E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > New 9"Joying Android head unit, quick review

02-16-2020, 03:29 PM   #23
kazbek1
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Hey guys, so I think I finally figured out the sound issue I was having. I ended up buying a MOST fiber optic bypass loop and connected it to the SAT unit in the trunk. That seems to have done the trick. Finally. After 3 months of dealing with on/off audio issues. I started a new post and will be posting a video tonight. Thanks activereality for all of your help. I learned a lot.
Appreciate 1
      02-20-2020, 08:56 PM   #24
activereality
Newb to BMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Coupe (E92)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazbek1 View Post
Hey guys, so I think I finally figured out the sound issue I was having. I ended up buying a MOST fiber optic bypass loop and connected it to the SAT unit in the trunk. That seems to have done the trick. Finally. After 3 months of dealing with on/off audio issues. I started a new post and will be posting a video tonight. Thanks activereality for all of your help. I learned a lot.
Awesome!! Great job on isolating to that! Talk about some troubleshooting chops that earned!

Now, time to enjoy that sound system!

Next up: Rear Breaks, replace some worn internal trim panels, USB retro-fit for Carplay and Media connection to N7, then onto the engine!!
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2020, 10:40 PM   #25
kazbek1
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by activereality View Post
Quote:
Awesome!! Great job on isolating to that! Talk about some troubleshooting chops that earned!

Now, time to enjoy that sound system!
Yes, finally! Thanks for all of your help and insight!
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2020, 06:40 PM   #26
mckwong
Private
Rep
Drives: 2009 328i E90 LCI with N51

Quote:
Yes, finally! Thanks for all of your help and insight!
Does it support Apple CarPlay?
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2020, 11:52 PM   #27
PORTMOODY
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: Coal Roller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckwong View Post
Does it support Apple CarPlay?
yes it does.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2020, 12:34 AM   #28
scanspeak
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 325i 12/2007

Hi kasbek1. I purchased the same wiring harness. Were you able to confirm that the yellow wire should be connected to constant 12V?
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2020, 11:31 AM   #29
kazbek1
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by scanspeak View Post
Hi kasbek1. I purchased the same wiring harness. Were you able to confirm that the yellow wire should be connected to constant 12V?
Yep, that goes to the constant.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2020, 07:18 AM   #30
kazbek1
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by scanspeak View Post
Just wanted to update you on the issue I was having with the units constantly changing from imperial to metric on start up. I re-read the posts and you were right about wiring the 12v wire to the battery.

I thought I had solved the problem but the problem persisted. After running the 12v to the battery, I haven't had an issue. Only when I haven't started the car in a week will it automatically cut whatever power is still going to the head unit and restart the memory. I should've listened to you back in January!

I also had a random ear piercing screech that would play through the speakers (maybe once out of every 10 starts) and that has gone away too now. I did go into the settings and turned amp off (was told I should turn it off since I have a factory amp) so not sure if that's what did it or the 12v rewiring but I now have a perfectly running unit.

Just wanted to thank you again for the help a few months back and give you an update. I saw you bought the same harness so figured this info might help.
Appreciate 0