E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > BMW Hi-End Individual Audio - VO 752 - Retrofitted to E91 Touring

04-06-2017, 02:59 AM   #23
ccfj1
Tinkerer
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F25 X3 M-Sport

^^ thanks for the extra info going to attempt the install this weekend.

Appreciate 0
      04-27-2017, 10:31 AM   #24
ccfj1
Tinkerer
United Kingdom
Rep

Just to tidy info up.

Code cic to individual (this alone will allow the amp to work), its also seen in ISTA-D.

However, as stated, add $752 to VO and then code CAS and NFRM, then code cic.

NCSexpert will now "see" the amp as a loadable option, read the config out and then code to the correct car ( from e63 to e92 for me). and save.

Car is fully coded now and can be seen (and tested) by the ISTA tool set and ncsexpert.

Appreciate 0
      04-27-2017, 12:18 PM   #25
ptpending
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e91

this is too complicated
add 752 to FA, code CIC and MAMP, thats enough
      11-21-2019, 07:19 AM   #26
sarfraz95
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW E91 325d M Sport

Have you upgraded from the base audio package (6 speakers).

If so,
1. how did you install the rear headliner speakers?
2. did you have to buy centre dash trim to install centre speaker?

I've just bought a logic 7 kit so would like to know if I need to order additional trim parts.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2021, 11:15 AM   #27
KFC_KID
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E91 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarfraz95 View Post
Have you upgraded from the base audio package (6 speakers).

If so,
1. how did you install the rear headliner speakers?
2. did you have to buy centre dash trim to install centre speaker?

I've just bought a logic 7 kit so would like to know if I need to order additional trim parts.

Thanks
Sorry to re resurrect a post, did you install your Logic 7? I’m looking to do the same.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2021, 03:39 AM   #28
Jurciks
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW E91 325i

Hi,

Big difference between Logic 7 (High end Hi-Fi) to Individual?
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2021, 04:00 AM   #29
ccfj1
Tinkerer
United Kingdom
Rep

Depends on what you are looking for.

Personally I think there is, lower and and mids are better, top end separation is better.

If you update the firmware, then bass as low end is huge.

It's about the difference from the HiFi to l7.

The system can handle more power too, so you can drive it harder.

-

If you have the base system and want better, then go for EPS, if you have l7 already, then hmmm 50/50.

Appreciate 0
      01-18-2021, 11:35 PM   #30
apgambino
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 335is E92

Retro fit advice

Since we are resurrecting old threads here...I have a 2012 335is e92 that I am going to retrofit from HiFi to Top-HiFi. Planning on splicing the amp into the harness already there to save time, but I can’t find an open fiber line that I though was supposed to be there for the optional CD changer. Any idea if it is actually there somewhere and if not how to tie the L7 amp into the loop? I added sat radio to my 07 and can handle moving fiber already present around, just not sure how to add to the loop. Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2021, 11:41 PM   #31
ctuna
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 325xi 06 wagon MT

After 09 pre wiring was discontinued in the US.
Don't know if it apply s to everything but it was the general rule.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2021, 02:32 AM   #32
ccfj1
Tinkerer
United Kingdom
Rep

Fibre loop will be under the right hand bolster of the rear seat, just get the loop from ebay, they are cheap money.

Appreciate 0
      01-19-2021, 11:04 PM   #33
apgambino
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccfj1 View Post
Fibre loop will be under the right hand bolster of the rear seat, just get the loop from ebay, they are cheap money.
Good thinking, that turned up quite a bit of cheap options. Gotta love eBay for this stuff.

I saw a couple threads talking about having to run a dedicated power line to the Logic 7 amp if you are splicing the current harness. What is the rationale for that? Looking at the pin out, the HiFi amp already has power running to it. Is it a matter of the current copper is too small of a gauge?

I’m not opposed to swapping the harness, just wanted to avoid the work if at all possible. For those of you who did swap the harness did the replacement go all the way into the doors or did it terminate inside the car?

Thanks for the help. I’d love to grab an Individual system, but that looks to be a bit spendy and there are limited options on ebay right now.

Last edited by apgambino; 01-19-2021 at 11:13 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2021, 02:10 AM   #34
ccfj1
Tinkerer
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by apgambino View Post
Good thinking, that turned up quite a bit of cheap options. Gotta love eBay for this stuff.

I saw a couple threads talking about having to run a dedicated power line to the Logic 7 amp if you are splicing the current harness. What is the rationale for that? Looking at the pin out, the HiFi amp already has power running to it. Is it a matter of the current copper is too small of a gauge?
It will be the power consumption, the EPS is 825watt, so make sure you do the power and gnd wires right.

When I did mine i ran a new feed from the batteries IBS block and ran it through a 55a rcd.

Quote:
I’m not opposed to swapping the harness, just wanted to avoid the work if at all possible.
Its a pity you have HiFi, i went from a base system so it was pretty easy. I just ran the new wires.

If I was you, Id make an adapter (do not cut the HiFi loom), that way you can revert when you sell.

Use one of Tenchnics adapters and then solder it to a 20 round pin plug

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-E90-F10...IAAOSwgQ9V4UKR

and

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rear-Logic-...8AAOSwvSJfRGyZ

Work out the pins solder together and there you go.

BTW, both types of EPS amp (old and new), will work with the power and Gnd going to the 20pin plug.

It will even work correctly with a logic 7 amp.

Quote:
For those of you who did swap the harness did the replacement go all the way into the doors or did it terminate inside the car?
Depends on the year of your car, mine is an lci so it was pinned into the connector into the subs, on older cars its pinch twisted under the sill carpet.

LCI cars are a lot easier to do as they are plug and play.

Quote:
Thanks for the help. I’d love to grab an Individual system, but that looks to be a bit spendy and there are limited options on ebay right now.
They are expansive, But half the fun is finding the parts cheap, no?

Appreciate 0
      01-20-2021, 12:02 PM   #35
apgambino
United_States
Rep

Quote:
It will be the power consumption, the EPS is 825watt, so make sure you do the power and gnd wires right.

When I did mine i ran a new feed from the batteries IBS block and ran it through a 55a rcd.

Its a pity you have HiFi, i went from a base system so it was pretty easy. I just ran the new wires.

If I was you, Id make an adapter (do not cut the HiFi loom), that way you can revert when you sell.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-E90-F10...IAAOSwgQ9V4UKR

and

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rear-Logic-...8AAOSwvSJfRGyZ

BTW, both types of EPS amp (old and new), will work with the power and Gnd going to the 20pin plug.

Depends on the year of your car, mine is an lci so it was pinned into the connector into the subs, on older cars its pinch twisted under the sill carpet.

Building an adapter is probably sage advice. Ill probably do that. I take it EPS = Logic 7? I haven't seen it referenced like that. When running to the IBS, is there anything that needs to be done to ensure it is switched with the ignition/ACC? Thanks again.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2021, 02:11 AM   #36
ccfj1
Tinkerer
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Building an adapter is probably sage advice. Ill probably do that. I take it EPS = Logic 7?
EPS is individual audio (EPS is the US term), we just use individual audio in the UK and EU.
logic7 is logic 7

Then both use the same connector plug and both will work when plugged in, juts make sure that the cic/radio is set to the correct amp and you run the rights speakers for each amp

Quote:
I haven't seen it referenced like that. When running to the IBS, is there anything that needs to be done to ensure it is switched with the ignition/ACC? Thanks again.
No, it needs direct power, the MOST turns it off and on.

Appreciate 0
      01-23-2021, 04:53 PM   #37
apgambino
United_States
Rep

Ohm rating

Cool. It looks like I’m just about ready to pull the trigger on this retrofit. One last question, is there an difference between the Ohm rating between the H/K speakers and the EPS/Individual speakers? I have to replace my rear deck in order to add the speakers there and I found one that has the sunshade (which I have) and it still has the individual speakers installed. I also found a H/K speaker set for a decent price (that doesn’t have the rear deck since its a ‘vert) and was wondering if I could by the e93 speaker set and rear deck and just leave the rear deck speakers installed. Thanks again for all your help.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2021, 05:13 AM   #38
ccfj1
Tinkerer
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Cool. It looks like I’m just about ready to pull the trigger on this retrofit. One last question, is there an difference between the Ohm rating between the H/K speakers and the EPS/Individual speakers?
Only the subs, all the others are the correct rating.

Quote:
I have to replace my rear deck in order to add the speakers there and I found one that has the sunshade (which I have) and it still has the individual speakers installed.
Result, the shelf and the centre are dual cone for better top end.

Quote:
I also found a H/K speaker set for a decent price (that doesn’t have the rear deck since its a ‘vert) and was wondering if I could by the e93 speaker set and rear deck and just leave the rear deck speakers installed. Thanks again for all your help.
Yes, since you have the eps rears in the shelf. then you should be good. let me have a link and I can confirm though

Appreciate 0
      01-25-2021, 09:17 AM   #39
apgambino
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Only the subs, all the others are the correct rating.

Result, the shelf and the centre are dual cone for better top end.

Yes, since you have the eps rears in the shelf. then you should be good. let me have a link and I can confirm though
This is a link to the sunshade I am going to buy.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2012-09-10-....m46890.l49292

Basically the rear deck would be Individual and the rest H/K. I was going to do the install in stages, ideally fist replace all the speakers and install the center and rear deck wiring. If I am understanding you correctly the H/K subs are a different Ohm rating so I should wait on installing that until I get the rest of the install done so I don’t over work the HiFi amp.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2021, 09:38 AM   #40
ccfj1
Tinkerer
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
This is a link to the sunshade I am going to buy.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2012-09-10-....m46890.l49292
Perfect, that has the correct eps rears still in, thats saved you $100's these can be used with L7 and eps.

Quote:
Basically the rear deck would be Individual and the rest H/K.
ok.
Quote:
I was going to do the install in stages, ideally fist replace all the speakers and install the center and rear deck wiring.
Ok.

Quote:
If I am understanding you correctly the H/K subs are a different Ohm rating so I should wait on installing that until I get the rest of the install done so I don’t over work the HiFi amp.
Correct, but its the EPS subs that are different.

The subs must match the amp you are running.

So run the HK amp and speakers and swap all the doors dash and shelf's as and when, they will al work fine and then when you have the EPS amp and subs do that at the same time and recode.

Appreciate 0
      07-11-2022, 06:26 AM   #41
scroller
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335i

After this retrofit is an insane difference between the hi-fi stock system which I have in my car. What an adventure was to remove the center console, and remove the glovebox because I was doing 3 retrofits at the same time with the audio system.

OBD1 to OBD 2, rear electric sunshade, aux + USB, and the 16 speakers audio system for the e90. A lot of mistakes I was done in the process, because the bmwtis is not showing which wire should where go . I have searched my old scheme and from the new connector I was connecting by logic, and basses and everything is working insanely.
I can say who is retrofitting this will be happy, because of the final finish. Yeah, I invest 3 hall days in this retrofit but it was worth it. I learn a lot about cables, cable management, and the test I decided to do it without reading the threats in the forum to be more hard for, only me and the schematic from the bmwtis.
The coding of the car was I can say so hard because as I said I don't have any type of skills and that's why I cheated myself there I finished, because of the threats I find on the internet for the coding about the amp. The individual The donor music came out from e92 individual and the speaker's grills don't fit the rear doors with all the wires and harness needed and don't mansion this in the story early.

The rear door handle and the door are in not in the best condition for photos it will be clean soon and I will buy new door handles.
I can prefer who has time and money it's worth it to complete this. The sound in the car is just insane and you can notice it in the traffic if you listening to music loud like me .

The only question, because I can't be an expert in everything, is which settings to choose for the amp from the equalizer settings? Right now I am using default settings.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      12-24-2022, 01:41 PM   #42
Aria335iN54
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i 2007

Quote:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-E90-F10-F20-F30-Hi-Fi-AMP-Connector-Harness/164358033754?hash=item264480915a:g:OTIAAOSwgQ9V4UK R

and

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rear-Logic-7-TOP-HIFI-System-Amplifier-Harness-Amp-Plug-BMW-E60-E63-E92-E93/224132291880?hash=item342f535d28:g:Aq8AAOSwvSJfRGy Zhttps://www.ebay.com/itm/Rear-Logic-7-TOP-HIFI-System-Amplifier-Harness-Amp-Plug-BMW-E60-E63-E92-E93/224132291880?hash=item342f535d28:g:Aq8AAOSwvSJfRGy Z

apgambino ccfj1
Those ebay links for adaptor are not working anymore.

Would you be able to guide me through making the adaptor harness pinout for 676 hifi to 677/752 on e92 and any power/ground cables upgrade requirements?
MOST from CD changer available so no issues there.

I assume that need to run new speakers cables for front dash centre and rear shelf speakers. Any idea on wire spec?

I got my hands on a a set of individual amp and speakers and surprised there is no retrofit guide for hifi to EPS that I can find.

Thanks in advance
Appreciate 0