E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > DIY Guides > Mystery turn signal socket

12-02-2022, 06:57 PM   #1
IthacaMD
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 328i xDrive

Mystery turn signal socket

I have a 2009 328i xDrive.
The left turn signal started flashing rapidly recently (but only sometimes). I finally figured out it was the front turn signal bulb that sometimes wasn't working. Apparently there were a couple different bulbs made in this model year.

I got the bulb out and it's a halogen Philips PY24W. (see photo) This is a bulb that's already mounted in a little base.
The base sits in a socket, and one of the little plastic parts in the socket that holds the bulb somehow broke off when I was trying to put it back in. Now I had to find a socket as well.

I ordered the only base socket I can find for this bulb, but it's not the same. See second photo, original on the right, new one on the left. The new socket doesn't have any metal electrical contacts at all (I don't understand how it would even work), but that's the only one I can find out there.

Any idea where I can get this?

Thanks so much!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-09-2022, 06:37 PM   #2
IthacaMD
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 328i xDrive

Never mind.. I finally found out a body shop used an aftermarket headlight on that side. Didn't even last a year, so they're replacing it!
Appreciate 0