Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > 5 month review of 19" Linea Corse Dyna wheels

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

03-23-2010, 12:30 PM   #1
vip
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2001 Alpine White M5

Thumbs up 5 month review of 19" Linea Corse Dyna wheels

After having the Dyna's for about 5 months, I decided it was time to put a my overall review of these wheels. I picked up the 19" set (235.35.19 fronts) (265.30.19 rears) in October when I first got my e90 335i. If you have seen these wheels on wheeldudes site or in pictures elsewhere, trust me, they do not do justice at all. The rear lip on these wheels are pretty deep for a 19 inch wheel. When I first saw these wheels mounted on my car, I was in complete shock. I was like is that my car? They truly transformed the car into a beast. With wheeldudes recommendation, I got the dynas in a very aggresive m3 offset. The rears stick an inch and a half or so out the rear fenders. Please note that is only recommended if you plan on rolling you fenders. I had mine rolled twice, but they still rub on certain dips in the road and with 2 passengers in the rear. The look of the rear wheels more than makes up for the rubbing.

Strength of wheel:

This is by far the most important aspect when purchasing a set of wheels. Not only should they look good, but they should also perform and stand up to the ugly roads we have, especially in the Bay Area. There have been many times that I swear I popped my tire or bent my wheel. I have put these wheels to test for sure. Most of the time I avoid potholes, but sometimes, they come up so quickly that you can not avoid them. In any way, the wheels have stood up just fine, with no issues, bents or anything of that nature.

If anyone is in the market for Linea's, go for them!!! You will not be disappointed.
      05-11-2010, 10:51 PM   #2
Fapout
Zwhore Sdrive35i
United_States
Rep
Drives: FORD WINDSTAR MINIVAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by vip View Post
With wheeldudes recommendation, I got the dynas in a very aggresive m3 offset. The rears stick an inch and a half or so out the rear fenders. Please note that is only recommended if you plan on rolling you fenders. I had mine rolled twice, but they still rub on certain dips in the road and with 2 passengers in the rear. The look of the rear wheels more than makes up for the rubbing.
Could you tell me what your wheel width and offsets were? I have a similar situation but have not mounted my wheels yet. I purchased a set of Forgiatos off a 5 series owner and am worried about the rear offset of these. I'm hoping rolling the rear fenders will be the only thing I'll need to do.
Appreciate 0