E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > New water pump not turning on

04-19-2024, 07:24 AM   #1
e92Kim
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 335i XDrive n55

Garage List
New water pump not turning on

So i have a 2013 e92 335i xdrive with n55, i recently replaced the water pump and thermostat and that stopped the leaking/overheating but there still was no heat, id have to be driving the car for about 30 minutes to an hour for the heat to kick in and that was only when i was stopped. I’ve tried bleeding the system multiple times and nothings change. Then about two weeks later i started leaking coolant again, i decided to drive it home and all was good till i was pulling into my driveway when the car started to over heat. Then every time id turn the car on the radiator fan would turn on full blast and then minutes later it would overheat and leak coolant. Today i started it up and let it run for about 30 minutes till it was fully warmed, the car never overheated and the radiator fan never turned on but i don’t believe the water pump was running at all, and i still had no heat. I’ve tried doing the bleed procedure after i got it home but the water pump doesn’t make a sound and the bleeding procedure never starts. (yes i’m doing it right i’ve had to do it on multiple bmws even this one and they all had the same steps) i’ve tried looking for fuses in the glovebox and in the engine bay and all seem good. I’m new to the whole mechanic scene and i’m just stumped on this problem and would really appreciate some help Diagnosing this problem and i don’t necessarily want to just buy another water pump and thermostat and wasn’t 6hrs of my time doing it again for it to be something stupid. PS when the car was overheating and leaking the codes were(3446, 348A, 387C, 38A4, 293E, 2C42) and when i had the car running and it wasn’t overheating the only codes i got were (3446, 387C, 38A4,)
Appreciate 0