E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > E90 Questions

12-23-2020, 02:05 PM   #23
E92William
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 328xi

Garage List
2008 BMW 328xi  [0.00]
The 3 stage manifold won't cause any harm or extra wear on your car. That same engine comes with that manifold and higher power in other models. It would be as if it came with it from the factory. The bimmerlabs 330i tune is actually free, all you need is a laptop and a kdcan cable. This swap will add great power to the car, then if you want to go further you can get headers like I did and they make a great difference too. More air coming in more air coming out. Don't bother with trying to do force induction here, if you want to do that honestly just buy a 335 as it's a hassle
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2020, 02:47 PM   #24
e90330ikid
Registered
Rep
Drives: 330i

Hi, Im planning on getting a 06 330i and it has rust on the front passenger door panel and I plan on swapping it out. Would I be able to use an 08 335i (Before facelift) door to swap it? or are they different? Because I went on eco tuning looking g for doors and when I looked at the compatibility list it showed that it was compatible fort the 330i and 335i and other e90 models. Keep in mind that it is a 4 door sedan. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2021, 06:26 PM   #25
Prystay
Canada
Rep
Drives: 01 525i, 06 325xi, 07 335i

Hi william. I also have a 335i aswell as im using a parts car.. I personally find the inline 6 fun enough for a daily nice car.. My 335 is auto tho so might swap it to mt.. do you know much about swapping engines? my old has a 4,000 km 5.0 coyote would I be able to use a 6mt from a bmw. using a ford engine??? I know it would be very expensive but I'm a sucker for crazy awesome cars.. Is there much parts I could take and sell for more money as swapping motors and tranny's cost money and aloot of my time as me and my dad would most likely doing most of the work if not all of it. The 335i has engine problems never got around to scanning it... 140xxxkm on both tranny and engine twin turbo, beautiful beach sand brown and wood panels black panels on door.. Just its a auto. I don't care for autos. Car is beautiful. I orginally planned on flipping it but rather keep it and sell my 325. BC no clicks on the thing.. And perfect condition.. As I was typing this.. Would I be able to sell my engine on my 325. 40,xxxkm and take the transmission and use that in the 335? swapping the engine n tranny from 335 and putting it in 325, sell turbos.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2021, 06:27 PM   #26
Prystay
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmo24 View Post
Let's see a pic of this car
I am using a work computer to post these comments how can I get the photos from my phone onto my computer kinda noobie with computers.. AS I bang nails all day! Thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2021, 06:46 PM   #27
tmo24
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prystay View Post
I am using a work computer to post these comments how can I get the photos from my phone onto my computer kinda noobie with computers.. AS I bang nails all day! Thanks
I use the app. But you would have to take pics then email to yourself and save to your computer. Then attach the file. Anyway... as far as doing a manual swap, it would really be more cost effective to just purchase a used one with manual. Of course, to each their own. I have had 4 335i’s and had a weird scenario. Anyway...The first one was auto. I love manuals and have ways had them but this auto was great. It was 2008. I got rid of it and got a 2007 manual. It was fun to drive but the auto was very good and it was damn near impossible to be a better driver than the auto. So I sold the manual to a friend on payments. Got a 2010 auto. I did the Alpina transmission tune. It transformed the car. I didn’t want to ever go back to the manual. Well... my friend stopped making payments so I got it back. I have my 2010 to my fiancé. I drove the 2007 manual again. I hate it. I ended up buying a 2007 335i auto e92. The others were all e90s. I did the XHP tune on this one and also in my fiance’s 2010 that had the alpina tune. Again, it transformed the car. This is coming from a guy who thought there I would never ever EVER drive anything but manual cars. I am going to sell my 2007 manual 335i because it’s not as quick or as fun to drive as my tuned auto. I’m not trying to change your mind but I definitely wouldn’t spend the money on a swap without finding someone locally who has a manual and maybe strike a deal where you can swap cars for a few days. Even a week. I doubt anyone would really do that but you never know. Hopefully you have a friend that has one.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2021, 05:32 PM   #28
Prystay
Canada
Rep

Hi tmo, Thanks for the reply... I Do realize manuals are slower if u dont bang gears always but I always love learning and doing weird shit... I could possibly take my mt from my 325 and put a auto in that as its my daily well not really I got a ol ford that does the job saving me money.. But I still could use my at with 5.0. And just maybe fix engine once I figure out the engine problem.. As it does have some nice snails.. And It did pull my friend claimed but could've been to make me buy it.. But I would rather the 5.0 with the mt 6speed.. But if I am faced with to many problems. Most likely would cut loses and buy something else as lots of things catch my attention and I dont like just having a plain car, or truck..
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2021, 09:04 AM   #29
Prystay
Canada
Rep

Photos

[ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]Name:  wintersbmw.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  211.1 KB[/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH]
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-04-2021, 09:16 AM   #30
Prystay
Canada
Rep

Sorry for not adding message im not very good with computers!! But as for me explaining what is what.. The blue car is not mine.. This is just one of the colour's i've picked to paint this Frankenstein of a car.. First is my ol e39 winters... Not much but once sand blasted itll be sum.. Not bbs but will do lol. 2nd pic is when I drove er into the garage noticing it was kinda thick.. 3rd, 4th n 5th all dmg. Have lots more of the work and damage.. (couldnt fit more) 6th and 7th when I first was able to legally drive it.. (Front struts, rad, lines, lots of work was put into just to get it to be road legal.. 8th is the interior.. dont like it tbh to plain.. Would love to have my wooden grain to replace all silver or aluminum.. Either Beach brown seats with it and stain the wood so its like a darker oak OR leave black seats with wood.. Last picture is the fitment.. Snug but not too snug.. W/O coilovers.. already ordered kw vr 3 I believe coilovers.. Im planning on lower it in summer and leaving it stock height or even raise it more.. I have my other parts bmw thats the auto.. BUT its no where near photo ready for me.. I have photos of the 5.0 engine but didnt think anyone would wanna see it..
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2021, 09:17 PM   #31
tmo24
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Hi tmo, Thanks for the reply... I Do realize manuals are slower if u dont bang gears always but I always love learning and doing weird shit... I could possibly take my mt from my 325 and put a auto in that as its my daily well not really I got a ol ford that does the job saving me money.. But I still could use my at with 5.0. And just maybe fix engine once I figure out the engine problem.. As it does have some nice snails.. And It did pull my friend claimed but could've been to make me buy it.. But I would rather the 5.0 with the mt 6speed.. But if I am faced with to many problems. Most likely would cut loses and buy something else as lots of things catch my attention and I dont like just having a plain car, or truck..
I think the swap still isn't worth it. It requires swapping all of the components and wiring and coding everything. Its still a massive and very expensive job to have done. These cars are so cheap now that you could probably sell yours and get one that runs right with potentially lower miles with a manual already in it. For less than it would cost to do the job only to find out that something didn't work right. If you have access to all of the lifts, tools, coding, and feel like you want to tackle the job, just keep us posted on what happens.

2007 335i Jet Black e90 6MT - Eibachs, magnaflow exhaust, carbon hood, short shift kit, some other random stuff - being sold somewhere sometime soon probably

2010 335i AW e90 6 AT Msport - The GF took this one over... JB4, PE exhaust, Koni yellows/Eibachs, pink badges, fuzzy steering wheel cover ?
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2021, 10:52 AM   #32
Prystay
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I think the swap still isn't worth it. It requires swapping all of the components and wiring and coding everything. Its still a massive and very expensive job to have done. These cars are so cheap now that you could probably sell yours and get one that runs right with potentially lower miles with a manual already in it. For less than it would cost to do the job only to find out that something didn't work right. If you have access to all of the lifts, tools, coding, and feel like you want to tackle the job, just keep us posted on what happens.
I'll continue to sit on this idea. Would it be better to use my already mt 325? then skip the tranny swap and just do engine.. Then id face if id need a better tranny.. OR if it could do just fine.. As im not mechanic. Just trying to learn and build some crazy shit like my ol man.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2021, 12:29 PM   #33
tmo24
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I'll continue to sit on this idea. Would it be better to use my already mt 325? then skip the tranny swap and just do engine.. Then id face if id need a better tranny.. OR if it could do just fine.. As im not mechanic. Just trying to learn and build some crazy shit like my ol man.
I completely get that. Doing it for that reason is commendable and I support it. If it was about money, no. If it's about becoming like your old man, there's no price you can put on that. I would personally actually find someone selling a full retrofit that has everything you need. Used transmissions can be had for decent prices. Start with looking into what it takes to retrofit it. Search for a DIY auto to manual swap and be vehicle specific. Make sure you know what is compatible etc. Make sure you look into the wiring and ecu changes/codings that need to happen. This swap has been done but spend a lot of time researching and reading about it all. Watch videos. Read many many threads and comments on what you need so you aren't stuck and need something that you forgot and have to redo the entire install etc. I wish you luck. If you plan on swapping with what you already have, research on the compatibility. Make sure everything will mate together.

2007 335i Jet Black e90 6MT - Eibachs, magnaflow exhaust, carbon hood, short shift kit, some other random stuff - being sold somewhere sometime soon probably

2010 335i AW e90 6 AT Msport - The GF took this one over... JB4, PE exhaust, Koni yellows/Eibachs, pink badges, fuzzy steering wheel cover ?
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2021, 01:25 PM   #34
Prystay
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I completely get that. Doing it for that reason is commendable and I support it. If it was about money, no. If it's about becoming like your old man, there's no price you can put on that. I would personally actually find someone selling a full retrofit that has everything you need. Used transmissions can be had for decent prices. Start with looking into what it takes to retrofit it. Search for a DIY auto to manual swap and be vehicle specific. Make sure you know what is compatible etc. Make sure you look into the wiring and ecu changes/codings that need to happen. This swap has been done but spend a lot of time researching and reading about it all. Watch videos. Read many many threads and comments on what you need so you aren't stuck and need something that you forgot and have to redo the entire install etc. I wish you luck. If you plan on swapping with what you already have, research on the compatibility. Make sure everything will mate together.
Hi Tmo.. this project is 100% to get help with my old man and learn alot alot more about bmw's. I've been watching videos here and their but as covid is here now all I do is sit here and sit through meetings and such.. So videos always helps.. I've already learned alot.. and I doubt id swap trannys.. Just use a 325 shell only thing is the coilovers. I know kw doesnt support 325 series.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2021, 01:45 PM   #35
tmo24
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Hi Tmo.. this project is 100% to get help with my old man and learn alot alot more about bmw's. I've been watching videos here and their but as covid is here now all I do is sit here and sit through meetings and such.. So videos always helps.. I've already learned alot.. and I doubt id swap trannys.. Just use a 325 shell only thing is the coilovers. I know kw doesnt support 325 series.
They might. Well they should actually. If it's a 325 e90 then I don't see why not. Maybe if it's an xi and they don't support xi but there isn't a reason why they won't support a 325 e90 but will support a 328 e90. It's the same chassis outside of a different setup for xi. Call them or email them direct if that's what you want. And then you will have your answer. I'm glad you're learning with your old man. My pops was also a car guy but he does when I was 18. So I was only able to learn some very basics from him. I had to take his legacy and run with it. I'm envious that you can spend this time with him and I wish you all the luck with the project. The binding will last forever. Cheers

Appreciate 0