E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > Microphone wire routing

12-30-2019, 12:28 PM   #1
ThomasW
Rep
Drives: '06 E91 325i + '09 E91 325i

Microphone wire routing

Hi Guys,

I need some help from you wiring experts out there. I'm doing a combox retrofit on a '09 E91 CIC system with no pre-wiring at all.

Currently I'm checking where the combox wiring harness connects to, it is the full oem harness.

The 26-pin connector splits up in a few connectors along the way, one of them being a white one with the wires for the mic. As far as I know it needs to be routed to somewhere next to the glovebox. Doing some research, I did not see any connection in that area. Also there is no wiring for the mic in the FZD.

Does anybody have an idea how this is normally wired the correct way? Is there just another connector lying somewhere where the connector from the combox harness is routed to? Hope you can help me out!

Here's an example of the connector:
Appreciate 0