E90Post

ECS BMW

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Dealership a joke......

03-07-2007, 05:28 PM   #1
RokX
'07 E92 335i SOLD
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 Jeep SRT8, SC'd '06 GTO

Thumbs down Dealership a joke......

I Checked the OC recently, and my e92 status changed to En Route so I called my dealership and talked to my CA/SA and asked her if they could tell me what ship it was on. She had no idea how to do that, nor did anyone she asked there. Call me crazy, but I thought this is part of the job? This is by far not the only thing I can bitch about this dealership. New Mexico is a 3rd world country when it comes to services and quality compared to any other state. Just had to vent for a sec, over these little stupid things. Thank God I'm moving to Las Vegas in a few months........
      03-07-2007, 06:52 PM   #2
John 070
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i cpe

That's totally bizarre. You and I know how to go onto the web and use a web-browser, right? The CA should be able to do the same and use their log-in to bring up your order. It's just like the OC only it has real data and information. Even the 800# cannot help you with the ship information, it's up to the dealership. Maybe you should talk to a manager. Good luck.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2007, 09:11 AM   #3
IrvRobinson
Banned
Rep
Drives: X3

They need to go on to the BMW internal site,dealerspeed.net, go to dcsnet,then vehicle inquiry,input production number or vin, and should be able to figure out the rest..give them the step by step over the phone or ask for the SM ( sales manager ) and they can do it for you,it only takes a few minutes.Now I undersatand why I'm getting orders from NM and I'm in Il.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2007, 10:58 AM   #4
S4to335
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Audi A4 / 91 Track Miata

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RokX View Post
I Checked the OC recently, and my e92 status changed to En Route so I called my dealership and talked to my CA/SA and asked her if they could tell me what ship it was on. She had no idea how to do that, nor did anyone she asked there. Call me crazy, but I thought this is part of the job? This is by far not the only thing I can bitch about this dealership. New Mexico is a 3rd world country when it comes to services and quality compared to any other state. Just had to vent for a sec, over these little stupid things. Thank God I'm moving to Las Vegas in a few months........
Yeah..but in Vegas you MUST get the security package for $399 that includes window etching...ugh.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2007, 04:58 PM   #5
dkbimmer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrvRobinson View Post
They need to go on to the BMW internal site,dealerspeed.net, go to dcsnet,then vehicle inquiry,input production number or vin, and should be able to figure out the rest..give them the step by step over the phone or ask for the SM ( sales manager ) and they can do it for you,it only takes a few minutes.Now I undersatand why I'm getting orders from NM and I'm in Il.
I just ordered mine. My CA is a super nice guy and the price we agreed on wasn't too bad either. Anyway, I'm doing the PCD in May and this is my CA's first PCD. He didn't know the process too well. I acutally helped him out more by visiting these "great" forums. I think I know more about this than he does now. I recommended him to join some of these forums. But then, he's a typical sales guy. I think you are one of those cool CAs who's knows his stuff.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2007, 12:02 AM   #6
RokX
'07 E92 335i SOLD
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 Jeep SRT8, SC'd '06 GTO

Quote:
Originally Posted by S4to335 View Post
Yeah..but in Vegas you MUST get the security package for $399 that includes window etching...ugh.
Security package? I guess I am unaware of this. Please indulge me.....
      03-09-2007, 10:32 AM   #7
IrvRobinson
Banned
Rep
Drives: X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkbimmer View Post
I just ordered mine. My CA is a super nice guy and the price we agreed on wasn't too bad either. Anyway, I'm doing the PCD in May and this is my CA's first PCD. He didn't know the process too well. I acutally helped him out more by visiting these "great" forums. I think I know more about this than he does now. I recommended him to join some of these forums. But then, he's a typical sales guy. I think you are one of those cool CAs who's knows his stuff.
I think as a fairly competent CA,it's part of our job.One needs to know all of the different ways to sell BMW's,part of that is a complete understanding of ED,PCD and running locates.It's easy to sell out of the inventory and it's fairly easy to learn how to do the rest.So many CA's complain about the lack of business and the down time which is actually a perfect time to learn all of the programs BMW has to offer.By actively participating and marketing on a few forums,I'm learning new things daily which helps me do my job better !
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2007, 04:38 PM   #8
stubenhocker
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 E91 2016 F30 328d

Being a former New Mexican myself I sympathize with your experience! They don't get that "service thing". LOvely state though!
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2007, 11:35 PM   #9
bimmerFUD
Free Your Heel
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RokX View Post
New Mexico is a 3rd world country when it comes to services and quality compared to any other state. Just had to vent for a sec, over these little stupid things. Thank God I'm moving to Las Vegas in a few months........
NM is definitely not a place to go for good service. Land of Entitlement. I tried the local dealer. After asking me what other dealers were offering me, he called me a liar. Great sales tactic I had planned to stay local, even if it meant paying another grand over any other offer. Oh well. I ended up placing my order with a dealer in CO.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2007, 06:20 PM   #10
marketman
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2000 323it

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrvRobinson View Post
I think as a fairly competent CA,it's part of our job.One needs to know all of the different ways to sell BMW's,part of that is a complete understanding of ED,PCD and running locates.It's easy to sell out of the inventory and it's fairly easy to learn how to do the rest.So many CA's complain about the lack of business and the down time which is actually a perfect time to learn all of the programs BMW has to offer.By actively participating and marketing on a few forums,I'm learning new things daily which helps me do my job better !

On the money , Irv - There is a LOT of GREAT training available to us CA's .
I think the mentality of dealership management has a lot to do with the training as well....... If the dealer does not buy in to the whole BMW "system " then one cannot expect that thing - that intangible thing- called The Joy Of Driving" ......

Old school car business mentality has no place with with BMW .......

There are so many ways you can serve a BMW customer .... and just as many ways to lose them ........

Whats sad is that the delivery options can seal the deal on a customer FOR LIFE and a lot of CA's are only thinking of this months paycheck....

I could go on and on but you get my drift.......