E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > How to polish intricate areas?

09-19-2020, 12:57 AM   #1
scanspeak
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 325i 12/2007

How to polish intricate areas?

I'm currently working through the larger panels on my car with a 6" DA polisher and soon will be tackling intricate areas like the front grill surround and and A-pillars.
What is the best approach ? Do I have to do it by hand? I've been looking for something like a 2" electric polisher but cant find anything.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2020, 08:41 AM   #2
Bobh59
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by scanspeak View Post
I'm currently working through the larger panels on my car with a 6" DA polisher and soon will be tackling intricate areas like the front grill surround and and A-pillars.
What is the best approach ? Do I have to do it by hand? I've been looking for something like a 2" electric polisher but cant find anything.
If your 6" accepts a 3" backing plate that might be one option.

Doing it by hand is another as you mentioned but may not produce the results you want.

Rupes has their Nano iBrid but that's not a cheap date and you didn't mention a budget. Here's one of their kits - https://www.amazon.com/Clean-Garage-...e%2C176&sr=1-4

I bought this one - https://www.diavolousa.com/product-p...-mini-polisher - and have been very happy. Would be the iBrid be a more elegant solution? Absolutely, and if I did this for a living that's what I would have bought. But this works quite well and Diavolo's customer service is exemplary.

Hope this helps.
      09-19-2020, 02:32 PM   #3
scanspeak
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 325i 12/2007

Thanks for the tips.
Appreciate 0