E90Post

Bimmer Retrofit

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Ordering Question

03-13-2007, 11:02 AM   #1
rsj
Rep
Drives: 335i Cabrio

Garage List
Ordering Question

I placed an order a couple of weeks ago for a 335i Convertible with Vista BMW in South Florida after being promised a "late April" delivery date. Knowing this was probably too good to be true, I kept pressing for a production number and finally yesterday the salesman admitted they had no production slots available, but they MAY have slots available from their April allocations which they should get the end of this month.

A few questions....

1. Since I'm going to be doing the Perfomance Center Delivery anyway, does it really matter which dealer I purchase from? My thoughts right now are to just locate the dealer with the earliest production slot and give them my business.

2. Is there any way other than calling from dealership to dealership to find out what production slots they have available?

3. If I do call from dealer to dealer who should I ask for? The sales reps (CAs, or whatever they want to be called) I've talked to either don't have a clue or their being purposely vague. I'm assuming I should probably be asking for the sales manager, Internet Manager or the inventory control manager.

Any input would be appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2007, 11:23 AM   #2
matt_435xi
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Perfomance Model 3

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to matt_435xi
1. for ordering makes no difference, but when getting serviced it may? for instance most BMW dealers only give loaners to cars that were ordered at their dealership.

2. calling around is the only way i know of?

3. yes speak to sales manager.

*RETIRED* 2015 435xi GC [f36] | 2012 335i [f30] | 2009 z4 35i [e89] | 2007 335i coupe [e92] | 2001 325Ci [e46] *RETIRED*

Last edited by matt_435xi; 03-13-2007 at 02:05 PM.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2007, 12:53 AM   #3
IrvRobinson
Banned
Rep
Drives: X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsj View Post
I placed an order a couple of weeks ago for a 335i Convertible with Vista BMW in South Florida after being promised a "late April" delivery date. Knowing this was probably too good to be true, I kept pressing for a production number and finally yesterday the salesman admitted they had no production slots available, but they MAY have slots available from their April allocations which they should get the end of this month.

A few questions....

1. Since I'm going to be doing the Perfomance Center Delivery anyway, does it really matter which dealer I purchase from? My thoughts right now are to just locate the dealer with the earliest production slot and give them my business.

2. Is there any way other than calling from dealership to dealership to find out what production slots they have available?

3. If I do call from dealer to dealer who should I ask for? The sales reps (CAs, or whatever they want to be called) I've talked to either don't have a clue or their being purposely vague. I'm assuming I should probably be asking for the sales manager, Internet Manager or the inventory control manager.

Any input would be appreciated!
If you're going to call,always ask for the SM (sales manager ),whether it's a stste side dealer or ED,you want to know first when their next available car is coming that you can modify and expand your search area.Be sure and get the out the door price so you won't have any surprises.
Appreciate 0