtesy. Everyone should be able to say what they want and they will regardless of what your communist f*ggot ass wants
You lack a basic understanding of the Constitution of the United States, and the Charter of Rights and Freedoms of Canada, decorum, and I daresay basic logic. You would be well served to not make homophobic comments on this forum. Contrary to what your addled mind might think, this form is subject to rules limiting the kind of speech displayed here, and you would be well served by heeding them.

Have you considered any of what I and several others have actually asked / said?

It's hard knowing what you can and cannot afford. Even harder is looking at something you want and having the volition to say that "no, I cannot afford this."
Mark of an adult, something which you are clearly not.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2019, 01:47 AM   #54
McLarenBMW
Banned
Canada
Rep

Ok so I've given up on the 335i because I'd have to sell a kidney to replace the turbos if anything goes wrong, so now it's between the E90 330 or E46 330Ci. The N52 has the water pump issue and the M54 has the CCV issue but less complicated overall and they're almost matched on speed. I could always get both in the next few years so whatever
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread