E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest > Headlight issue, need help 2008 E93 with adaptive headlights

01-16-2021, 12:17 AM   #1
DFR
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Evo IX MR/X5d w/Adaptive Drive

Headlight issue, need help 2008 E93 with adaptive headlights

Where do I start. So for about a year now I have been noticing condensation happening inside my driver side headlight. I noticed the condensation got worse about 2 months ago and I received a low beam malfunction warning on my dash.

I bought a new light bulb thinking that may be the issue, I replaced it and no change. I decided that since my headlight had so much condensation in it, maybe the ballast may be the issue.

I removed the front bumper, removed the driver side headlight, removed and replaced the ballast(the old one had a bunch of water inside) removed and replaced the ACH(this also had a bunch of water) and replaced the low beam bulb.

Now here comes the fun part! I connected the headlight back to the car (driver side) and the car still says low beam malfunction and the headlight doesn't work.

Here is the weird part, if I connect the headlight to the passenger side, the headlight works without any issues. If I connect the passenger side headlight, which has no issues, to the driver side, it doesn't work.

So the issue is something is not right on the driver side of the car? Please help. What am I doing wrong? I've checked the fuses inside the car and they are all good. Does this car have separate relays or fuses for each side? I'll take all suggestions.

It's crazy how this turned from a simple low beam bulb/malfunction to now my entire front end is taken apart and the repaired headlight doesn't work.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Appreciate 0